travelin man

Forbes: America's Worst Airline Is....

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:12 am

Atlantic Southeast Airlines (Delta Connection).

On-time performance: 63.3% (worst)

Baggage mishandling: 16.9 per 1,000 passengers (worst)

Cancellations: 4.4% (second worst)

http://www.forbes.com/2007/09/26/air...s-cx_rm_tvr_0927worstairlines.html

The other "winners":
2. Comair (a division of Delta Air Lines)
3. American Eagle (a division of American Airlines)
4. ExpressJet Airlines
5. US Airways
6. American Airlines
7. Mesa Airlines
8. Delta Air Lines
9. United Airlines
10. Alaska Airlines

Not on the list (I guess "good" airlines in terms of on time performance, baggage handling, and cancellations):
Southwest
Northwest
JetBlue
Continental
Midwest
Aloha
Hawaiian
Skywest
Frontier

LAXspotter

RE: Forbes: America's Worst Airline Is....

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:15 am

ASA and Comair, and they fly mostly for Delta, man that really sucks for Delta then. Mesa is a shocker, didnt expect them to be there. NW, B6, CO are some surprises too. B6 ontime rates are probably hurt from operating at JFK correct? and NW customer satisfaction ive heard was rather low, and CO altho service is thought to be amongst the best, ive hear their ontime rates are probably low due to EWR and IAH hubs.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

travelin man

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:28 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 1):
NW, B6, CO are some surprises too. B6 ontime rates are probably hurt from operating at JFK correct? and NW customer satisfaction ive heard was rather low, and CO altho service is thought to be amongst the best, ive hear their ontime rates are probably low due to EWR and IAH hubs.

Those airlines were NOT on the "worst list".

AlexPorter

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:32 am

ExpressJet is probably mostly hurt by being a regional at Newark - they get affected the most by the delays there, as mainline probably gets priority. A lot of other regionals get hurt by getting cancelled a lot - in case of traffic restrictions, again mainline flights tend to get priority.
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008

AF340

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:51 am

What about NW's Summer of Hell or whatever that was? That was better than UA? I guess we can't rip on NW as much anymore, well at least for on time performance, baggage handling, and cancellations.

Congrats:

Southwest
JetBlue
Continental
Midwest
Aloha
Hawaiian
Skywest
Frontier

AF340

yowza

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:02 am

Any idea where I could get some more details? I am really curious to see where Shuttle America ranks in here. I was on a DEN-YYZ hop with them last Friday and frankly they were appalling. Simple appalling:
- Brash, noisy staff.
- Constant stream of unneeded announcements
- Tatty looking interior (already!!!) on an Ejet!

How could anyone given a real choice choose them over say AC on DEN-YYZ? Ridiculous decision on my part...

YOWza

Tornado82

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:06 am

When ExpressJet ranks worse than US Mainline or Mesa, there's something amiss here.

gigneil

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:07 am

ASA and Comair, and they fly mostly for Delta, man that really sucks for Delta then.

Its worth considering their ontime performance is as a RESULT of Delta.

NS

LAXspotter

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:10 am

Quoting Travelin man (Reply 2):
Those airlines were NOT on the "worst list".

yes, that why I'm surprised to seem them on the good side, LOL.

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 7):

so, youre saying DL mainline flights are causing this? ASA operates mainly out of ATL right? and Comair out of CVG correct?
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

IAHFLYR

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:20 am

CO altho service is thought to be amongst the best, ive hear their ontime rates are probably low due to EWR and IAH hubs

I may be somewhat partial to having IAH be on your list poor for on time rates........yes, at times the thunderstorms kill the airport on time, however I believe you'll find IAH on time percentages over the course of a year to be listed quite a bit above most airports. Could be wrong but don't think so.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

CitrusCritter

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:23 am

Quoting Travelin man (Thread starter):
Southwest
Northwest
JetBlue
Continental
Midwest
Aloha
Hawaiian
Skywest
Frontier

Don't forget AirTran, who tends to be ranked in the Top 5 on the "good" side.

travelin man

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:33 am

Quoting CitrusCritter (Reply 10):

Ah yes, AirTran! I knew I was forgetting somebody (I probably forgot a few commuter airlines as well).

seabosdca

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:35 am

So if you want to make your airline better, just put "west" in the name?  Silly

IAHFLYR

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:02 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 9):
I believe you'll find IAH on time percentages over the course of a year to be listed quite a bit above most airports. Could be wrong but don't think so.

http://www.bts.gov/xml/ontimetables/src/jantomostrecentmonth.xml

Cool
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

phollingsworth

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:06 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 8):
so, youre saying DL mainline flights are causing this? ASA operates mainly out of ATL right? and Comair out of CVG correct?

