pyh

Copterline Flies Again Helsinki-Tallinn

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:21 pm

According to Finnish economic newspaper Kauppalehti, Copterline starts flights again between Helsinki and Tallinn. For this traffic, they have ordered two Agusta AW139-helicopters. The flights were suspended after the accident when one of their helicopter crashed in Gulf of Finland near Tallinn.

Treg

RE: Copterline Flies Again Helsinki-Tallinn

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:06 pm

I wonder, how much they will finally receive from Sikorsky. What was their initial claim? 60M USD?

swiftski

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Good news; I had to take multiple Nordic JetLine trips while this was down. I was also there the week it happened; big shame.

andaman

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:38 pm

This was expected, the markets sure are there. I hope they will offer inexpensive last-minute tickets as they used to, I didn't have the chance to try this 20-minutes ride.

Treg, the case is not clear yet, but Sikorsky has already payed something to the families of the victims.

[Edited 2007-09-05 16:50:22]
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

Treg

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:38 am

Quoting Andaman (Reply 3):
Treg, the case is not clear yet, but Sikorsky has already payed something to the families of the victims.

Yes, I'm aware about the compensation to the families. But Copterline (as a company) did suffer as well and I am really curious about the outcome. Will Sikorsky try to settle or it goes to the full-scale trial. Most likely it takes many-many years, though.

andaman

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:44 am

Quoting Treg (Reply 4):

Yes, I'm aware about the compensation to the families. But Copterline (as a company) did suffer as well and I am really curious about the outcome. Will Sikorsky try to settle or it goes to the full-scale trial. Most likely it takes many-many years, though.

I read the Copterline v. Sikorsky trial goes on in NY, it will take a long for sure. New owners will start Copterline's service Helsinki-Tallinn early next year and a new terminal will be build in Helsinki.

[Edited 2007-09-05 19:46:16]
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

MHG

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:44 am

Seems we see a first then...

First AB/AW 139 on scheduled services !

I´m desperately waiting for this service to restart again.

Actually i´m trying to experience as many scheduled helicopter services as possible. I was just about to book corresponding flights to get to HEl/TLL when they stopped the flights...
I was already wondering what´s happening (or not) since all the time their website was still active.

So far i´ve experienced only: 1) ALIDAUNIA Agusta A109 between Foggia (FOG) and Isole Tremiti (TQR)
2) British International Sikorski S-61 N between Penzance (PZE) and St.Mary´s (ISC)

Still on my "to do" list are: Copterline (HEL-TLL)
HELIJET S-76 between Vancouver and Victoria Island
Helicopter Service A/S (S-61 if still used on that route) between Bodo (BOO) and Vaeroy (VRY)
Helisureste Bell 214 between Malta (MLA) and Gozo (GZM?)
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys