SpencerII
Topic Author

Big Sky Airlines & Delta Connection

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:00 am

Since Big Sky became a Delta Connection Carrier out in the Boston area , I've wondered why they don't really
convert their Montana Operations to Delta Connection as well, and provide feed from their out of the way stations to Billings with Delta flight numbers and services beyond Billings. By doing so, they could really do away with their own reservations centers, and open up more marketing to both themselves and Delta. I wondered if that might happen when it was announced that AirMidwest was pulling out of places like VEL CNY ELY & CDC and that maybe Big Sky might opt to start a sizeable 19 passenger feed into SLC as Delta connection.

JBo

RE: Big Sky Airlines & Delta Connection

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:51 am

It all depends on whether or not Delta is interested in codesharing these routes with GQ ... it's not just a matter of GQ wanting to say "hey, let's make these DL routes" and it's done. Contracts have to be signed, etc.

Furthermore, GQ probably doesn't want to put all its eggs in one basket flying for DL ... I think GQ wants to be open to other opportunities and is more than happy flying independently out west.

Plus, GQ doesn't even fly to SLC, which is Delta's hub out there. No point having a codeshare unless you serve a hub or focus city for connections.
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.