pyh

Copterline Flies Again Helsinki-Tallinn

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:21 pm

According to Finnish economic newspaper Kauppalehti, Copterline starts flights again between Helsinki and Tallinn. For this traffic, they have ordered two Agusta AW139-helicopters. The flights were suspended after the accident when one of their helicopter crashed in Gulf of Finland near Tallinn.

Treg

RE: Copterline Flies Again Helsinki-Tallinn

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:06 pm

I wonder, how much they will finally receive from Sikorsky. What was their initial claim? 60M USD?

swiftski

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Good news; I had to take multiple Nordic JetLine trips while this was down. I was also there the week it happened; big shame.

andaman

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:38 pm

This was expected, the markets sure are there. I hope they will offer inexpensive last-minute tickets as they used to, I didn't have the chance to try this 20-minutes ride.

Treg, the case is not clear yet, but Sikorsky has already payed something to the families of the victims.

[Edited 2007-09-05 16:50:22]
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

Treg

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:38 am

Quoting Andaman (Reply 3):
Treg, the case is not clear yet, but Sikorsky has already payed something to the families of the victims.

Yes, I'm aware about the compensation to the families. But Copterline (as a company) did suffer as well and I am really curious about the outcome. Will Sikorsky try to settle or it goes to the full-scale trial. Most likely it takes many-many years, though.

andaman

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:44 am

Quoting Treg (Reply 4):

Yes, I'm aware about the compensation to the families. But Copterline (as a company) did suffer as well and I am really curious about the outcome. Will Sikorsky try to settle or it goes to the full-scale trial. Most likely it takes many-many years, though.

I read the Copterline v. Sikorsky trial goes on in NY, it will take a long for sure. New owners will start Copterline's service Helsinki-Tallinn early next year and a new terminal will be build in Helsinki.

[Edited 2007-09-05 19:46:16]
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

MHG

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:44 am

Seems we see a first then...

First AB/AW 139 on scheduled services !

I´m desperately waiting for this service to restart again.

Actually i´m trying to experience as many scheduled helicopter services as possible. I was just about to book corresponding flights to get to HEl/TLL when they stopped the flights...
I was already wondering what´s happening (or not) since all the time their website was still active.

So far i´ve experienced only: 1) ALIDAUNIA Agusta A109 between Foggia (FOG) and Isole Tremiti (TQR)
2) British International Sikorski S-61 N between Penzance (PZE) and St.Mary´s (ISC)

Still on my "to do" list are: Copterline (HEL-TLL)
HELIJET S-76 between Vancouver and Victoria Island
Helicopter Service A/S (S-61 if still used on that route) between Bodo (BOO) and Vaeroy (VRY)
Helisureste Bell 214 between Malta (MLA) and Gozo (GZM?)
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos