Aleksandar
Topic Author

Airline Alliances And Indian Airlines

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:14 pm

With the dramatic growth of air traffic in India and expansion of their airlines, I was wondering does any of those airlines have plans to join some of the existing alliances? Are alliances interested in Air India, Jet Airways or Kingfisher Airlines?
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Nimish

RE: Airline Alliances And Indian Airlines

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:27 pm

AI - today announced firm plans (approved by the Govt of India - the owner of AI) to negotiate with *A and they hope to join them soon.

9W - Is hedging their bets (kind of like EK), though there were rumors/discussions about them being approached by *A as well! Traditionally they've been aligned to Skyteam (they've had a FFP relationship and through check facility with KL/NW for ages), but they've now signed up many FFP agreements with *A and code share/FFP with Oneworld.

IT - no news at all.
Latest Trip Report - GoAir BLR-BOM-BLR

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:33 pm

Quoting Nimish (Reply 1):

Thanks for the information. Somehow, I was wondering whether they will do the same as Emirates or "join forces" with somebody. As for alliances, I would be really surprised if they showed no interest in Indian airlnes.

Air India wanted to make a joint-venture with JAT and probably use Belgrade as some kind of mini-hub, but there are no news about it recently. Jet Airways is getting strong in BRU, so they all need some kind of partnership in Europe.

[Edited 2007-09-07 15:33:53]
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

NW748i

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:50 pm

Hail! to the victors valiant, Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes, Hail! Hail! to Michigan the leaders and best! Go Blue!

Nimish

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:21 pm

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 2):
Air India wanted to make a joint-venture with JAT and probably use Belgrade as some kind of mini-hub, but there are no news about it recently

That (JAT/BEG) plan has been officially dropped - AI's now thinking of MUC (all this news if from www.airliners-india.net BTW)...
Latest Trip Report - GoAir BLR-BOM-BLR

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:14 am

Quoting Nimish (Reply 4):
That (JAT/BEG) plan has been officially dropped - AI's now thinking of MUC (all this news if from www.airliners-india.net BTW)...

I didn't know that.  Sad Thanks for the link.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T