tcfc424

DFW Water Salutes

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:51 pm

I was highly impressed today to find out that every day, when R&R troops return to DFW, they are greeted with a water salute. This is a wonderful way to show our troops they are supported and we thank them for their service. A true class act DFW...wtg.

Didn't an airport recently ban these water salutes after foam was accidentally applied to a 777? (ATL????)

DesertFlyer

RE: DFW Water Salutes

Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:09 pm

I think it was a United 777, though I don't remember at what airport. If I remember correctly (and feel free to correct me) it was the airline that banned the salutes, not the airport. Bad mistake that was!

commavia

RE: DFW Water Salutes

Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:33 pm

Yeah, DFW (and the whole community) does a whole lot for the troops - both when they're leaving and returning. Every time troops leave for overseas or come back for R&R or the end of their deployment, there are always huge gatherings of people at the airport with signs, flags, banners, gifts, etc. You'll be hard pressed to find a more patriotic or pro-military place than Texas in the U.S.: people take the military very, very seriously down here, and the way that DFW and the region treat troops flying in and out of the airport are a perfect example of that.