shane

Emirates Economy - Advance Seat Assignments

Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:04 am

Hello,

I'm posting this question for a friend who has tickets in Economy on Emirates LHR - DXB - DEL then back DEL - DXB - JFK. He plans to earn UA Mileage Plus miles for this trip. But when trying to get advance seat assignments, EK denied the request saying he must be a member of their mileage program to do so.

Here's my question: What if he signs up for the Emirates "Skywards" program, gets his seats assigned, then when checking in, he asks to have is frequent flyer number changed to the UA Mileage Plus account? In my experience, this wouldn't be a problem on most carriers, but I have no experience with EK.

Of course the concern is that they'll refuse and force him to get the Emirates miles which he'll never use...

What do you all think?

-S

OA260

RE: Emirates Economy - Advance Seat Assignments

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:06 am

Quoting Shane (Thread starter):
What do you all think?

Well I would risk it . Once seat assignments were made they could call up the next day and get the FF number changed. Also at check in they could show the UA card and make sure it came out on the boarding cards. If not they could get them to re issue them with the correct number on .

I have never had any issues getting FF numbers changed when there has been another in the booking.

shane

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:38 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 1):
I have never had any issues getting FF numbers changed when there has been another in the booking.

That's been my experience as well, but apparently the Emirates agent on the phone was quite strict on this rule. I was hoping to hear from someone with direct experience with the airline...

Birdwatching

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:21 am

When I flew FRA-DXB-JNB and back about a year ago, I could even change my seats online on a seat map - is this no longer possible? My tickets were not even purchased on the web site but on Orbitz.

Soren  santahat 
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

jr

Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:44 am

I flew EK a couple of years back and had the miles credited to my CO one pass account. I don't have an EK FF account, and it worked ok. Not sure what has changed between then and now.
I've flown on 9V-SPK.

Nimish

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:46 pm

I'm in the exact same situation and here's what I did:

1. Created a EK Skywards account
2. Called EK reservations and added my Skywards number - then requested seats
3. Called EK reservations a day later and asked to change my FFP number to my CO onepass number. They initially said it's not possible to change it, but after a little persuasion they transferred me to their Skywards service center, where the lady quickly changed my FFP to CO.
4. I now see my CO FFP on the booking (online on Emirates.com) and see my seat assignments as well  Smile

Of course, my flights are starting 9th October, so it's only after I fly and see the miles on CO that I can be sure this worked.
Incredible India!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos