BBADXB
Topic Author

Can FR Fly More Rotations From MAD This Winter?

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:53 am

I read that FR may ground a number of STN-based 737s during this coming winter. I strongly don't believe this will actually happen.

Can they transfer a number of these aircraft to other bases, in particular, to Madrid?

Can FR obtain additional slots at MAD?

Let's consider that they cannot transfer these aircraft to MAD for whatever reason; can they operate to new destinations from their Madrid base during this coming winter?

If they can, I think FR should consider opening a thrice weekly (or at least twice weekly) service to Malta. There are no direct flights between Malta and Madrid during the winter season. AZ and LH carry a significant number of customers between the two airports year-round, and if FR are confident that they can make VLC and GRO to MLA work (as demonstrated by their new services from these airports to MLA, starting at the end of October), I'm 100% sure that Madrid yields will be even better. Moreover, they can obtain government incentives also on this route.

What do you think are the chances of FR flying to MLA from MAD?

CheerZ,

BBADXB  wink 

tdscanuck

RE: Can FR Fly More Rotations From MAD This Winter?

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:53 am

Quoting BBADXB (Thread starter):
I read that FR may ground a number of STN-based 737s during this coming winter. I strongly don't believe this will actually happen.

Those airplanes are due to be sold and should be in pre-sale checks about then...they're not grounded in the sense of "perfectly good airplane sitting there doing nothing."

Tom.

Humberside

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:57 am

Oddly enough there was, and maybe still is, a press release on the Spanish FR website about new MAD routes, including LPL
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

bAe146TOM

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:42 am

Well as cabin crew the news at our front is that bournmouth will soon enough become a base so thats space for more aircraft

Tom

oops wrong post sorry lol

[Edited 2007-08-13 04:43:23]