cle757

Co's CLE Major Expansion Announcement!

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:35 pm

Here it is!!!

CONTINENTAL AIRLINES ANNOUNCES MAJOR EXPANSION

AT CLEVELAND HOPKINS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

CLEVELAND, Sept.14, 2007 – Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL), along with Mayor Frank G. Jackson and Governor Ted Strickland, announced a plan by Continental to grow its capacity at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) by 40 percent over a two-year period. Continental will initially operate 50 new flights, principally on regional jets, and add 20 new nonstop destinations by next summer. By early 2009, Continental plans to add more than a dozen additional flights, principally on mainline aircraft, further strengthening Cleveland’s role in Continental’s global route network. The project is expected to create an estimated 700 Ohio jobs.

Many of the regional jet aircraft used for the additional service will be reallocated from Newark. Beginning in 2009, a number of additional mainline aircraft will also be allocated to support the growth.

Today’s announcement is the result of a partnership among Continental, the City of Cleveland and the State of Ohio.

“This growth strengthens Cleveland and gives customers more options when connecting within the Continental system,” said Larry Kellner, Continental chairman and chief executive officer. “Mayor Jackson’s partnership, support for air service development and his strong management team at Hopkins were crucial to our decision. We’re also grateful for the leadership and support of Governor Strickland, Lt. Governor Fisher and the State of Ohio, the support of Cleveland City Council and the Ohio Congressional delegation. All this support has helped make it possible for us to grow our presence here.”

“Continental Airlines is making a significant investment in the City of Cleveland and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. This strategic investment is designed to maximize Cleveland’s assets, create a positive environment for business and serve as a vehicle for tourism to the entire Cleveland Plus region,” said Mayor Jackson. “I’d like to thank Mr. Kellner, Mr. Smisek, Governor Strickland, Lt. Governor Fisher, Director Smith and all who worked with me and my staff to make this vision for Cleveland a reality.”

“The State of Ohio is proud to partner in this effort to support this major expansion in the great City of Cleveland,” said Governor Strickland.

The State offered an incentive package valued at more than $16 million; to date, Continental has been awarded a $900,000 Rapid Outreach Grant, a 70-percent, 10-year Ohio Job Creation Tax Credit, an Ohio Investment in Training program grant valued at up to $550,000, as well as employment pre-screening, testing and recruitment services through the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

“Ohio’s world-class transportation infrastructure and airports are strengths for our communities that enhance our economic development goals, and this expansion will bolster Cleveland Hopkins and support business development in Northeast Ohio,” said Lt. Governor Lee Fisher, who also serves as Director of the Ohio Department of Development. “Continental’s expanded air service at Cleveland Hopkins will benefit the entire state by improving access to Ohio and demonstrating to expanding businesses one more reason why more than 1,000 internationally owned establishments from 26 countries are located in Ohio.”

Growth to Take Place in Three Phases During 2007 to 2009: Phase One

Phase one was launched with a significant increase in capacity in 2007 in many mainline markets from Cleveland including:

Destination % capacity increase

San Francisco 45%

Orlando 33%

Seattle 32%

Los Angeles 10%

Seasonal flights to San Diego also began in late December 2006.

The 2007 capacity increase has been achieved through a combination of adding additional flight frequency and using larger aircraft on these routes.

New service to Quebec City began in June of 2007.

Later this month, twice daily flights to Oklahoma City and daily service to Ottawa will begin.

As a result of the growth in 2007, Continental’s operation in Cleveland will be 10 percent larger in 2007 than in 2006.

Phase Two: 12 New Nonstop Destinations

In early 2008, Continental will add 27 new flights to 12 new nonstop destinations including: New Destination Frequency Effective Date

Greensboro, N.C. (GSO) Three times daily March 3, 2008

Omaha, Neb. (OMA) Three times daily March 3, 2008

Savannah, Ga. (SAV) Twice daily March 3, 2008

Birmingham, Ala. (BHM) Twice daily April 6, 2008

Charleston, S.C. (CHS) Once daily April 6, 2008

Green Bay, Wis. (GRB) Twice daily April 6, 2008

Tulsa, Okla. (TUL) Twice daily April 6, 2008

Little Rock, Ark. (LIT) Twice daily May 4, 2008

Memphis, Tenn. (MEM) Twice daily May 4, 2008

Lansing, Mich. (LAN) Three times daily May 4, 2008

Des Moines, Iowa (DSM) Twice daily June 12, 2008

Kalamazoo, Mich. (AZO) Three times daily June 12, 2008

(Weekend schedules may vary).

In addition, previously announced seasonal service to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport (CDG) will begin May 22, 2008. The flight is planned to depart Cleveland at 7:05 p.m. and arrive in Paris at 9:05 a.m. the following day. The return flight will depart Paris at 10:50 a.m. on May 23, 2008, and arrive in Cleveland at 2:00 p.m. the same day. Both flights are served with a Boeing 757 aircraft featuring Continental’s award-winning BusinessFirst cabin. Paris is the second European destination served by Continental from Cleveland, following London Gatwick airport (LGW).

Customers may go online today at continental.com to begin booking and ticketing the new flights. In addition, customers have the option of making reservations by calling Continental at 1-800-523-FARE, or contacting their local travel agent. Introductory fares will be offered in the new markets. (See attached sheet).

Additional cities to be announced later will also be added during Phase Two.

Following the completion of the second phase of the expansion in June 2008, Continental expects to be providing 300 daily departures from Cleveland, up from the 242 daily departures in

June 2007. Total nonstop destinations served from Cleveland will grow from 80 today to 100.

Phase Three

Phase Three will be announced in 2008 and will add more nonstop destinations and a further increase in seats to existing Continental markets. The additional capacity will be in place for the peak summer 2009 travel period.

The Fleet

Continental and its partners have deployed a diverse fleet of aircraft at the Cleveland hub. Flights are operated with Boeing 757s, 737s, Embraer and Canadair Regional Jets, Bombardier Q200s and Beechcraft 1900s. The Beechcraft 1900s will be entirely replaced by Q200s by April 2008. The 37-seat Q200s are quiet, next-generation aircraft featuring state-of-the-art features for passenger comfort. The new routes will be flown by a combination of aircraft types operated by Continental and its regional airline partners.

More Than 700 New Jobs

In order to support the expanded schedule at the Cleveland hub, Continental expects that it and its regional airline partners will hire more than 700 new employees over the next 18 months. Positions will include airport sales agents and customer service agents. In addition, Continental is also hiring pilots and flight attendants. Continental career opportunities are posted at continental.com.

Airport Improvements Support Expansion

To support the growth of Cleveland, future facility plans call for an expanded security checkpoint area, a new meet-and-greet waiting area and additional ticket counters. A concession redevelopment program is underway to provide more retail and food and beverage options for travelers at Cleveland Hopkins - - at prices that are comparable to non-airport locations. Continental and the Airport are also reviewing different options to expand and/or relocate the current Federal Inspection Services (FIS) and customs hall.

Already completed are a new runway and centralized de-icing pad, C Concourse ramp replacement, expansion of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) bag room with a new in-line baggage screening system, and restroom renovations.

Continental Airlines is the world’s fifth largest airline. Continental, together with Continental Express and Continental Connection, has more than 3,100 daily departures throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, serving 144 domestic and 138 international destinations. More than 400 additional points are served via SkyTeam alliance airlines. With more than 45,000 employees, Continental has hubs serving New York, Houston, Cleveland and Guam, and together with Continental Express, carries approximately 67 million passengers per year. Continental consistently earns awards and critical acclaim for both its operation and its corporate culture.

For the fourth consecutive year, FORTUNE magazine named Continental the No. 1 World’s Most Admired Airline on its 2007 list of World’s Most Admired Companies. Continental was also named the No. 1 airline on the publication’s 2007 America’s Most Admired airline industry list. Additionally, Continental again won major awards at the OAG Airline of the Year Awards including “Best Airline Based in North America” for the fourth year in a row, and “Best Executive/Business Class” for the fifth consecutive year. For more company information, visit continental.com.

###

CLEVELAND EXPANSION

PROMOTIONAL FARES

CLEVELAND - PARIS

Continental will offer a low introductory round-trip coach-class fare of $898 midweek/$958 weekend from Cleveland nonstop to Paris. Tickets must be purchased by Sept. 28, 2007. The fare is valid for travel from the day the service starts until Aug. 28, 2008. A Saturday night stay is required and there is a 30-day maximum stay. Tickets are non-refundable and a $200 change fee applies. The sale fare does not include a $2.50 September 11 security fee (each way), passenger facility charges up to $18 (round trip), and international taxes and fees of $94. Fares subject to change without notice, seats are limited and other restrictions apply.

CLEVELAND - DOMESTIC

Continental will offer a low introductory nonstop fare of $198 round trip from Cleveland to the following new markets:

Greensboro, N.C.

Omaha, Neb.

Savannah, Ga.

Birmingham, Ala.

Charleston, S.C.

Green Bay, Wis.

Tulsa, Okla.

Little Rock, Ark.

Memphis, Tenn.

Lansing, Mich.

Des Moines, Iowa

Kalamazoo, Mich.

Tickets must be purchased by Sept. 28, 2007. The fare is valid for travel from the day the service starts until Aug. 28, 2008. A three-night or Friday night stay is required. Tickets are non-refundable and a $100 change fee applies. The sale fare does not include a $3.40 per segment fee (each way), a $2.50 per segment September 11 security fee (each way), and passenger facility charges up to $18 (round trip). Fares subject to change without notice, seats are limited and other restrictions apply.
Cleveland the best location in the Nation

rampkontroler

RE: Co's CLE Major Expansion Announcement!

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:41 pm

You beat me by ten seconds! Looks good all the way around...I'm a happy camper!

RL757PVD

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:42 pm

Im guessing alot of these ERJs are comming from EWR routes being freed up by the new Q400's.

Im hoping some cities like PVD will also see some of the CLE flights go back to mainline, maybe something like 2x 737 2x ERJ etc...
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

commavia

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:47 pm

Good for Continental and Cleveland.

Well, we'll see how this goes. Definitely impressive to show this level of commitment to their "third hub."

Some of these markets make obvious sense, and are virtually no-brainers, like Memphis, Des Moines, Omaha, Little Rock, and even Greensboro. Others seem to be a bit of a stretch, like Lansing, Kalamazoo, Charleston, and Green Bay. We'll see how they perform, and if the hub can sustain some of these smaller markets with virtually no O&D.

In the 'big picture,' this will definitely serve as a test of the trend going back for the last few years since 9/11 of shrinking smaller hubs and degrading most service to RJs. Continental is the first airline in a long, long time that is sinking money into major expansion at their smaller hub, with the possible exception of Delta at SLC. While competitors have done nothing but shrink - AA/STL, DL/CVG, US/PIT, etc. - CO is growing.

Good luck to them!

FlyPeoria

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:47 pm

Congratulations, CLE! Great to see a hub expansion. I'm hoping to see COEX do CLE-PIA by 2009. Wishful thinking I know.

bcoz

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:50 pm

Way to go Hopkins! Now if only Mayor Jackson and Governor Strickland would intervene and get the Browns on track....

bcoz

cle757

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:51 pm

BHM is coming back  Smile

atlaaron

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:52 pm

Overall great news, the 700 new jobs alone makes me happy!

However, I did not get my wish for CLE-SNA or CLE-BUR nonstop.

AirlineBrat

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:55 pm

That is great news for the City of Cleveland and great news for the local economy. Looking at a map of the US, I think CLE is a good location for a strong hub.
I'm leavin on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again....

cle757

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:57 pm

Hopefully they will announce some mainline cities soon too!

IADLHR

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:57 pm

Quoting FlyPeoria (Reply 4):
Congratulations, CLE! Great to see a hub expansion. I'm hoping to see COEX do CLE-PIA by 2009. Wishful thinking I know.

I second the motion. However, I am truly, truly afraid we may have to wait until the new terminal is built in PIA. Is there any ticket counter space, and maybe even gate space, left in PIA for a new carrier? I am not sure, it has been awhile since I have been there.

flyinryan99

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:58 pm

Quoting Commavia (Reply 3):
Others seem to be a bit of a stretch, like Lansing, Kalamazoo, Charleston, and Green Bay.

My guess is LAN and AZO are going to be done with Dash 8s to add more feed.

Very nice increase IMO. Does anyone know the timeline as to when each city will see at least one Dash 8-Q200 in their schedules?

westindian425

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:58 pm

Quoting CLE757 (Thread starter):
Already completed are a new runway and centralized de-icing pad, C Concourse ramp replacement,

The runway is nowhere near completed yet. 6R-24L is still under construction.
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

chrisjake

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:05 am

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 12):
The runway is nowhere near completed yet. 6R-24L is still under construction.

thats the extension of the old runway. the new 6L/24R IS completed.

bcoz

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:06 am

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 12):
6R-24L is still under construction.

When did 6R/24L go under the knife? Is it a rehab project? Last time I was there (late March) the 6C/24C was closed.

bcoz

FlyPeoria

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:09 am

Quoting IADLHR (Reply 10):

I second the motion. However, I am truly, truly afraid we may have to wait until the new terminal is built in PIA. Is there any ticket counter space, and maybe even gate space, left in PIA for a new carrier? I am not sure, it has been awhile since I have been there.

IF COEX decided to begin a CLE-PIA route, I'm sure they'd be accommodated somehow. IIIRC, Midway Connection (ex-Direct Air) used a portable ticket counter when they served PIA in 1993-1994 so maybe that's still an option.

I doubt we'll get COEX since Pinnacle/NW just start PIA-DTW.

rampkontroler

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:11 am

Quoting Bcoz (Reply 14):
When did 6R/24L go under the knife? Is it a rehab project? Last time I was there (late March) the 6C/24C was closed.

Yes, it's undergoing repairs and 6C/24C is being used in the interim. Supposedly, when this is done the Center will finally be decommissioned and turned into a taxiway.

mkirch72

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:11 am

Congrats to CO and CLE. My favorite city and my favorite airline. And no - I don't live in Cleveland, but I grew up there.

You know there have been so many naysayers on a.net regarding CLE and CO's presence there. It's good to see those of us who maintained a "glass half-full" attitude have been validated.

Great job to everyone involved. Now Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, and the state of Ohio needs to do everything within their power to ensure they work in conjunction with CO for long-term sustainability of this hub.

UN_B732

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:16 am

Yay! Continental is finally realized the potential and uncongested nature of Cleveland. I'm rooting for CLE-PDX in Phase 2
-A
What now?

RJNUT

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:21 am

Quoting Mkirch72 (Reply 17):
Congrats to CO and CLE. My favorite city and my favorite airline. And no - I don't live in Cleveland, but I grew up there.

this fits in with my plan to semi - retire back to the Cleveland area after 40 yrs in KC..i want to live in Oberlin and commute to Hopkins and be a ramp rat or maybe CSA...I will finally then be able to "afford" to work for an airline and have fun with it!..Beats becoming a Walmart meeter and greeter...!

These droughty summers here our doing me in and i really dont mind winter weather!

Junction

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:29 am

Quoting Flyinryan99 (Reply 11):
Does anyone know the timeline as to when each city will see at least one Dash 8-Q200 in their schedules?

The DH2, and most of the initial phase including CDG, have just been loaded now in most systems. Here are a few I saw:

12JUN-THU-ADV OPER BY COMMUTAIR
1CO8732 CLEAZO 840A 951A DH2 0 111
2CO8771 CLEAZO 310P 421P DH2 0 111
3CO8776 CLEAZO 845P 956P DH2 0 111

12JUN-THU-ADV OPER BY CO EXPRESS
1CO3048 CLEMEM 1230P 133P ERJ 0 203
2CO2746 CLEMEM 845P 948P ERJ 0 203

15JUN-SUN-
1CO 134 CLECDG 705P 905A 1 757 0 800

nuggetsyl

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:34 am

Quoting ATLAaron (Reply 7):
However, I did not get my wish for CLE-SNA or CLE-BUR nonstop

Cal needs to build up some more feeder traffic to get the bigger jets in there. By the way the plan is laided out looks like there banking alot on feeder traffic.

masseybrown

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:38 am

Quoting CLE757 (Thread starter):
future facility plans call for an expanded security checkpoint area, a new meet-and-greet waiting area and additional ticket counters. A concession redevelopment program is underway to provide more retail and food and beverage options for travelers at Cleveland Hopkins - - at prices that are comparable to non-airport locations. Continental and the Airport are also reviewing different options to expand and/or relocate the current Federal Inspection Services (FIS) and customs hall.

Not to diminish the very good news, I wish more concrete info had been provided for these facility projects. If the LGW times are the same next year, a 2PM CDG arrival and a 3PM LGW arrival makes it sound as if an improved FIS is still 2+ years away.

fun2fly

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:50 am

Great news on the new CO destinations and considerably well laid out plan to create feeder traffic in 2008 for 2009 mainline jets. However, disappointing on the City side of the deal regarding facility upgrades, new gates, long sought after D connector, etc. Did I miss something on this?

flyinryan99

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:51 am

Quoting Junction (Reply 20):

I reread the release and it says all of the Beechers will be out of there by April of 2008. Glad to know that TOL-CLE will be upgraded soon. This will allow CO more marketshare in the market, something good for them, I love their product out of here.

dutchjet

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:53 am

I do hope that the CLE gang, including Falcon84 and the others, are happy....CO did come through for CLE.

JetBlueGuy2006

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:55 am

Wow, this is so exciting. Lansing gets the return of CO to our airport.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

CALMSP

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:58 am

shoot.................AZO as well..........could have used that when I was in college down there!!

N231YE

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:31 am

Yes...after countless job loss everywhere in Cleveland, I am happy to see some positives. I hope CO can keep promises...this is very good news for CLE.

TWFirst

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:17 am

Sorry.... it's gotta be BMI.  Wink
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

mbm3

Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:05 am

Thank you CO! This is great news for the region and for us CLE-based a.netters!
Let Me Tell You, Landing A 772ER Is Harder Than It Looks!

piercey

Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:12 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 25):
I do hope that the CLE gang, including Falcon84 and the others, are happy....CO did come through for CLE.

Well, I was kind of hoping for a new terminal, but this will be fine  Smile

Either way, I'm on my way to DEN later tonight flying Cleveland's hometown airline. Should be interesting at the airport.

piercey in CLE  Sad
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

greenair727

Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:18 am

For the flights to MEM, CO used to code-share with NW / NW Airlink. Once CO's own flights to MEM go into effect, will they drop the co-share status with NW on this route?

N383PA

Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:49 am

With all this expansion in CLE does that mean they will make space in EWR for more international services?
I wonder if they even would consider to bypass EWR and fly a few more european flights to CLE and then onwards to the
midwest and west coast.

The only thing is, that they get enough B739 soon as it seems to me that they must have used all the available 757 for there transatlantic service soon and the long haul summer schedule for next year is not published yet. On that note maybe they try to get hold of a few more second hand 757.

Is this the biggest expansion CO ever did in CLE?

Anyway, good luck with these expansion plans.

Smile

yow

Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:58 am

I wonder if this expansion will result in more Canadian destinations being announced? YOW is coming shortly of course. I wonder if the YQB experiment will turn into a year-round daily flight?

Junction

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:04 am

Quoting Greenair727 (Reply 32):
For the flights to MEM, CO used to code-share with NW / NW Airlink.

This brings up a good point. Most, if not all of this expansion is in direct flow competition with NW, especially CLE-MEM and the new CO Michigan cities. Even CLE-CDG will compete with DTW-CDG for connecting traffic. Since NW is notorious for schedule retaliation of their turf, can we expect something like more NW MEM-Texas flights or even CLE-NYC on NW to appear? Or is NW-DTW and DL-CVG fine with this growing CO-CLE scenario?

jetpixx

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:06 am

Congratulations to CO an CLE! I am glad to see my hometown expanding service and the fine people of Cleveland getting new jobs. Now, if we could get CLE-PDX or CLE-SEA year-round with connecting service to FLL, I could go through there instead of the busy IAH hub or going out of the way to EWR...heck, I'd even connect to BOS, MHT or PWM if it were offered through CLE. I love the airport and its simplicity, despite being a hub.

Hopefully Phase Two continues this great expansion and CLE is the world-class airport that it started out to be. Definitely agree that the FIS needs to be the next big thing. The city needs to get the facilities necessary if they really want to compete or grow into a true hub. How much could this cost?

Bump NW from the first couple of gates in C - build those double glass walls with a walkway right along the existing concourse and make a facility that can handle simultaneous international flights.

bcoz

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:11 am

Quoting Jetpixx (Reply 36):
Bump NW from the first couple of gates in C - build those double glass walls with a walkway right along the existing concourse and make a facility that can handle simultaneous international flights.

I think I read somewhere (I believe on this forum) that NW is moving to A shortly, but isn't that back alley there on the even side of C a little tight around C2-C6? I mean we're only talking 757s right now... but if you are putting an eye toward future expansion.....

bcoz

[Edited 2007-09-14 22:16:33]

MCOflyer

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:23 am

Glad to see expansion at CLE. hopefully we will see more destinations on the horizon. I would like to see CLE-BRU and CLE-FRA. I know i am crazy but CLE-BRU could work if they were timed correctly.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

LAXdude1023

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:26 am

Congrats to CLE!!!

Quoting ATLAaron (Reply 7):
However, I did not get my wish for CLE-SNA or CLE-BUR nonstop.

These wont every happen before IAH.

Quoting Piercey (Reply 31):
Either way, I'm on my way to DEN later tonight flying Cleveland's hometown airline.

Not to nitpick, but CO is Houston's hometown airline. I dont think CLE has one.
It is what it is...

bcoz

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:30 am

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 39):
Not to nitpick, but CO is Houston's hometown airline. I dont think CLE has one.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen CO market themselves as "Cleveland's Hometown Airline" before.... even though their HQ is in Houston.

greenair727

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:38 am

Quote:
I know i am crazy but CLE-BRU could work if they were timed correctly.

BRU--that's interesting....I'd like to see--and I know people may think *I'm* crazy:

CLE-AMS
CLE-FCO
CLE-FRA
CLE-TLV
CLE-MEX
CLE-GRU
BKL-LGA
BKL-MDW

SESGDL

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:50 am

Quoting Greenair727 (Reply 41):
CLE-AMS
CLE-FCO
CLE-FRA
CLE-TLV
CLE-MEX
CLE-GRU
BKL-LGA
BKL-MDW

Only three of those have any chance of happening, and one is so slim that it's close to impossible to due aircraft. CLE-FCO and CLE-FRA, and CLE-AMS are the only possibilities, although the 757 would have to be used; therefore discounting CLE-FCO.

Jeremy

LAXdude1023

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:51 am

Quoting Greenair727 (Reply 41):
CLE-AMS
CLE-FCO
CLE-FRA
CLE-TLV
CLE-MEX
CLE-GRU

Might happen:

CLE-AMS

10% chance of happening:

CLE-MEX
CLE-FRA

Wont Happen in our lifetime:

CLE-FCO

Wont happen within a 100 years of us being dead:

CLE-TLV
CLE-GRU
It is what it is...

jimbobjoe

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:56 am

Quoting Bcoz (Reply 40):
I'm pretty sure that I've seen CO market themselves as "Cleveland's Hometown Airline" before.... even though their HQ is in Houston.

Continental does the same in New York as well.

skibum9

Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:14 am

Go Continental! Go Cleveland! And most importantly Go Tribe! And even more importantly....GO BROWNS!!
Tailwinds!!!

JetBlueGuy2006

Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:21 am

Does anyone know what Fleet type and what regional feeder will be used for the new Lansing service?
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

bcoz

Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:37 am

Quoting Skibum9 (Reply 45):
Go Continental! Go Cleveland! And most importantly Go Tribe! And even more importantly....GO BROWNS!!

AMEN!

CALMSP

Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:45 am

assuming it will be the Q200's...............I dont see us flying the RJ up there.

joeman

Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:40 am

Ecstatic that my conservative expectations were far exceeded and happy for the CO a-netters that their prophecies were fulfilled. Thanks CO!