flyinryan99

20 Year Anniversary Of NW 255 On Thursday

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:00 am

from the Toledo Blade
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...icle?AID=/20070812/NEWS11/70812012

Quote:
Relatives of some who died in jet crash won't allow their loved ones to be forgotten

By DAVID PATCH
BLADE STAFF WRITER

Michael Zanger and Hollins Langton were a young couple headed home to Arizona from Miss Langton’s bridal shower in Monroe. Hidi Ja Ratliff was a teenager returning to California after spending part of the summer with her divorced father in Rossford.

They were among 154 air travelers and two motorists who died when Northwest Airlines Flight 255 crashed shortly after take-off from Detroit Metropolitan-Wayne County Airport on a sultry summer night 20 years ago Thursday.

Michael Zanger’s brother, Tony Zanger, Jr., of Monroe, and Hidi Ja Ratliff’s mother, Mary Ann Ratliff-McGee, are among surviving relatives of those who died in the disaster who plan to observe the anniversary with a candlelight vigil at a black-granite monument on a knoll near I-94 and Middlebelt Road in Romulus, Mich.

MX757

RE: 20 Year Anniversary Of NW 255 On Thursday

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:05 am

I was living in Dearborn Heights which is right down I-94 from Metro Airport when the crash happened and I remember it like it was yesterday. I was at home with my father when the news came on and reported the crash. I remember my dad and I just sitting there in disbelief. It was horrible all those people killed! The ironic part is that I was about to start my senior year in high school and had no idea at the time that one day I would be working in commercial aviation and on the MD-80.

My prayers go out to the family members.  

I will never forget.

[Edited 2007-08-13 00:37:39]
Is it broke...? Yeah I'll fix it.