lubcha132

JetBlue Problems Today

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:22 am

I flew today on JetBlue 504 FLL-EWR. Like all the other departing and arriving jetBlue flights that day from FLL (and EWR, and probably LGA and JFK because of the weather) was delayed. However, this was not weather related, but instead due to mechanical difficulties. The aircraft was N556JB, "Betty Blue". When we were next in line to rotate, the pilot made an announcement that one of the ducts in the #2 engine was overheated and they were bringing us back to the gate so it could be worked on. A short time later, we de-planed, and it was determined that service would have to be done, so when the next aircraft arrived (I believe from LGA), N534JB, "Badda Bing Badda Blue" our flight was switched to that ship, which I believe was supposed to be used on flight 506, the next flight to EWR. When I arrived at EWR, all of the jetBlue flights on the board were delayed, and I am sure this had something to do with it.

Other than the delays it was an excellent flight and the situation was handled very well

richierich

RE: JetBlue Problems Today

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:31 am

Quoting Lubcha132 (Thread starter):
When I arrived at EWR, all of the jetBlue flights on the board were delayed, and I am sure this had something to do with it.

I am sure that your tech delay didn't help matters any but I think the morning's weather in NYC (specifically Brooklyn and Queens) had more to do with the delays than anything else. One storm and the airports are backed up even more than they are on a good, clear day.

I heard that the Van Wyck Expressway (leading toward JFK airport) was closed earlier today due to water and mud on the highway. Also the NYC subways had serious problems this morning due to flooding on the tracks.
None shall pass!!!!

DELTA777

RE: JetBlue Problems Today

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:39 am

The GDPs started early in the New York area today. JFK had it hard in the morning, but has since improved. EWR is still under Ground Stops or GDPs due to weather/winds. Thats the reason for all the delays  Sad

D E L T A 7 7 7