victech

BA Pulls Concorde Service Again

Tue Aug 15, 2000 11:57 pm

BA has pulled Concorde service after British and French authorities are threatening to pull the Concorde's airworthiness certificate. Read the full story here: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000815/ts/concorde_britain_dc_1.html

Greeneyes53787

RE: BA Pulls Concorde Service Again

Wed Aug 16, 2000 5:38 am

Yes, I read this already today. Too bad. I expected it though... My wife reminds me that I told her more than a year ago that the time for Concorde is about up. There are many reasons for this. One for sure is that transonic and supersonic time on an airframe is not a well tested reality. Concordes do not have much time on the airframes in comparrison to conventional jets. Whether these types can stand the microscopic flutter past twenty plus years of one daily flight per craft is just not known.

And one good reason to permanently suspend service for the British is to keep their prestige intact. Yes one Concorde is down, but it is a French one. The British Concorde is the same as the French one but the tarnished record of the French doesn't have to be joined by the British too.

The British can now stop service with a good record and be free from the difficulty of maintaining these wonderful/terrible jets.

Greeneyes53787
Lexington KY

ps-Lexington is still a small city, but we're proud. The first jet transport to land here was an 880. The fastest jet transport here was a Concorde...a few years past.

777LR

RE: BA Pulls Concorde Service Again

Wed Aug 16, 2000 11:16 am

Very sad ending for the Concorde.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos