falcon7x

Edmonton (CYEG) Could Become Major Cargo Hub.

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:33 am

Recent meetings are indicating that YEG with its location in this project stands the greatest chance of becoming the big player in this...EAA has mentioned that it has had interest from Jade Cargo,Global supply systems,Shanghai air Cargo,Lufthansa Cargo, and a few others.

Here is the link.

http://corporate.edmontonairports.co...siness_at_the_airport/port_alberta

flyb

RE: Edmonton (CYEG) Could Become Major Cargo Hub.

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:42 am

Well with Price Rupert now open as of this week and the Oil Sands combined Edmonton is placed perfectly. Price Rupert I think will be the biggest boost that will create the extra draw.

CN has to get on board with this master plan, and so far they are going to run everything out of Edmonton for rail, but working with ERAA? They need to figure out how to make this port Alberta idea fly. Right now I say it is 50/50.

yegbey01

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:55 am

This concept needs money and planning ala Dubai.....Folks in Edmonton aren't nimble enough...too sad!!!

falcon7x

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:00 am

Very true....With all the expansion going on with the ramp at the moment it makes me wonder if EAA knows something we dont know.Also a group of people from a ''asian'' cargo company were just here not even a week ago for a meeting with EAA.It could be a really great thing if it pans out.Looking at the facts it does make good sense with the proximity to Rail and Truck lines.

flyb

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:18 am

One can only hope the true potential is noted by not only the corporate community here in Edmonton, but by partners around the world.