njdevilsin03

Spirit To Add 10 Destinations Out Of Fort Lauderda

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:21 pm

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...zspirit0727nbjul27,0,2546942.story

Spirit to add 10 destinations out of Fort Lauderdale. Spirit Airlines will announce today that it plans to add 10 destinations during the next year in what is being billed as its single biggest expansion.

The new routes will be from South Florida and most, if not all, will go to international destinations in the Caribbean and Latin America.

Spirit currently flies to 35 cities domestically and overseas. If the Miramar-based company follows through on the plans, it will fly from Fort Lauderdale to about 30 international destinations.
717, 727, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 752, 753, 762, 763, 777, DC9, MD80, DC10, L1011, ERJ, CRJ, ATR, DH8, A300,

deltadawg

RE: Spirit To Add 10 Destinations Out Of Fort Lauderda

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:17 pm

Ambitious! Seems they are turning into the modern day Low Cost Eastern! Except for the domestic routes.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

Humberside

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:34 pm

I take it most of the traffic on all these new FLL international routes are O&D, since they havent been increasing their domestic feed into FLL?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

MAH4546

RE: Spirit To Add 10 Destinations Out Of Fort Laud

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Quoting Humberside (Reply 2):
I take it most of the traffic on all these new FLL international routes are O&D, since they havent been increasing their domestic feed into FLL?

When Spirit first started, they had a clear bank model, but, yes, they later elimated the pure bank schedule. While they certainly do get connections, they have been trying the best to focus these services on O&D. They still do get a good amount of connections from DC, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, and NYC, though.

One of the new routes is Saturday-only service to Aruba.

[Edited 2007-07-27 15:01:44]
a.

DTWAGENT

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:58 pm

I wish they would stop building up FLL. That airport can't handle much more from them. They have space and gates here in DTW (where they started). They should give NWA a good run for the money if they did some of these flights from DTW.. I know they would need to have bigger aircraft. Maybe more A321's or A319's.

In the last 2 years they seem to have forgot about DTW. And something is up. NK just layed off 150 res. agents out of their Eastpoint location. Are they planning on pulling out of DTW all together???

Chuck

vivavegas

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:02 pm

Quoting Njdevilsin03 (Thread starter):

Spirit to add 10 destinations out of Fort Lauderdale.

The only rub, is you will now need to park on 595 and board using airstairs  banghead  . Any ramp space available at Wayne's World?

Craig
MKE / EYW / LAS - The true trifecta of aviation!

Mikey711MN

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:13 pm

Quoting DTWAGENT (Reply 4):
I wish they would stop building up FLL. That airport can't handle much more from them.

Based on my own personal experiences flying out of the Spirit concourse (E?) at FLL (albeit I was on a JM flight), I noted that gate utilization was surprisingly slow for the few hours I was holed up there. If they concentrate on efficient, timely turnarounds, I don't see a problem with this.

-Mike
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

MAH4546

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:16 pm

Quoting Mikey711MN (Reply 6):
Based on my own personal experiences flyingrnout of the Spirit concourse (E?) at FLL (albeit I was on a JMrnflight), I noted that gate utilization was surprisingly slow for thernfew hours I was holed up there. If they concentrate on efficient,rntimely turnarounds, I don't see a problem with this.

The problem is check-in space. This problem is being remedied by FLL and Spirit, as the area is going to be expanded. One major nuisancernis the bomb-dececting machines are located in the check-in area, andrnFLL officials are working on moving them out ASAP, which will create arngood amount of check-in space for NK.
a.

MAH4546

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:43 pm

Here's the PR, and the article is incorrect:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...&newsId=20070727005087&newsLang=en

Spirit will be sollicting proposals for new destinations, and will pick up to ten to start from FLL by summer 2008.

None the less, Aruba will be announced today or Monday. Starts in November.
a.

