Aleksandar
Topic Author

Airline Alliances And Indian Airlines

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:14 pm

With the dramatic growth of air traffic in India and expansion of their airlines, I was wondering does any of those airlines have plans to join some of the existing alliances? Are alliances interested in Air India, Jet Airways or Kingfisher Airlines?
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Nimish

RE: Airline Alliances And Indian Airlines

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:27 pm

AI - today announced firm plans (approved by the Govt of India - the owner of AI) to negotiate with *A and they hope to join them soon.

9W - Is hedging their bets (kind of like EK), though there were rumors/discussions about them being approached by *A as well! Traditionally they've been aligned to Skyteam (they've had a FFP relationship and through check facility with KL/NW for ages), but they've now signed up many FFP agreements with *A and code share/FFP with Oneworld.

IT - no news at all.
Incredible India!

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:33 pm

Quoting Nimish (Reply 1):

Thanks for the information. Somehow, I was wondering whether they will do the same as Emirates or "join forces" with somebody. As for alliances, I would be really surprised if they showed no interest in Indian airlnes.

Air India wanted to make a joint-venture with JAT and probably use Belgrade as some kind of mini-hub, but there are no news about it recently. Jet Airways is getting strong in BRU, so they all need some kind of partnership in Europe.

[Edited 2007-09-07 15:33:53]
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

NW748i

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:50 pm

Hail! to the victors valiant, Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes, Hail! Hail! to Michigan the leaders and best! Go Blue!

Nimish

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:21 pm

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 2):
Air India wanted to make a joint-venture with JAT and probably use Belgrade as some kind of mini-hub, but there are no news about it recently

That (JAT/BEG) plan has been officially dropped - AI's now thinking of MUC (all this news if from www.airliners-india.net BTW)...
Incredible India!

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:14 am

Quoting Nimish (Reply 4):
That (JAT/BEG) plan has been officially dropped - AI's now thinking of MUC (all this news if from www.airliners-india.net BTW)...

I didn't know that.  Sad Thanks for the link.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos