glennstewart

Qantas Record Profit (again!) - Tiger Comments

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Record profit for Qantas

Qantas this morning reported a $1.032 billion pre-tax profit for the year to 30 Jun 2007 - up a massive 54% on last year’s result. It was a good result for QF staff too, with each eligible employee granted $1000 in shares and a $1000 cash bonus.

Meanwhile, Tiger Airways has congratulated QF, saying the bumper figure “demonstrates that there is plenty of room in
the Australian market for Tiger”.

---

Seems the Australia-Asia market is continuing to boom. Will be interesting to see how the introduction of Tiger, and Virgin Blue's new US-Australia carrier (V Australia) will have on Qantas's profitability.
Respected users.... If my replies are useful, then by all means...

Ruscoe

RE: Qantas Record Profit (again!) - Tiger Comments

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:38 pm

A lot also depends on what Qantas does with it's loyalty arm, Qantas FF.

I believe Qantas are going to sell it off. I know it is the main reason I book with Qantas,if I can, and I know a few others also.

It has been my experience that when things are "sold off" and it is going to be better for the consumer, it turns out to be better for the "shareholder".

Ruscoe

QantasAirways

RE: Qantas Record Profit (again!) - Tiger Comments

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:40 pm

Quoting Ruscoe (Reply 1):
It has been my experience that when things are "sold off" and it is going to be better for the consumer, it turns out to be better for the "shareholder".

That's true. I'm waiting for their announcement with great interest, as a relatively new member of Qantas FF. I read somewhere that Qantas may re-introduce points expiration (this was speculative), but I really hope they don't. I do, however, like the idea of booking award flights on any flight.

Cheers
Qantasairways
Spirit of Australia