Dirkou
Topic Author

US Airways To LIS

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:08 am

Does anyone know how is US Airways doing on their Lisbon flights? Any load factors?

ILOVEA340

RE: US Airways To LIS

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:24 am

Loads on all European routes are avaeraging well over 90% this summer.
Lisbon is of course a seasonal destination.
No idea as to revenue/yields though.

vega

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:42 am

PHL-LIS does not do nearly as well as other destinations. 2007 peak data is not yet available, however for 2006 peak (June-Aug), the average daily passenger load was less than 100 each way. For a 757, that's a load factor of around 50%. I do not however know if the Yields or cargo revenue were significant enough to make the flight profitable. On the positive side for US, each of CO's two daily 757 EWR-LIS flights, did not (when averaged) do as well as the US flight. Of course, the CO flight competes directly with the only other direct flights from NYC on TAP - which does very well.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

flyboyaz

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:58 am

It's overbooked today and tomorrow...and full the rest of the weekend, if that means anything. Everytime I've looked at it, it has been full.
Catch a ride on a smile!

vega

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 am

Quoting Flyboyaz (Reply 3):
It's overbooked today and tomorrow...and full the rest of the weekend, if that means anything. Everytime I've looked at it, it has been full.

I'm only stating what the airlines officially reported as last summer's numbers. If you can provide an actual Load count for the entire month of June and/or thus far for July, it would show an improvement over last year. One week of Loads doesn't really prove very much as far as overall performance is concerned as other weeks in the month may have significantly less. Those blips (assuming that is what they are) could be infrequent tour groups.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

flyboyaz

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:14 am

Yeah that's cool...I was just responding to someone asking what the loads were. I know this summer has been very busy!
Catch a ride on a smile!

HPRamper

Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:20 am

Quoting ILOVEA340 (Reply 1):
Lisbon is of course a seasonal destination.

I thought LIS went year-round? Or am I thinking of another destination?

Quoting Flyboyaz (Reply 5):
I know this summer has been very busy!

This summer has been insane. Last summer had nothing on this summer from what I've seen. I already can't wait to see our Q3 profits  Smile

whappeh

Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:21 am

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 6):
I thought LIS went year-round? Or am I thinking of another destination?

I think its DUB
-Travel now, journey infinitely.

mah584jr

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:54 pm

I've been wondering how US's three newest destinations have been performing (Brussels, Zurich and Athens). Does anyone have any insight on how they've done?

ILOVEA340

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:33 pm

Quoting Mah584jr (Reply 8):
I've been wondering how US's three newest destinations have been performing (Brussels, Zurich and Athens). Does anyone have any insight on how they've done?

The loads have been incredible. You can count with your fingers the number of times that the ZRH flight has gone out with open seats all summer. BRU has quite impressive loads as well.
ATH has strong loads considering their weight restrictions.
There weren't any significant start-up low periods. Full loads were being seem in the first week of ops.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos