transair737

Star Alliance Booking

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:22 am

I was wondering if someone might have a tip for me to help booking a flight for November. I would like to fly YYJ to PHX. I am an Air Canada Aeroplan FF and will be close to having status for next year. What I want to do is fly YYJ - YVR on AC and then take the direct US Airways flight to PHX and the same on return. AC and US don't code share on either segment so can't book with their respective sites. I have tried Travelocity, Expedia, Travel Cuts, Cheap Tickets, Airliners.net, Marlin Travel to name just a few and no site give me the option with those flight pairings. The obvious option is to book 2 separate itineraries with each airline, but that comes in at $600 more than the AC/UA routings via DEN or SFO (there are 2 passengers). Does anyone know of a travel site/agency or other method that might be able to pair these together? Thanks in advance.

777ER
Crew

RE: Star Alliance Booking

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:05 pm

When I booked my USA flights both last year and this year with a travel agent, some of the flights I took, NZ and UA don't codeshare on, like ORD-DTW and IAD-DTW. I still got FF points on all flights and one booking. Just go to the airlines web-site or a travel agent if you need to, and I'm sure they will be able to do it for you.
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net for all Moderator contact