KarlB737
Topic Author

DTW Air Traffic Controllers Sue Over Mold

Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:09 pm

This seems to be a never ending story. I have been reading about this story for years. It keeps being reported for years. For the life of me I can't understand why the cause of the mold isn't located, corrected and then cleaned up. In that sequence. It appears that the cause is yet to be identified. Maybe someone here knows whether it is a water leak or what. If I were the controllers I would simply notify OSHA. Usually when they get wind of something like this they come in like gang busters. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did investigate this matter that they would order the tower closed. Thats the way they operate from what I have been told. Turn on the lights at the Smith Terminal Tower.

Occupational Safety and Health Administration
http://www.osha.gov/

Courtesy: Detroit Free Press

DTW Air Traffic Controllers Sue Over Mold

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...BUSINESS06/709150345/1002/BUSINESS

atct

RE: DTW Air Traffic Controllers Sue Over Mold

Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:22 am

Go get em guys. Its about time someone stands up to the bad contracts.

I totally support em. We are held to a high medical standard, heck if I take some cold medications I cant work form 8-24 hours depending on the med. No matter if I do not have any adverse side affects or not. Ohh well. Prechin to the choir...

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

Indy

Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:47 am

If you have mold in your home they pretty much strip the place and throw all your things away. Perhaps they feel that it would be too expensive so they'd rather let the workers suffer. Maybe Detroit ATC is the Pinto of the aviation world. For those of you that don't know the story behind the Pinto it was discovered that Ford determined it would be cheaper to pay injury/death claims than it would be to fix the exploding fuel tank problem.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

IAHFLYR

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:22 pm

It is great to have stuff as this brought to light and hold someone accountable, about time.

Quoting Indy (Reply 2):
Maybe Detroit ATC is the Pinto of the aviation world. For those of you that don't know the story behind the Pinto it was discovered that Ford determined it would be cheaper to pay injury/death claims than it would be to fix the exploding fuel tank problem

Nope, that would be Houston TRACON......floods, sewer water backups, more sewer water backups...being going on for probably 15 years or so, building is almost 40 years old and no new TRACON until at least 2011 if they started work today. Think I90 wins the "Pinto Award" hands down.  banghead 
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.