ZRH
Topic Author

Swiss Aviation Thread 13 - Good Luck

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:54 pm

As the the previous thread Swiss Aviation Thread 12 - Follow-up! reached over 200 posts I decided to start a new one.

As everybody knows ZRH will soon have slot problems. There is a wide discussion about the runway system. Unfortunately there are several groups which want to prohibit any change of the runway system or even want to worsen it. There is also this most stupid German direction regarding landings from the north. Till now the Zurich Canton Government always said that therefore is no chance for a parallel runway. According to the NZZ (Sept 24) the BAZL (Federal Civil Aviation Authority) is at least ready to check the options for a new runway. Although I think it won't happen in the next 10 years it is still good signal.
Here is the article (in German): http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/zueric...zuerich_doch_pruefen_1.560038.html

[Edited 2007-09-24 13:59:06]

Nimish

RE: Swiss Aviation Thread 13 - Good Luck

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:40 pm

Quoting ChrisZRH from previous thread:
Also two Novair A330s are getting ready for their new operator Air India, configurated in ZRH. Hope we're going to get some nice shots...

Does anyone know if the interiors are being changed, or are they still in the cramped charter layout?
Latest Trip Report - GoAir BLR-BOM-BLR

AntonovA330

Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:57 am

Quoting ZRH" class=quote target=_blank>ZRH (Thread starter):
As everybody knows ZRH will soon have slot problems. There is a wide discussion about the runway system. Unfortunately there are several groups which want to prohibit any change of the runway system or even want to worsen it. There is also this most stupid German direction regarding landings from the north. Till now the Zurich Canton Government always said that therefore is no chance for a parallel runway. According to the NZZ (Sept 24) the BAZL (Federal Civil Aviation Authority) is at least ready to check the options for a new runway. Although I think it won't happen in the next 10 years it is still good signal.
Here is the article (in German): http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/zueric....html

Thanks for coming up with such a interesting topic. I didn't know that they'll have a look on the runway issue. The major problem in my opinion is Switzerland being so small with geographical obstructions and its "all-over spread" population. There would have been simply no room -also politically- for a major construction work = building a new, parallel runway. Are there any intentions to lenghten RWY 10-28?
Good day to you sir! Please turn left, your seat is in the first row.

LXA340

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:23 am

Quoting AntonovA330 (Reply 2):
There would have been simply no room -also politically- for a major construction work = building a new, parallel runway. Are there any intentions to lenghten RWY 10-28?

Regarding this runway, how come there are no landings taking place on 10? Zurich really has too many restrictions already with it's landing and departure slots I really hope the situation will get better and not worse. The parallel runway would be great and probably the only solution to have multi runways in use etc. So 16L and R and 34L and R. I really hope that the upcomming elections that involve on puting further restrictions to ZRH airport with longer night hours etc will make the people vote against it.

OceansWorld

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:36 am

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 3):
The parallel runway would be great and probably the only solution to have multi runways in use etc. So 16L and R and 34L and R

Okay, but where do you build it with Oberglatt and Rümlang on one side ? Do you think to something like AMS and it's latest runway ?

LXA340

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:46 am

Quoting OceansWorld (Reply 4):
Okay, but where do you build it with Oberglatt and R�mlang on one side ? Do you think to something like AMS and it's latest runway ?

Wasn't there ones an idea to relace the additional 16 -34 runway with the current 14 - 32 runway and move the highway or by tunneling it or move it further ou?. If space between the runways would still be too close maybe if there is free space you could move the current 16 - 34 runway further out direction ruemlang by 100 meters or so? I gues this is the only feasable so far there is the space but soon housing areas could be construct and so on, so the parallel runway system will not be possible. So let's hope people will get their common sense together and will give Swiss Aviation a chance by not blocking it through limiting construction and aircraft movements for the future. Many jobs depend on ZRH airport as well!!!

ZRH
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:55 am

Quoting AntonovA330 (Reply 2):
Are there any intentions to lenghten RWY 10-28?

Actually when and if any runway improvement could happen this would be first. There are serious plans and possibilities to lengthen 10/28 on both sides by totally about 500 m to 3000 m. But??... I hope so.

Quoting OceansWorld (Reply 4):
Okay, but where do you build it with Oberglatt and Rümlang on one side ? Do you think to something like AMS and it's latest runway ?

There are plans to build a new 16L/34R instead of 14/32. It would be technically possible. This is the so called plan "Green" of about 19 evaluated alternatives.

sandrozrh

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:27 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 6):

Actually when and if any runway improvement could happen this would be first. There are serious plans and possibilities to lengthen 10/28 on both sides by totally about 500 m to 3000 m. But??... I hope so.

And how is that supposed to happen? I can see a small margin towards Rümlang, which, however, would make the runway end extremely close to the town, god forbid a plane overruns that runway. And on Kloten's side? There hardly is any space, unless you wanna scrap the new highway and the houses below the glideslope, incl the BP gas station.

ZRH
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:38 am

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 7):
And how is that supposed to happen? I can see a small margin towards Rümlang, which, however, would make the runway end extremely close to the town, god forbid a plane overruns that runway. And on Kloten's side? There hardly is any space, unless you wanna scrap the new highway and the houses below the glideslope, incl the BP gas station

I don't know. But I saw drawings where they can lengthen towards Kloten by about 100 m (ends before the highway), and towards Rümlang over the river Glatt with a bridge.

sandrozrh

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:37 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 8):
But I saw drawings where they can lengthen towards Kloten by about 100 m (ends before the highway),

So that's the end of the cool parking lot just off the end of 28, meh  Angry

Knightsofmalta

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:50 pm

There was a report recently, I think it might even have been in Travel Inside, that the construction of new quick turn-off taxiways for runways 34 and 28 had been granted which would allow a better flow of traffic on these runways which would then allow the airport to increase the number of movements per hour. Don't know when exactly construction is supposed to begin though.

ZRH
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:28 pm

Quoting Knightsofmalta (Reply 10):
There was a report recently, I think it might even have been in Travel Inside, that the construction of new quick turn-off taxiways for runways 34 and 28 had been granted which would allow a better flow of traffic on these runways which would then allow the airport to increase the number of movements per hour. Don't know when exactly construction is supposed to begin though.

This is correct. I also read it in the daily newspapers Neue Zürcher Zeitung und Tagesanzeiger.
NZZ Sept 20th 2007, page 55, in German:

Quote:
Zusätzliche Rollwege am Flughafen Zürich
Keine Erhöhung der Gesamtkapazität
(ap) Der Bund hat der Flughafen Zürich AG die Plangenehmigung für Ergänzungen der Infrastruktur erteilt. Damit kann die Flughafengesellschaft Unique sogenannte Schnellabrollwege für die Pisten 28 und 34 sowie zusätzliche Einfahrten auf die Pisten 16, 28 und 32 bauen. So soll es zu weniger Verspätungen kommen, wie es in einer Mitteilung des Eidgenössischen Departements für Umwelt, Verkehr, Energie und Kommunikation (Uvek) heisst. Der Flughafen hatte gemeinsam mit dem vorläufigen Betriebsreglement ein Gesuch für neue Schnellabrollwege und zusätzliche Einfahrten eingereicht. Die je zwei Schnellabrollwege ab den Pisten 28 und 34 sollen die Kapazität für Anflüge aus Osten und Süden erhöhen. Das war nötig geworden, weil die Kapazität wegen der Einschränkungen im süddeutschen Luftraum zurückgegangen war. Mit den neuen Rollwegen könne der Flughafen einen Teil der eingebüssten Kapazität zurückerlangen, schreibt das Uvek.

Das Bundesamt für Zivilluftfahrt hatte das Gesuch zusammen mit dem vorläufigen Betriebsreglement im Frühling 2004 öffentlich aufgelegt. Zahlreiche Einsprecher äusserten daraufhin die Befürchtung, durch die Ergänzungen der Infrastruktur könne der Flughafen seine Kapazität massiv erhöhen. Das Uvek ist nun zum Schluss gelangt, dass die Gesamtkapazität des Flughafens nicht erhöht wird. Die neuen Infrastrukturen stellten zudem kein Präjudiz für die Wahl der künftigen Betriebsform dar, die im Rahmen des laufenden SIL-Prozesses getroffen wird. Der Entscheid des Uvek kann innert 30 Tagen ans Bundesverwaltungsgericht weitergezogen werden.

In einer Medienmitteilung bezeichnete der Bürgerprotest Fluglärm Ost den Rückgewinn der Kapazitätseinbusse aufgrund der deutschen Verordnung als einziges Ziel der Schnellabrollwege. Auf der Verliererseite seien einmal mehr die berechtigten Anliegen der betroffenen Bevölkerung.

helvknight

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Just out of interest what would the effect be of this Plafonierungs initiative passing? How much will it reduce the number of flights by?
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

ZRH
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:33 pm

Quoting Helvknight (Reply 12):
Just out of interest what would the effect be of this Plafonierungs initiative passing? How much will it reduce the number of flights by?

First of all I hope it won't be accepted. But this is an interesting question. The "Plafonierungsinitiative" is a vote in the Canton of Zurich. But as the federal authorities have the competencies to define the procedures at ZRH they are actually legally not bound to the vote. But it is of course the question what they would do after a possible positive vote.

[Edited 2007-09-25 14:34:37]

ZRH
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:42 pm

Just out of interest what would the effect be of this Plafonierungs initiative passing? How much will it reduce the number of flights by

To answer your question better. At the moment nothing. ZRH had in 2006 237,144 movements. The "Plafonierungsinitiative" wants to limit the movements to 250,000 per year. But already this or next year ZRH could come near these numbers.

ZRH
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:56 pm

And something else: the vote will be at November 25th 2007. I really asked all Swiss members over 18, living in the Canton of Zurich to vote even if you usually not vote. Vote "no" twice (also to the Gegenvorschlag). Here you can see the text if you are interested:
http://www.amtsblatt.zh.ch/root/t100.cfm?IREC=5620
As you can see the worst is not even the 250,000 movements but curfew of nine (9!!) hours.

aviationmaster

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:31 am

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 5):
Many jobs depend on ZRH airport as well!!!

Very true, but many people in the region care more about getting their 9 hours of sleep than the possibility of jobs being at risk. If this whole Plafonierungsinitiative goes through and the worst case scenario happens, you will see a huge bunch of those people who were in favour of the Initiative whining. I am pissed off at the narrowmindedness of a too large part of the population (one of the reasons as to why I am writing my Maturarbeit about "Fluglärm around Zurich" Big grin ).

HBChris

Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:37 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 15):
I really asked all Swiss members over 18, living in the Canton of Zurich to vote even if you usually not vote. Vote "no" twice (also to the Gegenvorschlag).

I sure will, even though I'm normally to lazy to go vote  Smile

I'm confident that the "Plafonierungsinitiative" will not pass, but I'm not so sure about the "Gegenvorschlag" BTW, what is the recommendation of the government/canton? Do they recommend the "Gegenvorschlag" or do they recommend 2x no?

ZRH
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:46 am

Quoting HBChris (Reply 17):
BTW, what is the recommendation of the government/canton? Do they recommend the "Gegenvorschlag" or do they recommend 2x no?

The Gegenvorschlag is from the Government (Regierungsrat). But I am against everything which could interfere the airport in anyway. Therefore it is twice "no". There is also an "if" question: if both would be accepted by the voters, which one would you like to become effective. In this case the answer is of course "Gegenvorschlag".

icna05e

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:09 am

Apparently BSL on the other hand prepared the ground for a parallel RWY, not that there would be any use for it in the foreseeable future and probably never will. As can be seen on the Noise Exposure Plan which is a document designed to control urbanisation around French airports (you probably have the same in your hilly country but I am not competent for it):

http://www.acnusa.fr/images/images-r...peb_lden_bas_def/peb_bale_lden.jpg

The curves pretty much delimit an area where aicraft departing from/landing on a Western runway would make too much noise for someone to build a house or whatever. The 16R threshold would be offset to the North of the current 16, making for an interesting taxi time for take-off. I guess a/c would overfly Bâle a little higher but I bet people from Hesingue, Blotzheim, and especially Bartenheim would looooove it.

On a side note does anyone knows if the ILS on RWY 34 is up and running yet?

Alexis

sandrozrh

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:16 am

What pisses me off is that these assholes who are behind that whole bullshit still use ZRH when goping on holidays. They should be listed and access to ZRH should be revoked aswell as to all other swiss international airports. Let's see them drive to MUC or MXP for travel.

ZRH
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:34 am

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 7):
And how is that supposed to happen? I can see a small margin towards Rümlang, which, however, would make the runway end extremely close to the town, god forbid a plane overruns that runway. And on Kloten's side? There hardly is any space, unless you wanna scrap the new highway and the houses below the glideslope, incl the BP gas station.

Here you find every answer about any possibility of runway system at ZRH (large PDF file 18.5 MB, long download depending on your connection).
http://www.bazl.admin.ch/sil/00830/0...7P1oah162apo3X1cjYh2+hoJVn6w==.pdf

And here is the page of the BAZL where you can find everything:
http://www.bazl.admin.ch/sil/00830/01038/01044/index.html?lang=de

AntonovA330

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:41 am

Quoting ZRH" class=quote target=_blank>ZRH (Reply 6):

Yes, ZRH, the new Kai Tak, where you can have a look in peoples living room Big grin

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 20):
What pisses me off is that these assholes who are behind that whole bullshit still use ZRH when goping on holidays. They should be listed and access to ZRH should be revoked aswell as to all other swiss international airports. Let's see them drive to MUC or MXP for travel.

I tell you what pisses me off (or at least makes me perplex): This whole construction work around the airport. With the new Glatttalbahn, which IMO is a waste of money par excellence, there will be houses etc. built, which should attract the region. For industrial affairs - fine. But, just as an example, look at Glattpark: The RWY34 APP leads more or less straight over their (tired) heads. I'm curious when they will start grumbling about that terrible noise, which wasn't listed on their appartment listings...
Good day to you sir! Please turn left, your seat is in the first row.

sandrozrh

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:41 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 21):
Sponsor Message:

thanks  bigthumbsup 

I imagine that if a parallel runway will be built, runway28 will be nothing else than an alternate runway for windy days, and hardly ever used.

LXA340

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:46 am

What pisses me off is that these assholes who are behind that whole bullshit still use ZRH when goping on holidays.

That's so true. In almost no other country you would have a scenario where the population could decide to reduce airport movments and harm your countrie's economic growth just because some idiots rather want to sleep at night. My god all those people living in the South including Mr. Morf (President of the VFSN = Verband Flugschneisse Sued NEIN) , or anybody else living in the airport vacinity affected by noise of arriving and departing traffic in germany, north and east of airport etc in most areas it's not that bad and come on it's cool to watch those planes Big grin Zurich needs this airport and we need to be able to grow in future that's not too hard to understand. On a side note it's already embaracing enough that Zurich didn't receive a "real" soccer stadium for the Euro 08 as the population voted against it now please please let's hope that the population will not also ruin the future of ZRH airport.

ZRH
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:57 am

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 24):
On a side note it's already embaracing enough that Zurich didn't receive a "real" soccer stadium for the Euro 08 as the population voted against it now please please let's hope that the population will not also ruin the future of ZRH airport.

To be correct, the people voted PRO stadium with a large majority but like at the airport stupid neighbors are going to court (at the moment Federal Court). But I am optimistic that a real football stadium will come, unfortunately after the EURO. The new athletic stadium Letzigrund where the EURO games will take place is very nice, but of course no real football stadium.

LXA340

Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:25 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 25):
To be correct, the people voted PRO stadium with a large majority but like at the airport stupid neighbors are going to court (at the moment Federal Court).

This is so rediciulous that things are being decided by such a little part of the population, but that's our country. Most likely it will come, still it was needed earlier. But true, the letzigrund came out really nicely but it's only an athletic stadium. The 100m runing track in the basement is quite cool  Smile

sandrozrh

Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:28 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 25):
But I am optimistic that a real football stadium will come, unfortunately after the EURO

The Euro wa sthe hwole purpose to build a new stadium. The ywon't eve rbe able to fill a 45000+ stadium with super league games, they can't even fill the new Letzi.

But anyway, that's off topic Big grin

ZRH
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:31 am

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 27):
The Euro wa sthe hwole purpose to build a new stadium. The ywon't eve rbe able to fill a 45000+ stadium with super league games, they can't even fill the new Letzi.

According to plans (5-Eck) it will be a 30000+, this is ok. But lets go back to aviation and leave this (off) topic  Wink

HBJZA

Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:02 am

bigthumbsup  I couldn't have said it any better. And I'm sure that for more than 80 % of those people, when they decided to build, buy or rent a house/flat in the area, the airport was already there.
I once had an appartement near the passing train (GVA-lausanne-GVA, more than 100 trains a day) and the noise pissed me off after a while. I simply moved away. Damn, I should have written to the SBB/CFF to make the train pass in the middle of the geneva lake or not to run during my nap time.....

agrflyer

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:45 pm

Quoting Hbjza (Reply 29):

and

Nothing else to add. I completely agree to both of you
Fall 2016: ZRH-TLV-ZRH on A3 or LX in Y, ZRH-LCY-ZRH on LX in Y
Spring 2017: ZRH-LCY-ZRH-SFO-LAS-LAX-ZRH on LX in Y,C and F

Lionel

Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:27 pm

Its not really within the topic (although more than the stadium-discussion) but I just wanted to mention that I passed my PPL skill test two days ago. So there is one noisy guy more above your heads!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Urs Ruf - Euro Airport Photography

sandrozrh

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Quoting Lionel (Reply 31):

Congratulations  bigthumbsup 

Knightsofmalta

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:50 pm

Congratulations Lionel and many happy landings!

ANITIX87

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:49 pm

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 3):
The parallel runway would be great and probably the only solution to have multi runways in use etc.

Don't they already use multiple runways? Every time I was at ZRH (four times) they were taking off on 16 and landing on 14. Is this not the most common combination?

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

LXA340

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:27 pm

Quoting ANITIX87 (Reply 34):
Don't they already use multiple runways? Every time I was at ZRH (four times) they were taking off on 16 and landing on 14. Is this not the most common combination?

I am not quite sure if they do work completely independant from each other then if a plane needs to abort take off I don't know if planes could get too close to each other. Also often Rw 28 and 16 are used for take off simultaniously however there is always a certain break after take off from each runway due to the jetstream that is produced rom engines etc. Hence I don't know why it wouldn't make sense to only have 1 runway open for take off at a time?

Lionel

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:39 pm

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 35):
I am not quite sure if they do work completely independant from each other then if a plane needs to abort take off I don't know if planes could get too close to each other.

I don't see a problem with aborting the takeoff when using runway 14 for landing and 16 for departure. BTW, is the sidestep procedure from rw 14 to 16 still used? There is a problem if a plane is performing a go around:

If a plane has to go around while landing on runway 14 it could get into the flightpath of a departing plane from runway 16 because they have to do a left turn right after takeoff. As far as I know there already have been nearmisses that way.

LXA340

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:46 pm

Quoting Lionel (Reply 36):

I don't see a problem with aborting the takeoff when using runway 14 for landing and 16 for departure. BTW, is the sidestep procedure from rw 14 to 16 still used? There is a problem if a plane is performing a go around:

sorry my mistake, I meant if a plane aboarts landing on 14, there are no take off's from 14 anyhow. So yeah, exactly what you said then, that's what I meant. Also congrats for your license

Why can't planes take a right tunr after take off from 16, wouldn't they have a similar path then as when flghts take off from 28 by making a 90 degree turn fly straight for a while and then make a 180 degree left turn when reaching a certain altitude ?

[Edited 2007-09-26 16:49:08]

sandrozrh

Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:17 am

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 37):
Why can't planes take a right tunr after take off from 16

Because the Goldküste Snobs want to do their Siesta  Yeah sure

Lionel

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:48 am

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 38):

Because the Goldkueste Snobs want to do their Siesta

The Goldkueste is in the south of the airport and has nothing to do with this discussion. And by the way, I don't want to see a A340 "climbing" over Zueriberg because I think it just wouldn't make it. The question still is if the only reason for the left turn instead of a right turn is the traffic from runway 28.

LXA340

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:05 am

Quoting Lionel (Reply 39):
The question still is if the only reason for the left turn instead of a right turn is the traffic from runway 28.

As departures don't happen simultnaiously I doubt it. With a sharp right turn you get pretty easily into the same departure path as from departure from 28 and by the time the next departure from 28 takes place the plane is already out of the way and yeah it wouldn't go over "Goldkuesten" territrory Big grin however if right turn wouldn't be sharp enough directly over downtown zurich. Also what is the point of the extended left turn which is taking place ocasionally now out of runway 16?

sandrozrh

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:37 am

The Goldkueste is in the south of the airport and has nothing to do with this discussion.

Ah I missed the right turn part there. If they'd go straight, they'd cross over the Goldküste. Anyway, if they do a right turn, they'd cross over Oerlikon and so the question raises:

And by the way, I don't want to see a A340 "climbing" over Zueriberg because I think it just wouldn't make it.

What about the Swissotel in Oerlikon?

felixZRH

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:03 am

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 41):
What about the Swisshotel in Oerlikon?

I don't see here a problem. More of a problem would be the Sunrise-Tower http://map.search.ch/zuerich/andreasstr.65 which is higher and closer to the airport. But still even the slowest climbing A340 should easily make it to that height.
But if a south departure right turn would be established I would live http://map.search.ch/8050-zuerich/tramstr.6 right under the flight route (and would become a NIMBY Big grin )

Greets from Oerlikon
Felix

sandrozrh

Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:32 pm

Quoting FelixZRH (Reply 42):

Big grin Or they can just slalom around the sunrise tower and the swissotel on departure.

btw, you live very close to a friend of mine!

LXA340

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:00 am

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 43):
Big grin Or they can just slalom around the sunrise tower and the swissotel on departure.

We just need to get a new parallel runway to 16 - 34 and operate 24/7 with no restrictions of right, left and straight direction and ignore what the population says and grow to maximum capacity...lol dream dream dream

LXA340

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:54 am

JNB flight was cancelled last night and postponed to this noon. Also LX014 to JFK (HB/IQH) was delayed from 13:00 to 20:00 did the plane go tech yesterday or is some maintanance work being done to it which will first be done tonight? Also can somebody check if LX254/5 will be operated by A340 tomorow or if there will be a short notice equipment change to A32S, thanks.

Knightsofmalta

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:58 am

JMI had a fuel leakage at ZRH last night.

LXA340

Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:05 am

Quoting Knightsofmalta (Reply 46):
JMI had a fuel leakage at ZRH last night.

Oh, so that's why the flight was cancelled. JMI is still in ZRH then I gues? It's scheduled to go to TLV and GRU / SCL tomorow. Hope there are no complications with the repairs so they will not downgrade it to A32S. No IFE etc, a bit boring on a 4 hour flight  Smile

[Edited 2007-09-28 19:07:55]

Knightsofmalta

Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:32 am

Hi LX340

Fortunately I managed to retrieve the e-mail from my deleted items! The flight left today at UTC 10h30 as LX7288/7289 and is expected back tomorrow at 09h45 UTC. But this shouldn't really effect the TLV flight even if that leaves two hours before JMI is due back. The good thing about JNB is that when something goes wrong, you can more or less bring back the entire long-haul schedule within a matter of 24 hours just by doing a bit of swapping. So it probably still will be an A. 340 but just not JMI.

Let's put it this way, no aircraft change is forseen for TLV for tomorrow. Hope that helps!

LXA340

Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:46 am

Quoting Knightsofmalta (Reply 48):

Thanks for the info Knightsofmalta. True JNB is very helpfull to bring schedule back on track. Let's hope no other plane goes tech in the meanwhile.