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:05 pm

That's bizarre that they make the process so public.
E pur si muove -Galileo

md90fan

Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:33 pm

10 bucks on Puerto Plata, DR  bouncy 
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

MAH4546

Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:37 pm

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 10):
10 bucks on Puerto Plata, DR bouncy

I think they might go for STI before POP. Punta Cana is performing poorly and being reduced to 3x weekly this winter.
a.

upperdeckfan

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:01 am

What about FLL-CCS-FLL? Still waiting for authorization from Venezuela's authorities?
744,742,741,772,773,762,732,735,738,752,727,717,DC10,DC9,M82,M87,319,320,321,343,346,L1011,CRJ2,CRJ9,E190,ATR42,DSH8,

Kohflot

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:08 am

This line's a little odd to me..

"The carrier will select up to 10 new routes from South Florida and will add up to three new international gateway cities."

From the title of the press release, it sounds like they're adding 10 new destinations from FLL, but this says 10 new "routes" and up to 3 new international cities. That kinda makes it sound like they're going to make sure all the current dots are connected to FLL.. so it seems reasonable that BOS-FLL will be on the list, and maybe SFO-FLL. It also, at first glance, sounds like 7 of the new cities will be domestic. If BOS and SFO are on that list, that leaves up to 5. HOU and MSY make sense.. how bout DFW, PHX, and DEN?

Internationally, has Spirit ever served BDA? LIR is growing and might make sense.. and, looking the other direction, what of the prospect of YYZ, YUL, or YHZ?
Ask why..

RL757PVD

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:17 am

Quoting Kohflot (Reply 13):
how bout DFW, PHX, and DEN

Heh...while we're mentioning cities they dropped and would return to...(minus PHX) throw PVD in that mix! Significant local dominican and latin amaiercan population demographics there. Heck i bet they could support n/s flights to SDQ in the summer
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

zvocio79

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:18 am

there is massive latin people in Florida, lots of market.......perhaps Bogota could be one of the new destinations..........I hope they make it as far as Santiago (SCL) so I can go to Chile more frequently, LAN is too expensive so. good competition.

FLYGUY767

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:25 am

Internationally, has Spirit ever served BDA? LIR is growing and might make sense.. and, looking the other direction, what of the prospect of YYZ, YUL, or YHZ?

I would not look to Toronto as costs are way to high, and Halifax is iffy at best. Montreal may be a wild card.

In reference to International growth I would go for:

Mexico City
Bridgetown
Quito

In reference to the United States domestic growth I would go for:

Boston
Dallas. DFW
Denver
Houston. HOU
Minneapolis
New Orleans
Philadelphia
Phoenix
St. Louis
San Francisco

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

MAH4546

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:38 am

From the title of the press release, it sounds like they're adding 10 new destinations from FLL, but this says 10 new "routes" and up to 3 new international cities. That kinda makes it sound like they're going to make sure all the current dots are connected to FLL..

What they mean by international gateways is domestic cities (possibly current destinations) that might see international service in addition to their flights to Fort Lauderdale. The majority, if not all, of these ten new destinations will be outside of the United States.

Tampa and Orlando are probably already writing up their proposals for why Spirit should add them as international gateways, but I personally don't think Spirit will add any new international gateways in the sense of multiple destinations, despite the solicitation. They are really just playing a game of "how low can you go" to see how desperate some communities are to get a flight to Nassau. I could see them adding more flights from Nassau and Cancun to the mainland, but not anything outside of that.

Also, look for the unexpected. They already fly to two markets that AA ignores - Aguadilla and Grand Turk. They will soon be adding two more markets with no service by American Airlines - Chiclayo and Ponce. They also applied for service to Barranquilla, which was also without AA (but then, after Spirit applied, AA announced service to Barranquilla).

Look for Georgetown, Guyana. Ft. Lauderdale (not Miami) has one of the world's largest Guyanesse populations. Spirit won't ignore this market. Also look for Roatan, a big scuba destination, which AA has repeatedly ignored and is only served from South Florida with one flight a week on TACA. Keep an eye out for service to Iquitos, Peru as well.

There is also the obvious: Aruba starts in November; Panama City will launch in 2008; another Mexican city is likely; San Salvador will launch; Liberia is a given; Port of Spain will be launching very soon (they still need T&T government approval).

Within the US and domesticlly I would expect minimal growth. I think they will connect the two last dots in their domestic network in due time: FLL-BOS (which was to start in November but is on hold) and FLL-SFO.

To Canada, I would put my money on Quebec City before anything else. Fort Lauderdale is Quebec City's largest transborder market between November and April. I bet you NK won't ignore it forever. Daily FLL-YQB A319 service during the winter, and weekend service during the summer (which could cater to South Floridians vacationing in Quebec).

NK likes to think very outside the box when it comes to destinations.

[Edited 2007-07-27 17:54:25]
a.

luisca

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:44 am

Maybe we will finally see NK in PTY
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

cybergus

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:47 am

Quoting UPPERDECKFAN (Reply 12):
What about FLL-CCS-FLL?

Yes they are still waiting for INAC's approval. I hope they start the route on December or January.

Tavo
LAN Excellence in Flight

United787

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:15 am

I always thought FLL would make a great southern gateway for UA but many people on this website would say, "FLL isn't MIA, there isn't nearly as much O&D traffic to Latin America from FLL". I think Spirit is proving that there is and they will be giving MIA and AA a run for its money; hopefully AA will be running for the swamps...

I think UA should forget about merging with CO and DL. I think they should buy out Spirit! Why?

FLL (Southern Gateway Hub)
Fleet Commonality - A320 family (I don't about their engines and I know UA doesn't have A321s)

MAH4546

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:18 am

Quoting United787 (Reply 20):
I always thought FLL would make a great southern gateway for UA but many people on this website would say, "FLL isn't MIA, there isn't nearly as much O&D traffic to Latin America from FLL". I think Spirit is proving that there is and they will be giving MIA and AA a run for its money; hopefully AA will be running for the swamps...

Spirit isn't prooving people wrong, nor do they have AA running for the swamps (haha). Spirit is serving a niche here. The market for a daily flight to Lima is there. The market for three or four? No. The market for flights to heavy VFR destinations is there. You know what isn't there? The business traffic. But for Spirit, that doesn't matter. For AA, UA, etc., it does.

And the day they fly to Brazl, Argentina, etc. is when pigs fly.
a.

OB1504

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:53 am

Quoting DTWAGENT (Reply 4):
I wish they would stop building up FLL. That airport can't handle much more from them. They have space and gates here in DTW (where they started). They should give NWA a good run for the money if they did some of these flights from DTW.. I know they would need to have bigger aircraft. Maybe more A321's or A319's.

An A319 can't fly DTW-LIM.  Wink

Quoting Zvocio79 (Reply 15):
I hope they make it as far as Santiago (SCL) so I can go to Chile more frequently, LAN is too expensive so. good competition.

LIM is about the furthest south you can go from FLL with an A319. Not to mention the huge difference in service between an American ULCC and a Chilean full-service carrier.

Kohflot

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:23 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 21):

So there'd be no room in the business plan for 8-10 A330s in a single-class configuration offering ULCC fares and service to deep South America and from South Florida to a couple points in Europe?
Ask why..

Humberside

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:09 am

Internationally, has Spirit ever served BDA?

Yes, from LGA. Think it was axed around the time Jet Blue started JFK-BDA
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

2travel2know

Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:40 am

Quoting RL757PVD (Reply 14):
Heh...while we're mentioning cities they dropped and would return to...(minus PHX) throw PVD in that mix! Significant local dominican and latin amaiercan population demographics there. Heck i bet they could support n/s flights to SDQ in the summer

Guatemalans would love to fly PVD-GUA.

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 16):
I would not look to Toronto as costs are way to high, and Halifax is iffy at best. Montreal may be a wild card.

If NK is a LCC, why don't they try flying to YHM instead of YYZ?

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 17):
Look for Georgetown, Guyana. Ft. Lauderdale (not Miami) has one of the world's largest Guyanesse populations. Spirit won't ignore this market.

I would guess NK will fly GEO and PBM before AA does it (even if AA from SJU)

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 21):

Are there 3 or 4 unused frequencies for U.S. airlines under the Brazil-U.S. Bilateral? A lot of people will go mad if NK was to apply to use those free frequencies for FLL-BEL (their A319 won't make it further into Brazil than that). About Argentina, Airbus website says that the A319 has the range to fly the distance between FLL and SLA Salta (Argentina most northerly important airport). Lets keep dreaming here; NK could fly to Argentina from FLL with A319, but not to EZE, provided there are no problems with the U.S. Argentina bilateral. Taking about Southamerica, VVI could be another interesting NK A319 destination..
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

yellowtail

Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:48 am

The Airport Authorities here (BZE) have been dropping all kinds of hints that they are talkign to NK here....it is no secret that S. Fla - BZE routes are full of O&D..and that at a "fixed price" of US$450 (prices can only be changed on govt approval)..AA are making a killing....an AA staffer here told me that they only need a 48% LF to make it into the black.....and that AA are averaging (between both dailies) 80%........
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

MAH4546

Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:55 am

Quoting Humberside (Reply 24):
Internationally, has Spirit ever served BDA?

Yes, from LGA. Think it was axed around the time Jet Blue started JFK-BDA

Route never started. It was never even made bookable.

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 25):
I would guess NK will fly GEO and PBM before AA does it (even if AA from SJU)

Probably, but if AA ever goes to GEO or PBM, it would be from MIA, never SJU.

Are there 3 or 4 unused frequencies for U.S. airlines under the Brazil-U.S. Bilateral?

Two weekly unused frequencies. Spirit could theoritically use these to Northeast Brazil. There is actually a very large Fortalezan community that lives in Pompano Beach, Florida (near FLL), and the A319 can make FLL-FOR.
a.

RL757PVD

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:19 am

Guatemalans would love to fly PVD-GUA.

Another route that the region could almost support a daily flight (thanks to TACA beaving BOS)

My oppinion is NK just wanted to dump a stations worth of payroll since PVD was NK staffed and BOS is contract.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

na747

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:39 am

Let's not forget the growing population of nearby Palm Beach County already at approx. 1.2 million people. Many Latinos living there, too. FLL benefits quite a bit from the pull they have from Palm Beach Co. It is so much closer & so much more convenient driving to FLL than MIA from the Palm Beaches.
I think Spirit is smelling....er, seeing, something that the other big guy further south isn't seeing. More power to them as far as I'm concerned.

zvocio79

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:56 am

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 22):
LIM is about the furthest south you can go from FLL with an A319. Not to mention the huge difference in service between an American ULCC and a Chilean full-service carrier.

They do fly the A321 with a 3000 miles range, stop in LIM continue to SCL like LAN used to do it.........come on man, give me some hope.

na747

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:10 am

Quoting Zvocio79 (Reply 30):
They do fly the A321 with a 3000 miles range, stop in LIM continue to SCL like LAN used to do it.........come on man, give me some hope.

True, Zvocio79, they haven't said that all the new destinations *must* be on nonstop flights...right?

boeing743

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:50 am

I am wonder how can Spirit expand more routes out of FLL since that FLL are already little crowded and wonder if they has room to do FIS if all of intl flights arrived at same time? It would be nice to see if Spirit would come to IND. We has almost all of airlines in IND but not Jetblue, AS, HA, Spirit.

aa1818

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:04 am

I reckon they will re-announce POS since they were waiting on Gov't Approval!!

