nycbjr

Virgin America To Offer Wifi In 2008

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:02 am

Looks Like Virgin America is next to add in flight internet wifi.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/friendlie...-to-its-flights-in-2008-299586.php

MaverickM11

RE: Virgin America To Offer Wifi In 2008

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:12 am

Is it just me or does Virgin America seem to have a new press release every other day?
E pur si muove -Galileo

ikramerica

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:38 am

They have to do something since their prices aren't low enough to attract customers and they need to get their name out there. Their lowest fare is $149 each way LAX-JFK. Looking at booking next weekend, I checked VX then everyone else, and VX has the "highest lowest" fare available. Most everyone but VX has $320-$330 (w/ tax) fares available while VX is higher. This means on a positive note, they sold out of their $149 fare on my return day, but on the minus side, CO and DL and AA and US and B6 have all matched the fare and since they have more frequency, still have it available, which will make it harder for VX to win customers without constant press releases and such.

I haven't seen the same media darling status compared to B6 when it was new. I do see the "hollywood darling" status though, as VX gets free press in Daily Variety via "news" articles about it, when I've never seen ANY other airline ever get an article about them in Variety before...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

N77014

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:00 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 2):
They have to do something since their prices aren't low enough to attract customers and they need to get their name out there. Their lowest fare is $149 each way LAX-JFK. Looking at booking next weekend, I checked VX then everyone else, and VX has the "highest lowest" fare available. Most everyone but VX has $320-$330 (w/ tax) fares available while VX is higher. This means on a positive note, they sold out of their $149 fare on my return day, but on the minus side, CO and DL and AA and US and B6 have all matched the fare and since they have more frequency, still have it available, which will make it harder for VX to win customers without constant press releases and such.

I haven't seen the same media darling status compared to B6 when it was new. I do see the "hollywood darling" status though, as VX gets free press in Daily Variety via "news" articles about it, when I've never seen ANY other airline ever get an article about them in Variety before...

Considering the level of service the aformentioned legacy carriers offer in the market, VX believes customers are willing to pay a little more to get more. Edible meals, an expansive seatback entertainment system, and service that is actually good is a driver. VX believes that their niche is a bit less wallet sensitive.

As for the media darling, Jetblue received it simply because it was a 180 from just about all that was out there at that point in time.
A new life awaits you in the Off-World Colonies...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos