FATFlyer
Topic Author

Allegiant Announces Greensboro To FLL

Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:18 am

Just announced, Greensboro to FLL starting Nov 14.

The new flights will operate two times weekly, with service Wednesday and Saturday. Flights will depart the Piedmont Triad International Airport at 10:10 a.m. arriving in Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport at 12 p.m. Flights leaving Fort Lauderdale will depart at 7:45 a.m. arriving in Greensboro at 9:35 a.m. (all flight times are local.) The airline began service to Orlando and the Tampa Bay area May 24.
http://www.allegiantair.com/aaNews20070831a.php
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

JetBlueGuy2006

RE: Allegiant Announces Greensboro To FLL

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:04 am

I have absolutely no hope for Allegiant bringing new service to LAN, which really suprises me because the LF are great out of here, and a lot of people love there service and I think would embrace service to either or both FLL or PHX/IWA
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

delta767

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:06 am

Im surprised it is only twice a week...maybe they will grow eventually. It was mentioned elsewhere that Orlando was going to four times a week and Tampa three times a week. Hopefully, FLL loads will be good enough to match the increase...and hint at a LAS flight to management Smile

KarlB737

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:38 am

Quoting JetBlueGuy2006 (Reply 1):
have absolutely no hope for Allegiant bringing new service to LAN, which really suprises me because the LF are great out of here, and a lot of people love there service and I think would embrace service to either or both FLL or PHX/IWA

Was a poll or questionaire prepared to enlist input from the community as many other cities did? Many interested parties in some cities selected a brief on-line ballot where actual numbers of support for certain Allegiant flights were totaled.

What specific efforts did folks at Capital City Airport make to compete for these flight offerings?

This currently is on the front page of the RFD web site:

"We received over 2,100 "votes" for Phoenix on our blog page and over 1,400 for Fort Lauderdale. Over 300 people mailed us their "I Pledge Allegiant!" support form and 320 faxed in their support."

Allegiant liked that creative technique to win support. A representative from the airline said this:

Courtesy: Rockford Register Star

Rockford Airport Starts Campaign For Allegiant

"Allegiant spokeswoman Tyri Squyres said the airline doesn’t ever ask for revenue guarantees and instead is more interested in how many people would use the routes. She said Rockford’s idea is a great way to show that.

“The campaign that they launched today, it’s so outstanding, we’ve not seen any market do this before,” she said. “I can’t wait to see what people say.”

JetBlueGuy2006

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:43 am

Quoting KarlB737 (Reply 3):
Was a poll or questionaire prepared to enlist input from the community as many other cities did? Many interested parties in some cities selected a brief on-line ballot where actual numbers of support for certain Allegiant flights were totaled.

What specific efforts did folks at Capital City Airport make to compete for these flight offerings?

Notta, I dunno, it seems dumb that they didn't, but the management at the airport isn't too community related.

I was talking to a friend and he said he sent a complaint to CCA asking about the fares, and in return from the A.E., he got free parking coupons.

They should have set one up, as I am sure they would have gotten a lot of support, but it almost seems like current management has been there to long.

I am hoping in the next few months they will announce though
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)