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

MAH4546

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:21 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 33):
I reckon they will re-announce POS since they were waiting on Gov't Approval!!

They haven't announced POS yet, they simply applied for government approval. They have US approval, they don't have T&T approval. Port of Spain isn't one of these ten cities. Neither is Chiclayo, Caracas, Bogota, Barranquilla, or Aruba (I did say Aruba was one earlier, but it isn't. Aruba will be announced independent of this). Aruba has government approval on both sides. Chiclayo is awaiting Peruvian approval (which Peru has said will come next week) and Caracas needs INAC approval from Venezuela (which may take, well, forever). Barranquilla and Bogota will require an expanded US-Colombia air treaty.
a.

OB1504

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:35 am

Quoting Zvocio79 (Reply 30):

The A321 can't make FLL-LIM, only the A319 can. I doubt they'll start SCL service until they're pretty much dominating everything to the north. Also, LA has had a nonstop MIA-SCL flight for as long as I can remember.

MAH4546, great to hear about NK receiving approval for FLL-CIX next week. I wonder why no Latin American airlines (TA, LA, etc) ever considered a nonstop CIX-Miami area flight?

njdevilsin03

Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:44 am

I remember usair had rights to fly to Bermuda...Is that route still allowed from FLL and if so can NK act and apply for that route?
717, 727, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 752, 753, 762, 763, 777, DC9, MD80, DC10, L1011, ERJ, CRJ, ATR, DH8, A300,

MAH4546

Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:50 am

Quoting Njdevilsin03 (Reply 36):
I remember usair had rights to fly to Bermuda...Is that route still allowed from FLL and if so can NK act and apply for that route?

Yes, Spirit can apply, and fly, FLL-BDA. US Airways did very poorly on the route, though. American Airlines has done extremely well on MIA-BDA, however, so the market for Spirit might be there too.
a.

2travel2know

Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:36 am

Quoting NA747 (Reply 29):
Let's not forget the growing population of nearby Palm Beach County already at approx. 1.2 million people. Many Latinos living there, too. FLL benefits quite a bit from the pull they have from Palm Beach Co. It is so much closer & so much more convenient driving to FLL than MIA from the Palm Beaches.

Well, In the past any suggestion for PBI-Latinamerican flights have been received with suspicion if not anger by fellow a.neters.
IMHO, there could be a couple of Latin-Caribbean destinations worth NK trying from PBI, specially for its uncrowded F.I.S. sake.
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

MCOflyer

Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:54 am

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 22):
An A319 can't fly DTW-LIM.

If AC can fly their 319 YYZ-San Jose, then yes its possible. Never rule out anything with a LCC like NK.

My vote: San Jose, CR
LIM
SAN

If they serve these via FLL I'm sorry. Also please serve MTY via MCO. I could see NK dominating that market if the prices were right.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

RICARIZA

Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:00 am

They will start Cartagena-Colombia in a few months and Barranquilla (both open skies cities) while they keep pushing for other routes to Colombia including BOG. They are also taking to the Colombian airline "AIRES" who was recently granted 7 frequencies to FLL from BOG and Spirit is offering them connections to othe cities in the US along with land personnel and services and Aires would offer the same in Colombia...

I miss ACES, I am proud of AVIANCA & I am loyal to AMERICAN

MAH4546

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:44 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 39):
My vote: San Jose, CR
LIM
SAN

If they serve these via FLL I'm sorry. Also please serve MTY via MCO. I could see NK dominating that market if the prices were right.

They already fly to Lima and San Jose. There is no market between MTY and MCO, as AeroMexico easily found out.

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 40):
They will start Cartagena-Colombia in a few months and Barranquilla (both open skies cities)

That's good to hear, though I thought that BAQ going to Open Skies was still pending.

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 38):

Well, In the past any suggestion for PBI-Latinamerican flights have been received with suspicion if not anger by fellow a.neters.
IMHO, there could be a couple of Latin-Caribbean destinations worth NK trying from PBI, specially for its uncrowded F.I.S. sake.

The market for PBI-Latin America is vitually non-existant. Spirit could find a niche for itself operating weekend service from PBI to some Caribbean islands, though. Still, PBI is a weak performing station for them, and only served during the winter.
a.

OB1504

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:12 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 39):
If AC can fly their 319 YYZ-San Jose, then yes its possible. Never rule out anything with a LCC like NK.

YYZ-SJO is 2,030 nm, while DTW-LIM is 3,261 nm. By comparison, FLL-LIM is 2,283 nm.

RICARIZA

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:21 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 41):
That's good to hear, though I thought that BAQ going to Open Skies was still pending

Yes, it is still pending, I should have been more clear on my statement. The decision should come very soon though, apparently next week.
I miss ACES, I am proud of AVIANCA & I am loyal to AMERICAN

yow

Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:09 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 17):
To Canada, I would put my money on Quebec City before anything else. Fort Lauderdale is Quebec City's largest transborder market between November and April. I bet you NK won't ignore it forever. Daily FLL-YQB A319 service during the winter, and weekend service during the summer (which could cater to South Floridians vacationing in Quebec).

In that case what about Ottawa? Surely there's more demand than the current winter-seaonal 4x weekly from YOW. Also, you have to think eventually someone will fly to Florida from YOW year-round, especially since NK can now offer so many FLL connections. CanJet did YOW-MCO weekly year-round during their final year in the sked service business.

I agree YQB-FLL is a market worth taking a look at. Same with YUL-FLL, even though YUL-Miami area already has a lot of service.

I guess the question is, will any of NK's international expansion be north of FLL?

MAH4546

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:23 pm

Quoting YOW (Reply 44):
Same with YUL-FLL, even though YUL-Miami area already has a lot of service.

YUL-MIA/FLL is extremely well served. This summer there will be 10 weeklies on WestJet, three dailies on American, and five daily flights on Air Canada, not to mention Air Transat and Skyservice.

Quoting YOW (Reply 44):
I guess the question is, will any of NK's international expansion be north of FLL?

Not immediately, IMO, but it is an obvious place to expand, especially considering how huge a market South Florida is to Canada. Not only for tourism, but South Florida is home to one of the world's largest Canadian ex-pat communities, and they aren't all from Quebec.
a.

flyorski

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:39 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 45):
not to mention Air Transat and Skyservice.

Do they operate scheduled services?
"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsly believe they are free" -Goethe

Summa767

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 43):
Yes, it is still pending, I should have been more clear on my statement. The decision should come very soon though, apparently next week.

Hi Ricardo,
I think you were right in that BAQ is already "open skies". Aerocivil's resolution 3299 is dated 16th July. It is an unilateral decision, and not formally linked to the US - Colombia bilateral. BAQ is now open to airlines from any origin, and not just from the US.

The renegociation of the bilateral with the US is scheduled sometime in August, and the inclusion of BAQ being available for "charter" flights will be noted there.

What I have yet to find out is what "open skies" actually means. My main worry is whether there is a restriction on tickets being sold on a "charter" modality, that may mean not available to be purchased originating in Colombia. I will enquire,

I am sure NK would have enquired already, and and that may depend their decision to apply to fly on the charter basis, or wait until regular frequencies become available in the next few weeks.

MAH4546

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:33 am

Quoting Flyorski (Reply 46):
Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 45):
not to mention Air Transat and Skyservice.

Do they operate scheduled services?

To FLL, Air Transat has scheuduled service to Montreal, Quebec City, and Toronto; Skyservice service is usually charter, but has been scheduled in the past. They fly to Montreal and Toronto from FLL (and Ottawa and Toronto from MIA).
a.

BWIA330

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:55 am

Spirit defiantely needs to do BUF as this is a really good market, especially for people out of YYZ that are looking for great fares. When will we know about POS?