panamair

Delta Expected To Name Richard Anderson As New CEO

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:08 am

bnatraveler

RE: Delta Expected To Name Richard Anderson As New CEO

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:13 am

wow... Whitehurst and Bastian have long been indicated as the likely successors; I wonder if they will depart.

This is certainly more fuel to the fire for the NW-DL merger, though that still is speculation.

micstatic

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:15 am

Does anybody know if this guy did a good job at NW?
Dave
S340,DH8,AT7,CR2/7,E135/45/170/190,319,320,717,732,733,734,735,737,738,744,752,762,763,764,772,M80,M90

flyingcat

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:15 am

So what is the 411 on this guy?

NW had some crazy times in the 90s (340s,debt, etc), how was he involved?

SESGDL

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:16 am

OMG! I hope this is not true. Otherwise here comes bankruptcy #2. Why in the HELL would they hire someone outside of Delta who had nothing to do with their amazing turnaround?

Jeremy

atlaaron

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:23 am

I'm not sure why but I just feel bad for Whitehurst and Bastain. I would leave if I were them, they saved DL and now this.

LAXintl

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:27 am

He's an attorney by trade, and current EVP/President of UnitedHealth Group.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

MSYtristar

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:30 am

He left NWA around '02/'03 I think and became CEO of Burger King.

AirframeAS

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:30 am

Quoting Flyingcat (Reply 3):
NW had some crazy times in the 90s

He was the CEO at NW when times were good, thats for sure.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

uadc8contrail

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:31 am

didnt anderson get some big payout and left nwa for a health insurance company????iirc i read on a thread a while ago that he was not too well liked there
bus driver.......move that bus:)

panamair

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:32 am

Quoting SESGDL (Reply 4):
Otherwise here comes bankruptcy #2. Why in the HELL would they hire someone outside of Delta who had nothing to do with their amazing turnaround?

The skillsets required of a CEO are rather different from those of a CFO or a COO...

CFOs in general almost never make good CEOs. COOs are possible but I think that Whitehurst's lack of "seasoning" (for lack of a better word) is ultimately what cost him the job....if this decision was being made say 3-4 years from now, Whitehurst could very well have ended up getting the job...but he is probably considered too young and even inexperienced by the Board currently.....his focus has been on Operations to date; to become CEO, he would need additional "all-round" experience.....

LAXintl

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:34 am

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 7):

Wrong person. That was John Dasburg who is now chairman/CEO at DHL.

MSYtristar

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:37 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 11):
Wrong person. That was John Dasburg who is now chairman/CEO at DHL

Ah, ok. I forgot about Dasburg.

paladin87

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:38 am

in the the tough last three years, Anderson has done quite well, says airline analyst Joel Denney with Piper Jaffray.

"Northwest has shined very well. I mean they have outperformed most of their peers," says Denney.

Anderson has done much hard work reshaping Northwest. He has cut $1.6 billion from Northwest's annual operating expenses, improved service and built a cash horde of about $3 billion. But there's more to do to ensure the airline's future success. Northwest wants to cut almost $1 billion more in annual labor expenses. That means the difficult task of getting union members to accept painful choices like pay cuts, reduced vacation, more expensive health insurance, and possibly layoffs.

(hope this helps from an article by Bill Catlin,Minnesota Public Radio Oct 6,2004)

One VP " suggested" the biggest reason he left was he was against the plan for AMFA

flyingcat

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:39 am

In the older thread it is mentioned that most of the labor groups got along with him very well.

Is this true? I'd hate for Anderson to be the one that destroys employee morale?

Time for all NW pilots, ramp, CS, admin,FAs,ops, and MX people to tell your tale of anderson.

pa201

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:42 am

If true, think it's a great move on the part of DL. Don't know Whitehurst or Bastian very well, so no reflection on them or their capabilities, all I know is that Anderson was one of sharpest guys in the business when he ran NW. He's exactly what DL needs in that repect. On the other hand, why he's leaving the relative calm and normalcy of the insurance business and the good money he's making there, and jumping back into this insane industry is another question all together.

Let's wait to see if it really happens.

floridaflyboy

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:42 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 11):
Wrong person. That was John Dasburg who is now chairman/CEO at DHL.

Correct that it was Dasburg, but he is NOT CEO at DHL. He is the CEO or Astar Air Cargo, an ACMI carrier for DHL.
Good goes around!

okie73

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:43 am

Quoting ATLAaron (Reply 5):
I'm not sure why but I just feel bad for Whitehurst and Bastain. I would leave if I were them, they saved DL and now this.

with all due respect, Mr. Grinstein saved Delta. Having said that, if anyone other than him deserves the credit for turning Delta around, its Glen Hauenstein and Bob Cortelyou.

Quoting Panamair (Reply 10):
CFOs in general almost never make good CEOs. COOs are possible but I think that Whitehurst's lack of "seasoning" (for lack of a better word) is ultimately what cost him the job....if this decision was being made say 3-4 years from now, Whitehurst could very well have ended up getting the job

I think you are right. A few years from now and Whitehurst would have the job. Maybe a few years from now Whitehurst will have the job. I still think he will be the CEO of Delta in the future.

Both Mr. Whitehurst and Mr. Bastion are very valuable people to the Delta machine. Frankly I think naming someone from the outside gives Delta the best chance of retaining both Whitehurst and Bastion. Name one CEO and the other is sure to leave. Leave them both out, and give them both hope they have a shot in the future, and you may well retain them both.

paladin87

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:44 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 8):
He was the CEO at NW when times were good, thats for sure

He didn't become CEO until 2001. I wouldn't call that a good time.

Jano

RE: Delta Expected To Name Richard Anderson As New

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:45 am

Anderson left a few weeks after NWA was accepted into SkyTeam, which was mid Sep 2004.

Per http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/newsc/2004/pr100120041501.html

Northwest Airlines Names Doug Steenland Chief Executive Officer

Current CEO Anderson Resigns to Join UnitedHealth Grouptm

EAGAN, MINN. – (October 1, 2004) – Northwest Airlines Corporation (NASDAQ: NWAC) today announced that its board of directors has elected Douglas M. Steenland, age 53, Northwest’s current president, to the additional position of chief executive officer, effective immediately.

Richard H. Anderson, age 49, who has been chief executive officer since 2001, has informed the board that he will become executive vice president of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) on November 1.

Anderson will remain on the Northwest board.

“For the past three years, Doug Steenland and Richard Anderson have led this company through the most difficult period in the history of the airline industry,” said Gary L. Wilson, Northwest’s chairman. “Together, they set the strategic direction of the company, which has positioned Northwest as the strongest of the legacy carriers. They developed and implemented a strategy which has produced superior operating performance, aggressive cost containment, and prudent long-term investments in the business. They also put together a first-rate management team which is well prepared to continue to drive this strategy.”

He did a good job at NWA. However he did not get enough concessions from the labor for NWA to avoid filling for Ch11 almost exactly one year later in mid Sep 2005.
The Widget Air Line :)

deltaffindfw

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:49 am

http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/21/news...a/index.htm?postversion=2007082114

Delta reportedly finds new CEO
The airline company will name Richard Anderson as its new chief executive after the closing bell, a newspaper reports.
August 21 2007: 2:40 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Delta Air Lines will name Richard Anderson as its new chief executive on Tuesday, people familiar with the situation told the Wall Street Journal.

Anderson would replace Delta's current CEO Gerald Grinstein, who said he would retire after leading the airline through bankruptcy proceedings, the paper reported.

The company is expected to announced Anderson as its new CEO after the close of financial markets Tuesday, the Journal said.

flyingcat

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:50 am

oops double post

my bad

[Edited 2007-08-21 20:51:18]

andz

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:50 am

Damn... I thought it was THIS Richard (Dean) Anderson... maybe MacGyver could turn the airline round  Smile

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

LAXintl

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:53 am

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 16):
Correct that it was Dasburg, but he is NOT CEO at DHL. He is the CEO or Astar Air Cargo, an ACMI carrier for DHL.

John Dasburg Leaves Burger King for DHL Airways
As expected, John Dasburg resigned last week as Chairman of Burger King Corp. He has accepted the positions of chairman and CEO at cargo carrier DHL Airways.

http://promomagazine.com/news/marketing_john_dasburg_leaves/

Dasburg took part in a management buyout and formed Astar in 2003.

floridaflyboy

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:55 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 23):
John Dasburg Leaves Burger King for DHL Airways
As expected, John Dasburg resigned last week as Chairman of Burger King Corp. He has accepted the positions of chairman and CEO at cargo carrier DHL Airways.
http://promomagazine.com/news/market...aves/

Yes, DHL AIRWAYS, not DHL. DHL Airways was still just the name of an ACMI carrier here in the United States, not even wholly owned by DHL. And your comment was that he is NOW chairman/CEO of DHL, when in fact, he is now chairman/CEO of Astar Cargo. The DHL thing is crazy complicated.
Good goes around!

AirframeAS

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:58 am

Quoting Paladin87 (Reply 18):
He didn't become CEO until 2001. I wouldn't call that a good time.

Off topic but who was the CEO for NWA in the mid-1990's? I forgot, obviously...
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

Delta787

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:01 am

Anderson will be a good CEO. He has former airline industry experience which is a plus.
Fly Delta!

LAXintl

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:10 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 25):
Off topic but who was the CEO for NWA in the mid-1990's? I forgot, obviously...

My former neighboor Alfreed Checchi was Chairman during the 90s when he took the company private.

paladin87

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:13 am

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 24):
when in fact, he is now chairman/CEO of Astar Cargo. The DHL thing is crazy complicated.

Maybe this will clear things up

DHL Airways today announced that the Miami-based cargo airline is launching a re-branding program, and changing its name to ASTAR (pronounced A-Star) AIR CARGO, INC. The re-branding will commence immediately and the name change will become effective upon completion of the acquisition of DHL Airways by a U.S. investor group led by Chairman and CEO John Dasburg. In the coming months, the charter cargo airline ...

(from the business wire dated May 27th 2003)

flydreamliner

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:17 am

Quoting Micstatic (Reply 2):
Does anybody know if this guy did a good job at NW?

He did pretty well. The airline managed to do okay under his leadership. It was much nicer to fly on then, but that's neither here nor there.

Quoting Flyingcat (Reply 14):
Is this true? I'd hate for Anderson to be the one that destroys employee morale?

Perhaps this is just my perception as an outsider, I never ever heard near the amount of negativity towards Anderson I've heard in the past couple of years towards Steenland.

Quoting Delta787 (Reply 26):
Anderson will be a good CEO. He has former airline industry experience which is a plus.

If anyone has followed the stock price at United Health, Anderson left for the bigger money, and if he has had anything to do with the succes at United Health, I'd say he'd be a great guy to lead anywhere. He did a decent job at NW and was even criticized for not being hard line enough in some situations. Steenland was brought in as the butcher. Anderson did a gdecent enough job from the point of view of an outside observer. I think he'll do well for Delta.
"Let the world change you, and you can change the world"

floridaflyboy

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:19 am

Quoting Paladin87 (Reply 28):
Maybe this will clear things up

DHL Airways today announced that the Miami-based cargo airline is launching a re-branding program, and changing its name to ASTAR (pronounced A-Star) AIR CARGO, INC. The re-branding will commence immediately and the name change will become effective upon completion of the acquisition of DHL Airways by a U.S. investor group led by Chairman and CEO John Dasburg. In the coming months, the charter cargo airline ...

Thank you. That is exactly what I was trying to say, and not doing a very good job of  Smile
Good goes around!

DL787932ER

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:24 am

According to the AJC article, once Anderson takes over as CEO, Bastian will be promoted to President and Whitehurst will leave. This is a huge disappointment for DL.
F L Y D E L T A J E T S

positiverate

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:26 am

It's a big, big mistake. Going outside the company sends a horrible message to the employees (namely that the board thinks the business plan isn’t good), as well as to shareholders. Plus, this guy wasn't exactly lights out at Northwest.

paladin87

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:26 am

Quoting FlyDreamliner (Reply 29):
Perhaps this is just my perception as an outsider, I never ever heard near the amount of negativity towards Anderson I've heard in the past couple of years towards Steenland.

I doubt you will. It has been downhill since he left, especially morale. And when that goes unfornuately customer service tends to follow. DL should do well.

positiverate

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:28 am

Quoting DL787932ER (Reply 31):
According to the AJC article, once Anderson takes over as CEO, Bastian will be promoted to President and Whitehurst will leave. This is a huge disappointment for DL.

to quote specifically from http://www.ajc.com/business/content/....html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

"According to the Garlington Report, Whitehurst, a personable 39-year-old popular with many employees, will resign immediately. The web site is run by Jeremy C. Garlington, a branding consultant."

atlaaron

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:34 am

Whitehurst will leave.

That is truly a shame.

Ok so back to the rumor mill, does this honestly pave the way for a NW/DL merger?

flydreamliner

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:34 am

Quoting Positiverate (Reply 32):
It's a big, big mistake. Going outside the company sends a horrible message to the employees (namely that the board thinks the business plan isn’t good), as well as to shareholders. Plus, this guy wasn't exactly lights out at Northwest.

He left NW on his own terms. NW was doing better under him than since he left. He was an able executive. It's fairly common to bring in outsiders for lots of reasons, especially to avoid issues of politics within the company, elevating an insider is usually tricky, someone from the outside is a lot cleaner.

Quoting Positiverate (Reply 34):
"According to the Garlington Report, Whitehurst, a personable 39-year-old popular with many employees, will resign immediately. The web site is run by Jeremy C. Garlington, a branding consultant."

The loss of Whitehurst is definitely a loss for the company. It's unfortunate to see him go.
"Let the world change you, and you can change the world"

Alitalia744

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:35 am

Very sad day for DL if Whitehurst leaves. He was trusted by employees through and through.

It's in the AJC and the "Garlington Report"
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

Delta4eva

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:35 am

Quoting Positiverate (Reply 34):
According to the Garlington Report, Whitehurst, a personable 39-year-old popular with many employees, will resign immediately. The web site is run by Jeremy C. Garlington, a branding consultant."

This is a sad day for Delta....unfortunately, the board seems to know nothing about what is best for DL, they are only concerned with what is best for the shareholders.
FLY DELTA JETS

jetlanta

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:36 am

Quoting Positiverate (Reply 32):
It's a big, big mistake. Going outside the company sends a horrible message to the employees (namely that the board thinks the business plan isn�t good), as well as to shareholders. Plus, this guy wasn't exactly lights out at Northwest.

Give him a chance. Seems like one of NWA's better managers. Respected by labor at NWA says a LOT.

Plus, DL could use some of NW's feistiness when it comes to competitors.

I'm disappointed the Jim is going too. But the current management bench is strong and I doubt wholesale changes will be made.

Anderson is a good choice when you look down the road at consolidation issues.

DeltaGuy

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:38 am

Quoting Okie73 (Reply 17):
with all due respect, Mr. Grinstein saved Delta.

Bullshit- he managed to save DL by milking employees dry. We can thank the employees who worked their arses off, only to recieve their much-smaller paystubs each week. It's always management who is hailed as the saviours of a company, why not look at the employees that made it happen? (Not being hostile to you Okie  Smile)

I'm not too fond of one of NW's crew coming over to muck up the operation, but like Delta787 said, he has airline experience...unlike what DL was thinking several years ago when they hired this idiot to run the show:

If anyone gets a chance, read "Airline Without A Pilot". It very clearly explains why Delta got so screwed up in the past decade. Excellent, excellent book.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

Delta787

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:46 am

Quoting Delta4eva (Reply 38):
This is a sad day for Delta....unfortunately, the board seems to know nothing about what is best for DL, they are only concerned with what is best for the shareholders.

As they should be. Delta, as a company is supposed to bring value and money to its shareholders.
Fly Delta!

ord

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:00 am

Quoting DeltaGuy (Reply 40):
If anyone gets a chance, read "Airline Without A Pilot". It very clearly explains why Delta got so screwed up in the past decade. Excellent, excellent book.

Not to get off topic, but since you brought up this book it should be pointed out that it lacks hard evidence to many of the author's claims. When a respected travel journalist wanted to write a review indicating such, the author practically threatened a lawsuit:

http://www.thetravelinsider.com/bookreviews/airlinewithoutapilot.htm

The book is a sham.

positiverate

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:06 am

Its official:

Delta Air Lines Board of Directors Names Richard Anderson
to Lead Airline into New Era

Newly appointed CEO ready to join Delta people in positioning airline as undisputed leader in customer service, operational performance and financial strength

Board also names Ed Bastian as president and CFO

ATLANTA, Aug. 21, 2007 – The Board of Directors of Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) today announced it has elected Richard H. Anderson to serve as the company’s chief executive officer, succeeding retiring CEO Gerald Grinstein. Anderson brings a unique depth of experience to the position, having served in top jobs for several major U.S. corporations, including executive vice president of UnitedHealth Group; chief executive officer of Northwest Airlines; staff vice president and deputy general counsel at Continental Airlines; and most recently as a member of Delta’s Board of Directors. Anderson will become CEO effective Sept. 1.
“After a thorough search, the Board concluded that Richard Anderson possesses the right blend of seasoned leadership, strategic skills, international experience and airline knowledge the company needs to navigate the industry’s challenges and capitalize on its opportunities,” said Daniel A. Carp, chairman of Delta’s Board of Directors. “Well-qualified with a proven track record in this highly competitive industry, Richard has a demonstrated ability to master the competitive pressures of today’s marketplace with innovation and an unwavering focus on the customer. He brings complementary strengths to Delta’s highly talented leadership team and high admiration for the people of Delta and their recent success in restructuring to become a fiercely competitive airline.”
Anderson, age 52, has nearly 20 years of airline industry experience and will become the eighth CEO in Delta’s 78-year history.
“Delta people have made amazing accomplishments and have a passion for customer service that is renowned in the industry. I am honored to accept the challenge of leading this legendary company into a future that holds great promise,” Anderson said. “With a solid strategy in place that provides a dynamic platform for future growth and success, I look forward to working side by side with Delta professionals to make Delta an undisputed leader in customer service, operational performance and financial strength and stability.
“In the coming weeks, I will spend the majority of my time listening to Delta people to learn how we can further improve the customer experience and position our company as an even better place to work. Backed by award-winning products and services, Delta has great things in store for its customers and I am eager to support the commitment of our 48,000 dedicated professionals worldwide to remaining the airline of choice for our customers,” Anderson stated.

With Anderson’s appointment, Gerald Grinstein, 75, will retire from his position as CEO and a member of the Board of Directors effective Sept. 1, concluding his distinguished 20-year tenure as a Delta director.
“It has been a privilege to serve this company and the greatest people in the industry,” Grinstein said. “I have known Richard for a long time. He is a ferocious competitor, thoroughly knowledgeable about airline operations, and understands the link between passenger satisfaction and living up to our service commitments. He has an extensive background in the Far East and Asia, which are among Delta’s next growth opportunities. Richard’s sound judgment and professionalism make him a great addition to Delta’s battle-tested leadership team.”
In addition to Anderson’s appointment, the Board of Directors also announced that Chief Financial Officer Edward H. Bastian will be promoted to President and Chief Financial Officer, reporting to Anderson.
“Richard Anderson is a true professional with a proven track record,” Bastian said. “I am looking forward to working with Richard as we position our company for an even stronger future.”
Anderson brings to Delta extensive leadership experience at the most senior levels in the aviation industry as well as in other corporations. Most recently, Anderson served as executive vice president of UnitedHealth Group and president of UnitedHealth’s Commercial Markets Group. Prior to joining UnitedHealth in 2004, he had a 14-year career at Northwest Airlines where he served as vice president and deputy general counsel; senior vice president of Technical Operations and Airport Affairs; executive vice president and chief operating officer; and as chief executive officer from 2001 to 2004. Prior to joining Northwest in 1990, Anderson worked as in-house counsel for Continental Airlines, where he ultimately served as staff vice president and deputy general counsel. Anderson also serves as a member of the Board of Directors for Cargill Inc. and Medtronic Inc.
Anderson holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston and a Juris Doctor degree from South Texas College of Law. He and his wife, Susan, look forward to relocating to the Atlanta area this fall.
Delta Air Lines operates service to more destinations than any global airline with Delta and Delta Connection flights to 328 destinations in 56 countries. Since 2005, Delta has added more international capacity than all other major U.S. airlines combined and is a leader across the Atlantic with flights to 36 trans-Atlantic markets. To Latin America and the Caribbean, Delta offers more than 600 weekly flights to nearly 60 destinations. Delta's marketing alliances also allow customers to earn and redeem SkyMiles on nearly 15,000 flights offered by SkyTeam and other partners. Delta is a founding member of SkyTeam, a global airline alliance that provides customers with extensive worldwide destinations, flights and services. Including its SkyTeam and worldwide codeshare partners, Delta offers flights to 481 worldwide destinations in 105 countries. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes and check flight status at delta.com.

B-roll available
Additional information on Delta’s appointment of a new CEO – including audio and video clips of Richard Anderson and Gerald Grinstein – can be found at the newsroom at media.delta.com and via satellite at the following coordinates:

Feed date: Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2007
Feed time: 5-6 p.m. EDT
AMC 2 KU Digital
Transponder 3 Channel A9
9MHZ
Uplink 14046.5 Horizontal
Downlink 11746.5 Vertical
Carrier Access 1-877-358-2263

Forward-looking statement
Statements in this news release that are not historical facts, including statements regarding our estimates, expectations, beliefs, intentions, projections or strategies for the future, may be “forward-looking statements” as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the estimates, expectations, beliefs, intentions, projections and strategies reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the cost of aircraft fuel; the impact that our indebtedness will have on our financial and operating activities and our ability to incur additional debt; the restrictions that financial covenants in our financing agreements will have on our financial and business operations; labor issues; interruptions or disruptions in service at one of our hub airports; our increasing dependence on technology in our operations; our ability to retain management and key employees; the ability of our credit card processors to take significant holdbacks in certain circumstances; the effects of terrorist attacks; and competitive conditions in the airline industry. Additional information concerning risks and uncertainties that could cause differences between actual results and forward-looking statements is contained in Delta’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2006 and its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarterly period ended June 30, 2007. Caution should be taken not to place undue reliance on Delta’s forward-looking statements, which represent Delta’s views only as of Aug. 21, 2007, and which Delta has no current intention to update.

tu154m

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:09 am

Obviously everyone at the big D has forgotten already what happened over the last 3 yrs...................they are spending $$$ like crazy on STUPID stuff(baby puke yellow paint for the flt attendant lounge) and now this............whatever. I'm sick of concerning myself with the airlines, all it does is cause stress of which we(the little worker bees) can do nothing about. We will continue to have sub-par careers while others(management) get rich off our hard work and dedication. Happy flying.............
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!

Junction

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:13 am

Quoting Okie73 (Reply 17):
if anyone other than him deserves the credit for turning Delta around, its Glen Hauenstein and Bob Cortelyou.

Wow! I'm surprised someone else on here knows how much control these two guys have.

positiverate

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:13 am

Quoting Tu154m (Reply 44):
Obviously everyone at the big D has forgotten already what happened over the last 3 yrs...................they are spending $$$ like crazy on STUPID stuff(baby puke yellow paint for the flt attendant lounge) and now this............whatever. I'm sick of concerning myself with the airlines, all it does is cause stress of which we(the little worker bees) can do nothing about. We will continue to have sub-par careers while others(management) get rich off our hard work and dedication. Happy flying.............

I guess that's the "glass half empty" approach?  pessimist 

micstatic

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:15 am

We will continue to have sub-par careers while others(management) get rich off our hard work and dedication. Happy flying.........

I don't know how I feel about the move either, but maybe you should change careers to management?
S340,DH8,AT7,CR2/7,E135/45/170/190,319,320,717,732,733,734,735,737,738,744,752,762,763,764,772,M80,M90

TWFirst

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:20 am

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 7):

Well Bitter Betty has checked in with her two cents.....

Perhaps furthering your education might advance your "sub-par career"??
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

panamair

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:25 am

Quoting Delta4eva (Reply 38):
unfortunately, the board seems to know nothing about what is best for DL, they are only concerned with what is best for the shareholders.

What? You do know that most DL employees are shareholders as well, don't you? BTW, the stock is up more than 10% right now....

Quoting Jetlanta (Reply 39):
But the current management bench is strong and I doubt wholesale changes will be made.

Yes, as long as Glen and Bob stick around....I think DL will be fine... Smile