vikinga346

US Airways Non-Rev Travel & Their 1-800 #

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:03 am

Hi Everyone,

I work for BA and recently called the US Airways Employee Travel 1-800 number to list myself on a flight later this month. The lady that answered the phone didn't ask me ANYTHING about what airline I work for, my staff #, NOTHING. I am just wondering how this works. I have never non-revved before. She gave me a confirmation number and I checked it on usairways.com and it seems like I'm listed on the flight.

My question is, do they check airline employee status at the airport prior to departure? They must, because this lady didn't ask me anything before she gave me a conf #. I tried to do the same thing at the airport and they told me I needed a US manager's approval because I am non-revving for duty travel. They didn't seem to need anything by calling the 1-800 #.

Thanks

Viking
...you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you shall return

DELTA777

RE: US Airways Non-Rev Travel & Their 1-800 #

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:13 am

When you check in, they will look at your BA emplyee badge/emp number and add that to your PNR.

pitops

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:16 am

Quoting Delta777 (Reply 1):
When you check in, they will look at your BA emplyee badge/emp number and add that to your PNR.

Exactly. We do the same with WN when US or other airline employees who can fly with us come up to the counter. We check their IDs and have them fill out a tiny form.
Ground Ops, Southwest Airlines, CMH

vikinga346

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:20 am

I was told that with BA, I cannot fly on US until 6 months after my initial joining date. How is this checked? Do US employees check the agreement that US/BA have and check my DOJ to see if I'm eligible for travel on them?

In this case, i'm flying for a training session on duty travel, so my manager gave me a letter with his signature. However, for personal travel, if I called the 1-800 number, listed myself on the flight and then showed up at the airport on the day of departure, how would they know?

Thanks,

Viking
...you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you shall return

tymnbalewne

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:35 am

Quoting VikingA346 (Reply 3):
In this case, i'm flying for a training session on duty travel, so my manager gave me a letter with his signature. However, for personal travel, if I called the 1-800 number, listed myself on the flight and then showed up at the airport on the day of departure, how would they know?

It's up to your airline (BA) to not issue you a personal travel ticket if you haven't been with them the proper length of time.
Dewmanair...begins with Dew

pitops

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:43 am

I was told that with BA, I cannot fly on US until 6 months after my initial joining date. How is this checked? Do US employees check the agreement that US/BA have and check my DOJ to see if I'm eligible for travel on them?

Thanks,

Viking

I believe you have to request the pass from your airline to fly on another am I correct?
Ground Ops, Southwest Airlines, CMH

Maverick623

Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:51 pm

I was told that with BA, I cannot fly on US until 6 months after my initial joining date.

[snip]

However, for personal travel, if I called the 1-800 number, listed myself on the flight and then showed up at the airport on the day of departure, how would they know?

Because they would ask for your ZED ticket. A ZED pass is purchased from your airline's ticket counter, and since BA (hopefully) knows your DOH, if you are under sixth months they wouldn't issue it, hence no flying. As a side note, as an employee for US, they print our DOH on the back of our company ID cards. Don't know how that works for BA.

Like you said, the only reason you'll be able to non-rev on US is because of a signed letter from your station manager stating it's for official business.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

OHLHD

Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:09 pm

Quoting Slovacek747 (Reply 7):
US Airways sucks.

Sincerely,
Slovacek747

Why Big grin because they don't put the staffnumber in the listing? Or just because?  Smile

Whenever I list somebody I do not ask for the staff number. Only at Check-In I check ( but only when we are full.)

Slovacek747

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:54 pm

No, I'm just trying to be honest though.

Slovacek747