AA7295
Topic Author

How To Use SeatCounter.com?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to use www.seatcounter.com? When you search for a particular flight it comes up with A-Z booking class. What does this mean? I thought there was only three booking classes (F,Y,J oh and Singapore Airlines new R class) So what does say B class mean?. Also under the A-Z class index, there are numbers from 1-9 with a digit displayed. What does this mean?

Basically I'm trying to learn how to interpret it, and the website does not mention how to do it.

Regards,
AA7295

aussie747

RE: How To Use SeatCounter.com?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:43 pm

R A F Z P - SQ First Class booking classes
C J D - SQ Business class booking classes
Y B M W E H Q N V T S L K - SQ Economy class booking classes

Each of these classes represent a different yield / type of fare

AlexPorter

RE: How To Use SeatCounter.com?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:58 pm

1 through 9 means the number of seats left per fare class, with 9 meaning 9+ as it doesn't display more than 9. The fare classes aren't mutually exclusive - for instance if a flight shows 9 in T, then it will show 9 for all higher economy fares. However, if K is lowest, T is a bit higher, and Y is full, it might say 0 for K, 5 for T, and 9 for Y. To see the number of actual Y seats available, look at the Y number. Same concept for other classes - the full fare figure is the one with the actual number of seats left. If it says 9, then 9 or more seats are available in that class.
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008