Avianca
Topic Author

How Bad Is Tampa Cargo Colombia Doing?

Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:48 am

Hi all,

there are several rumors Tampa Cargo is nearly bankrupt.... well some days ago there was a letter from QT CEO that the news QT mayor share holder MP will sell the share-package is not true... etc...

In generally it looks not good for the airline, as it seems several interline-agreement airlines suspended to transport cargo from QT if not get money in cash....

has anyone more information about the situation of them.... ???

I hope QT will survive as they are a tradition in the Colombian and MIA cargo-market.

cheers
Avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

RICARIZA

RE: How Bad Is Tampa Cargo Colombia Doing?

Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:00 am

The only thing I heard (rumour) is that Avianca is in conversations with Martinair to see if they reach an agreement to purchase Tampa for Avianca-Cargo. It will make sense on why Avianca requested service for its cargo division with 767-200F (Same equipment of Tampa) but these are all speculations.

I heard also that Tampa is not in bad conditions but instead that it became unnecessary for Martinair...
I miss ACES, I am proud of AVIANCA & I am loyal to AMERICAN

airliner777

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:59 am

It looks like Tampa is recovering from a bad time.  Smile

LifelinerOne

Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:00 pm

With the proposed take over of Martinair by AF-KLM, TAMPA will be sold. However, the take over isn't approved yet by the European Commission. When the take happens, Martinair will shrink it's operations and will probably focus on long-haul charter traffic only. The freight operations will be absorbed in the AF-KLM group and it said that there is no room for TAMPA.

Cheers!  wave 
Only Those Who Sleep Don't Make Mistakes

danimarroquin

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:29 pm

well , I got something from a colombian webside >( sorry only in spanish )
http://www.virtualcol.com/leernoticia.php?id_noticia=353
it looks like LAN is also after tampa , and agrees with ricariza that it became unnecessary for Martinair..
I think is a great oportunity for AV to start AVIANCA cargo , and to become one of the best cargo operator

76er

Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:50 pm

The word here in the Low Countries is that Tampa has become a major bleeder for Martinair, and that this is the main reason they want to get rid of it. Without Tampa, MP would have turned a (small) profit for 2006..

With AF/KLM looking for a full takeover of MP especially because of its highly regarded cargo business it seems rather strange to me why they would give up al these very valuable traffic rights Tampa has.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos