787kq

Kenya Airways Crash - Any More Info?

Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:35 pm

I had started a topic asking for more information some time ago.
Any Updates On Kenya Airways Crash? (by 787KQ Jun 30 2007 in Civil Aviation)

Unlike in the TAM accident, I haven't found any information about the contents of the flight recorders, etc., that sheds additonal light on the crash. Discussion on that topic is about to head to thread 7.
TAM Plane Crashed In CGH Part 6 (by AC320 Aug 2 2007 in Civil Aviation)

Where is the media coverage?

Anyone have any information?

tdscanuck

RE: Kenya Airways Crash - Any More Info?

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:42 pm

Quoting 787KQ (Thread starter):
Where is the media coverage?

Anyone have any information?

I don't think there's anything to cover. There was the usual flurry of articles when the crash first happened but now it's all in the hands of the regulators and they won't say a peep until they're done. It will take even longer than normal because this particular crash involves at least four investigative groups (Camaroon, Kenya, US, and Canada).

The last information I saw was a press release from Boeing several months ago stating that the FDR data showed the engines were operating normally at the time of the crash.

Tom.

787kq

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 am

Where's the flight data information and voice recorder updates as with the TAM accident?

What's the normal procedure for release of info. Why not in this instance?

sk601

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:38 am

Shocking title for this thread. I thought a KQ plane crashed today by reading the title.

tdscanuck

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:02 am

Quoting 787KQ (Reply 2):
Where's the flight data information and voice recorder updates as with the TAM accident?

What's the normal procedure for release of info. Why not in this instance?

The voice recorder is with Transport Canada...the local authorities deliberately didn't touch it. Transport Canada won't release anything without permission from Cameroon and Kenya.

I'm not sure about the FDR, but I would assume that Boeing has it. Boeing won't release anything without permission from Cameroon and Kenya.

In the TAM crash, the people with the data, the people with authority to release, and the people getting yelled at are all one and the same so they can release whatever they like. With the Kenya crash I doubt we'll hear a peep until everybody is on one page.

Tom.