cayman

Has AC Finalized Winter Sked To FLA & South?

Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:41 am

I was curious if AC has finalized their winter timetable to southern destinations, particulalry Florida? I notice searching their reservations sytem, for example, for December they currently show only 1x daily flight YYZ PBI, whereas in previous years this route has seen more frequency. Same holds true for FLL and MCO. I even checked YYZ MIA which was showing only 1x daily dep in an E90--that would be a huge change from previous years when in winter months MIA frequency from YYZ is up to 4 or 5x daily and some flights operated with 763s. I can't imagine that traffic has dropped on Canada FLA such that they would reduce frequency? if anything I would think traffic is up, with Cdn dollar up and record number of air pax traveling.

Anyway could it be that the additional frequencies are not yet loaded into system?

cayman

RE: Has AC Finalized Winter Sked To FLA & South?

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:32 am

Following up my own question, the AC call centre claims this is the final winter schedule. I am surprised this has not been discussed as it represents a major reduction in capacity.

I wonder if WS will pick up the slack?

flyb

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:54 am

Air Canada's sked for this winter is pretty flat in growth. YOW benefited the best. Other cities just saw domestic growth mainly over last year.

cayman

Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:02 am

Quoting Flyb (Reply 2):
Air Canada's sked for this winter is pretty flat in growth. YOW benefited the best. Other cities just saw domestic growth mainly over last year.

Understood but at least what is showing up currently in sked for YYz to FLA is not flat growth but a drastic reduction, whihc seems odd. they are showing 1x daily E90 YYZ MIA for example in peak winter months, 1x daily 320 to FLL and 1x daily YYz PBI---those are all marked reductions. FLL has been as high as 4x daily winter frequencies, 2x or 3 daily PBI and 3 or 4x daily MIA.

Perhaps AC is ceding the FLA market to WS?

flyb

Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:35 am

doesn't make since, especially with the strong CDN dollar. But then again, they are increasing there efforts outside of the YYZ / FL market. Guess they go were the money is.