Revo
Topic Author

Stavanger Flights Take Off From Aberdeen

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:59 pm

Eastern Airways has launched flights between Aberdeen and Stavanger in southwest Norway.
The regional airline has launched twice daily flights operated by a 50-seat Saab 2000 aircraft.
The Norwegian route is Eastern Airways' first international service from Scotland, and will link two of Europe’s most important oil cities. It will also appeal to tourists wanting to visit Norway's stunning fjords.
Aberdeen airport’s acting managing director, Gavin McKechnie, said: "We're delighted to see Eastern Airways expanding their services to include a European destination which will give their passengers a whole new opportunity.”
Eastern Airways offers tickets through the Air Discount Scheme, whereby residents of Scotland's Highlands and Islands can get reduced fares.

From http://news.flightmapping.com/07/08/...s-take-off-from-aberdeen_1426.html

LH121GLA

RE: Stavanger Flights Take Off From Aberdeen

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:05 pm

Your thread title seems a little misleading ...

Eastern Airways are another airline operating between these two cities as well as WF/SK and X9 - I believe there are up to 8 flights a day now on this route.

Revo
Topic Author

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:07 pm

Quoting LH121GLA (Reply 1):
Your thread title seems a little misleading ...

Im sorry about that, i just wrote the title of the article

Someone83

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:40 am

It's starting to become a little crowded in that route and I'm not sure is Eastern is gonna make this work. In addition to this new route is WF about to increase the frequency on SVG-ABZ (and BGO-ABZ)