EWRCabincrew
Topic Author

Continental On "Top Chef"

Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:33 pm

The September 12th episode of "Top Chef" will feature CO, some of its employees and Business/First.

I know a bit back they had a "casting call" in EWR. Should be interesting to see who made the cut and to waht capacity. My DVR is set for certain.
You can't cure stupid

smcmac32msn

RE: Continental On "Top Chef"

Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:04 pm

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Thread starter):
I know a bit back they had a "casting call" in EWR. Should be interesting to see who made the cut and to waht capacity. My DVR is set for certain.

I hear the NJDOT Roadkill Removal Team made the cut...  duck 
Hey Obama, keep the change! I want my dollar back.

bok269

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:22 pm

Cant wait to see it. Should be interesting.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

asuflyer05

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:41 pm

I wonder if they are being interviewed on how to prepare the always wonderful Chicken Sandwich with a Side Salad and Snickers Bar. And a cup of Ice with soda.  Big grin

UncleBuck

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:56 pm

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 3):
I wonder if they are being interviewed on how to prepare the always wonderful Chicken Sandwich with a Side Salad and Snickers Bar. And a cup of Ice with soda.

hey, don't hate the chicken sandwich and twix  Wink thats what keeps us reserves healthy  Silly

IAHFLYR

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:14 pm

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Thread starter):
Should be interesting to see who made the cut and to waht capacity

Did you sign up for and attend the casting, SIR?  Smile If not you should have.....that is the feeling from our seats!  Smile

Can't wait to see the show.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

aajfksjubklyn

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:59 pm

AA has chef's enclave for as long as I can remember for developement of 1st and Biz meals. They even had Doctor Vine for quite some time, since replaced by Mrs. Grapes...

Regardless of who cooks it..its made 2 months ago and flash frozen...heated in convection ovens!! Yucky!

typhaerion

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:10 pm

Top Chef seems to favor CO as they used them to get to Hawaii for the end of Season 2 as well. Seems even those who can afford anything value the wonderful service and great people CO has.  Wink

I think I will have to DVR this one as well. Anything that has to do with fine chef's reworking airplane food to something mostly edible and I am in.
For some, the sky is the limit. For us, it is only the beginning... -- Jack Hunt

IAHERJ

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:52 pm

As someone who eats BusinessFirst food for a living(EWR based B757/767 pilot), I can say that we do a great job. We just changed the menu again and the choices are great. I will miss the trans-atlantic crews and the food as I'm transferring to IAH to fly the 757/767 where most of my trips will be domestic. Nothing compares to working with the NTA flight attendants(EWRCabincrew included). I think the program picked a great airline for this piece.

IAHERJ
Actually flown: EMB-120 EMB-145 B717 B737 B757 B767

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos