AviationAddict
Topic Author

Need Help Tracking Down A Tail Number

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:29 am

Hey all, I flew on YX 211 from MKE to BOS on Sun. 9, 2007 and I was hoping to track down the tail number of the aircraft. Can someone help me find a way to do this? I've heard that the BTS website has this infor available, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Are there any other ways, short of calling the airline (I don't really care enough to bother an airline representative) to find the registration?

LASoctoberB6

RE: Need Help Tracking Down A Tail Number

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:31 am

whats the BTS website?
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

AviationAddict
Topic Author

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:32 am

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Reply 1):

Bureau of Transportation Statistics

LASoctoberB6

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:35 am

whats the URL?

The message you were about to post is too short and probably not of any higher value to the topic at hand. You should think long and hard before posting a message in this forum and make it detailed and a valuable addition to the topic discussed.

AviationAddict
Topic Author

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 am

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Reply 3):

It's not hard to find, if you type BTS into any search engine it'll pop right up. And seeing how it's my topic I think I can post whatever I want but, if you have a problem with that just ignore the topic, no one forced you to respond.

LASoctoberB6

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:57 am

Quoting AviationAddict (Reply 4):

It's not hard to find, if you type BTS into any search engine it'll pop right up. And seeing how it's my topic I think I can post whatever I want but, if you have a problem with that just ignore the topic, no one forced you to respond.

lol, do you really think i would take the time to make that nice long post about irrelevant posts? no, it was only to take up space so as not to seem like i was spamming the threads. thanks for search engine thing..  Smile

scrubbsywg

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:49 am

Quoting AviationAddict (Reply 4):

calm down, that's the website putting that part about "the message you were about to..." into his message. It is put in when the post is too short.

phlstudent

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:51 am

I have it book marked..

http://www.bts.gov/cgi-bin/ntda/oai/....PL?DetSta=DepSta&FirLevSel=DetSta

It takes 2-3 months for it to be posted so you will have to be patient

swiftski

Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:40 am

Quoting AviationAddict (Thread starter):
Sun. 9, 2007

What was the full date?

msnyx

Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:56 pm

Quoting Swiftski (Reply 8):

What was the full date?

The only Sunday that was the 9th in 2007 was in September.

Try this site. One can usually pull up tail numbers and flights, but for some reason, they must have used a different identifier for the flight that day, as flight 211 only comes up with results through Sept. 2nd, while most flight numbers are up through today. If you really want to know before bts comes out with the stats, you can type in the entire fleet of yx tail numbers and see which plane it is. If you have the time, it should work, otherwise, just wait for bts.

By the way, when typing in the flight number, use the following form: yx0211 (for Midwest flight 211)
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me

AviationAddict
Topic Author

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Thanks for the help everyone but, I actually figured it out on my own. I just went straight to the source (took a ride over to the YX ramp and asked ops). If anyone cares it was N928ME (YX's newest 717 and the second to last frame off the line).