ke086

New Korean Air Commercial (Looks Very Professional

Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:19 am

This is the new Korean Air Commercial. I Think that is looks very professional, although it kind of reminds me of Cathy Pacific commercials i think that this is one of the best out there showing what Korean Air is capable of doing... Please share your thoughts and comments.... Here is the video

Enjoy
KE THE ONLY WAY TO FLY

premobrimo

RE: New Korean Air Commercial (Looks Very Professional

Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:21 am

I like it. It plays all the time on CNN.
Now You're Flying Smart.

LHboyatDTW

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:12 am

It is good. Looks very classy.

Now come here already, KE.
The air in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious because it's the same the angels breathe.

ozglobal

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:08 am

Now I'll just wait for ten more years free of wide body hull losses before flying them.
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

PanAm747

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:23 am

Wait a minute...was that a commercial for Korean Air or Calvin Klein's "Obsession"?

"...forgive me..."  rotfl 

And a surprisingly large number of non-Koreans in the ad, so I'm assuming this is targetted at the international market (which is fine), but what is it trying to sell? Frequency? Premium cabin service? Destinations? Value?

It's visually appealling, but I don't get what it's trying to do.

My  twocents 
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

NoUFO

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:40 am

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 4):
but what is it trying to sell

A feeling or an identity. You are supposed to link "prestige" and "premium" with Korean Air.
 bigmouth 
I support the right to arm bears

fly2yyz

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:18 am

Quoting OzGlobal (Reply 3):
Now I'll just wait for ten more years free of wide body hull losses before flying them.

I guess then with that in mind.. I guess Air France would be off your list too.

tennis69

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:58 pm

I've flown with KE 44 times and will be flying again with them in 3 weeks. I can't wait.

LAXdude1023

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:03 am

Reminds me of perfume commercials. They should have put more Korean women in there. Korean women are hot!!!
It is what it is...

717-200

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:55 am

Very classy ad. Makes most airline adverts here in the states look very hokey, if not pandering to the lowest common denominator!
72S 733 734 735 73G 738 742 752 763 E190 M82 M83

ozglobal

Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:30 am

Quoting Fly2YYZ (Reply 6):

I guess then with that in mind.. I guess Air France would be off your list too.

Air France, though not my no 1 airline, remains on my fly list from a safety standpoint. In the period since 1980, KE has lost 710 passengers due to 11 crashes, most due to PILOT ERROR. Air France has lost 114 passengers, 109 in the Concorde, all of these due to external circumstances and not pilot error. Plus they fly many more seat miles than KE. Therefore, KE in my book remains a relatively dangerous option.

SkyyMaster

Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:35 am

What a stupid comment.

ozglobal

RE: New Korean Air Commercial (Looks Very Professi

Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:49 am

Quoting SkyyMaster (Reply 11):

What a stupid comment.

Read this and then decide for yourself:

http://www.airdisaster.com/cgi-bin/a...etail.cgi?airline=Korean+Air+Lines

...but we were both entitled to our opinion on this forum last time I checked, mister.

Baexecutive

Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:52 am

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 8):
Reminds me of perfume commercials.

I agree.....so 1990s

Quoting 717-200 (Reply 9):
most airline adverts here in the states look very hokey, if not pandering to the lowest common denominator!

Thats because travelling on airlines in the US are about as classy as a trip down the road on a bus lol

* Old 'hags' as flight attendants
* Service that is comparable to European Charter airlines
* Usually sat next to trailer trash or some blimp

kalakaua

Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:58 am

That was sooooooo boring. It turned me off.
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

SkyyMaster

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:49 am

Quoting OzGlobal (Reply 12):
...but we were both entitled to our opinion on this forum last time I checked, mister.

Which is what led me to say what I did, thanks.

YLWbased

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:51 am

i still like the CX one better.

Hong Kong is not China. Not better or worse, just different.

KLMA330

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:17 am

I agree with the above. with cathay, you know what the commercial is about right away.

with Korean, I lost interest cause I thought it was another ad for some god awful perfume.

kalakaua

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:59 am

Quoting YLWbased (Reply 16):
i still like the CX one better.

I like these commercials better, and they represent Hong Kong.

I like this particular MAS commercial... Pretty old. But that's classy.
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

JTR

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:27 pm

I just saw it on CNN and I have to say I was impressed. It really stands out from the usual crAAp that gets played in the DFW market.

SkyyMaster

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:45 pm

Quoting OzGlobal (Reply 10):
KE in my book remains a relatively dangerous option.

Yes, at one time KE did have an abysmal safety record. However, and being from France you should know this, KE's entry into Skyteam (of which we all know is AF's alliance of choice) was contingent on them meeting very stringent requirements. They revamped their maintenance procedures, pilot training, and inspection procedures. Had they not done this, the Skyteam members, AF inclusive, would not have allowed Korean into the alliance. The link you provide is accurate, yet you fail to point out the last fatal incident KE had was eight years ago. AF has had at least one fatal (Concorde) and one near disastrous incident (YYZ) since then. So for you to state KE is still dangerous is merely nothing more than an opinion on your part. I've flown KE ATL-ICN-ATL twice in the last year, and their past problems never entered my mind, and they were totally professional. You certainly have the right to fly your airline of choice, but if you are going to post links, present both sides of the story.

OA260

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:48 pm

Brilliant Ad, I was watching CNN last night and it worked because I noticed it and it made me think. Very different for a KE ad.

bigthumbsup 

swissgabe

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:07 am

Quoting KE086 (Thread starter):
Please share your thoughts and comments....

I think thats a part of their 20 million USD ad campaign which has just been started to promote their Business Class.

Guys, this should be a discussion about their ad, not the KE safety standard or what ever.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

ozglobal

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:25 am

Quoting SkyyMaster (Reply 20):
KE in my book remains a relatively dangerous option.

Yes, at one time KE did have an abysmal safety record. However, and being from France you should know this, KE's entry into Skyteam (of which we all know is AF's alliance of choice) was contingent on them meeting very stringent requirements. They revamped their maintenance procedures, pilot training, and inspection procedures. Had they not done this, the Skyteam members, AF inclusive, would not have allowed Korean into the alliance. The link you provide is accurate, yet you fail to point out the last fatal incident KE had was eight years ago. AF has had at least one fatal (Concorde) and one near disastrous incident (YYZ) since then. So for you to state KE is still dangerous is merely nothing more than an opinion on your part. I've flown KE ATL-ICN-ATL twice in the last year, and their past problems never entered my mind, and they were totally professional. You certainly have the right to fly your airline of choice, but if you are going to post links, present both sides of the story.

SkyyMaster,

You show the common error of judgment in assuming that by someone's flag of residence you know their nationality and their preferences. Who said I prefer to, or even fly AF? You. Who said I was pushing for AF's safety credentials? You. What both sides? I never spoke of AF except in response to you. I simply provide my opinion, some stats and a link and the fact that pilot error was to blame in most KE incidents (an important piece of information). Very fair behaviour. You however can't seem to get over a French flag and make my opinion about that. I'm not French. Take my opinion on its merits (well documented) and don't blame me for not constructing arguments I never introduced.

Ryanair!!!

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:23 am

Taking into acct how much KE has improved over the last decade in their safety and maintenance procedures, this comment is really baseless and uncalled for.
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

hoons90

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:26 pm

Air France, though not my no 1 airline, remains on my fly list from a safety standpoint. In the period since 1980, KE has lost 710 passengers due to 11 crashes, most due to PILOT ERROR. Air France has lost 114 passengers, 109 in the Concorde, all of these due to external circumstances and not pilot error. Plus they fly many more seat miles than KE. Therefore, KE in my book remains a relatively dangerous option.

What convinces you that KE still remains unsafe, though? Do you know something that we don't? Do you honestly believe that past records from nearly 10 years ago is still indicative of KE's current safety standards? I can understand if you cannot fathom the true extent of the changes that were made at KE, because, what they have pulled off in the past few years is simply amazing.

Anyone flying on KE soon, for the first time? Prepare to be thoroughly impressed.
The biggest mistake made by most human beings: Listening to only half, understanding just a quarter and telling double.

SR 103

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:55 pm

You know what, don't bother flying them. Korean Air has made tremendous strides over the last couple of years in terms of CRM training. If you don't want to fly them, the only person losing out is you, not Korean Air!

Quoting Hoons90 (Reply 25):
Anyone flying on KE soon, for the first time? Prepare to be thoroughly impressed.

Korean Air Business: Excellence In Flight? (pics)

SR 103

SkyyMaster

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 pm

Quoting OzGlobal (Reply 23):
I'm not French

My apologies if I made assumptions on your nationality. It was certainly meant as no means of disrespect to the French. I happen to respect the people and nation very much, unlike many Americans. You yourself however are also guilty of making false assumptions in that KE is currently an unsafe airline based on past incidents. I think your original comment about KE was arrogant and uncalled for. If every person avoided every airline that had any type of "incident", there would not be very many people OR airlines flying.

gongjumily

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:53 pm

First of all, in regards to the safety records and SkyTeam and Air France,
Korean Air is the FOUNDING member of SkyTeam with Air France, Delta and AeroMexico.
By that point (the year 2000), we can safely assume that all of the partners were satisfied with Korean Air's safety records and operations, so I state that none of the member airlines of the founding SkyTeam had ANY doubts about Korean Air.
There is no issue of 'allowing' Korean Air to join BECAUSE Korean Air was one of the main reasons Delta and Air France came together.
(FYI Korean Air was on excellent relations with Delta and Air France, which continues today. The same can't be 100% true for the relations between Delta and Air France, dont you think??)

Second,
comparing this ad to Cathy Pacific? is stupider than the cathay ad itself.
The whole point of Korean Air's new ad is to break the barriers of what an airline ad should be like. The very opposite of what Cathay's ad is. The Cathay ad is so typical of the airline ad that you can stick any airplane in it and it wouldn't make a difference.
I think the purpose of this ad is for korean air to make the difference between airlines like cathay and singapore and position itself as a global airline, rather than based on its asian characteristics. people fly airlines because of quality, not for country of origin.
i believe its trying to tell the market, in case for me, the US market, that Korean Air is an enticing or at least exciting choice next time i fly out to asia or whatever destinations.

717-200

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:16 pm

Quoting Baexecutive (Reply 13):
Thats because travelling on airlines in the US are about as classy as a trip down the road on a bus lol

* Old 'hags' as flight attendants
* Service that is comparable to European Charter airlines
* Usually sat next to trailer trash or some blimp

Now I know why I like to drink when I travel on airlines here in the US!
72S 733 734 735 73G 738 742 752 763 E190 M82 M83

OO-VEG

Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:27 am

The Korean Air ad looks like a perfume commercial indeed. It has a bit of a classy athmosphere though but it doesn''t really relate to aviation though.

I haven't flown Korean Air but I did see their ground service on ICN when I flew with AF. I was really satisfied with the service they offered, relaxed, friendly and of high quality. I certainly want to try out flying with them.

Instead of classy KLM tries to do it funny (the end slogan is Dutch for "Welcome Home")

and the good old Swan commercials:

YLWbased

Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:22 am

Quoting Gongjumily (Reply 28):
Second,
comparing this ad to Cathy Pacific? is stupider than the cathay ad itself.
The whole point of Korean Air's new ad is to break the barriers of what an airline ad should be like. The very opposite of what Cathay's ad is. The Cathay ad is so typical of the airline ad that you can stick any airplane in it and it wouldn't make a difference.
I think the purpose of this ad is for korean air to make the difference between airlines like cathay and singapore and position itself as a global airline, rather than based on its asian characteristics. people fly airlines because of quality, not for country of origin.
i believe its trying to tell the market, in case for me, the US market, that Korean Air is an enticing or at least exciting choice next time i fly out to asia or whatever destinations.

I totally disagree with you on this. Have u even watched the "is the little thing we remeber" ads by CX? you are missing out a lot bro, let me post some example of wt an "airline ad" that doesn't look like an "airline ad"
and by the way, after proofing you wrong, i just wanna tell u that i'm not stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEM0s0-wgrk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AlvXQ-vfQY

Hong Kong is not China. Not better or worse, just different.

malaysia

Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:50 pm

I flew KE this week from NRT-LAX, the service was excellent (old 777 Y class, but very good crew, especially the Japanese F/A who would try to sign to me and check on me often)
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

gongjumily

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:48 am

Quoting Malaysia (Reply 32):

FYI its 'proving' not 'proofing'
but i never said ur stupid.

back to what i said~
i said that korean air is just trying to send an image as a modern and sophisticated airline,
differentiating from ads just like the ones you posted.
CX ads are warm comfy yes yes~ but thats different from what ke is trying to say.
SO~ like i said. it's stupid to COMPARE two totally different ads with two different positionings.

in my point of view. stick in 'korea' instead of 'hong kong' and that could be a korean air ad.
because CX is not the only airline serving its hub for a long history of time.
korean air has been serving korea for 38 years too.