robertmalpass

EWR Transfer Question

Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi

I am travelling BRS - EWR - DEN on CO tomorrow (Sunday 22 July) and I've got a relatively short transfer time at EWR (1hr 20mins) arriving at 1pm. Does anyone know whether this should be long enough? Also, do I have to collect bags at EWR and check in again, or am I likely to be checked straight through? Any responses appreciated.

NYC-air

RE: EWR Transfer Question

Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:12 pm

As long as everything runs smoothly you'll have plenty of time for immigration, customs, bags(I think you will have to collect and re-deposit them - not exactly sure how this is done but CO probably makes it easy). CO's terminal C is well-run and easy to navigate.

That said, my advice is to relax. As is always the case with air travel any number of things could go wrong - your flight from BRS could be delayed, etc. I'm sure CO has plenty of EWR-DEN flights so if you mis your connection they'll be able to re-book you on another flight soon-after. CO tends to have good customer service and, as I already mentioned, Terminal C is a pleasant operation - worst case scenario is that you'll have time for a chair massage (offered somewhere is terminal C, I forget where exactly) after being re-booked.

CV990

RE: EWR Transfer Question

Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:22 pm

Hi!

In July 2006 I flew to BOG via EWR with CO. My transit was 1:45 minutes and actually got shorter because we left late from LIS. I was also concerned like you but at the end everything went smooth, the immigration went well, the collecting and re-checking of the luggage was very efficient ( we had people communicating to you quite loud if you were on transit...) and then it was time to get to my gate and that was really very quick. I remember that I had time to make some shopping and actually I tried also to call my wife, I didn't make it but I tried a few phones there! Probably what will happen is that until the take-off you'll have a long wait!
Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!