Yup, DL's dispatchers will basically hold EV flights when ATL is AAR limited to keep the big metal as close to on-time as possible. The problem with OH, and EV to some extent, is not CVG but JFK. CVG is consistently one of the best on-time airports. The problem is that OH and EV at JFK are consistently hammered by DL. As for EVs baggage misshandeling, it is atrocious, part of the problem was that they would routinely send bags to the wrong carousel in ATL. The data is for the year ending July 31. DL took over ground handeling of EV in ATL towards the end of this period, if you look at the DOT numbers you can check if there was any improvement.

deltal1011man

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:15 am

ASA and Comair, and they fly mostly for Delta, man that really sucks for Delta then. Mesa is a shocker, didnt expect them to be there. NW, B6, CO are some surprises too. B6 ontime rates are probably hurt from operating at JFK correct? and NW customer satisfaction ive heard was rather low, and CO altho service is thought to be amongst the best, ive hear their ontime rates are probably low due to EWR and IAH hubs.

OH and EV only fly for DL and DL owns OH

EV and OH also have hubs in JFK
New airliners.net web site sucks.

caetravlr

Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:28 am

Mesa is a shocker, didnt expect them to be there.

Dude, have you ever actually flown Mesa? Maybe my experiences are more of the exception than the rule, but they have messed up my schedule when connecting in IAD more times than I care to remember. Unfortunately, my only Star Alliance options out of CAE are Mesa or one of the US Airways Express carriers. I connect in IAD every week and my UA flights are almost always on time while my Mesa flights are generally running late.

However, based on their rankings, I would guess that my experiences with them are not completely uncommon. Their CRJ200s are also starting to frighten me a little bit the way they look.

On the positive side, I have very rarely had a baggage loss when going between them and UA. It has happened, but not often.
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

LawnDart

Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:29 am

A couple of quotes out of the Forbes article:

"Atlantic Southeast Airlines, a former Delta unit that still has working agreements for baggage and other ground operations with its former parent in Atlanta, " (not to mention passenger carrying responsibilities...duh)

"Right behind are Delta’s low-fare subsidiary Comair, " (The new Song...)

Gee, I though Forbes was the ultimate source when it came to reporting airline business news...

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 7):

Huh?

so, youre saying DL mainline flights are causing this?

Quoting Phollingsworth (Reply 14):
Yup, DL's dispatchers will basically hold EV flights when ATL is AAR limited to keep the big metal as close to on-time as possible.

My apologies for the rudeness I'm about to display, Phollingsworth, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

steeler83

Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:35 am

Quoting Travelin man (Reply 11):
Quoting CitrusCritter (Reply 10):

Ah yes, AirTran! I knew I was forgetting somebody (I probably forgot a few commuter airlines as well).

I was wondering what happened with Airtran as well. I have been hearing some good things about them, besides them adding two more destinations from PIT!  Smile
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

allstarflyer

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:02 am

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 6):
When ExpressJet ranks worse than US Mainline or Mesa, there's something amiss here.

Price paid, perhaps, for operating their own metal independently.

Quoting DeltaL1011man (Reply 15):

ouch  Anytime you're flying through JFK, take 2 minutes and check out the FAA's OIS webpage. Shocking it is that JetBlue can perform well enough to end up on the "good" list while operating out of that weekday afternoon nightmare. It's surprising also that CO is on the good list, because IAH has rough weather in the morning, and EWR has rough traffic at night.
Living the American Dream

CitrusCritter

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:05 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 19):
Price paid, perhaps, for operating their own metal independently.

No, each regional is ranked for all of their operations, even if it is a flight for a mainline carrier. XE dba Continental Express factors in the same as the independent branded ops.

usairways787

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:21 pm

I remember how upset I was having to fly a CRJ-900 from DFW - DCA worst flight of my life there. The apu was broken, and there was no air conditioning. The service and flight attendant's were very poor, you could tell they didn't enjoy their job, it took them well over an hour to serve 20 passengers. After having to fly them back home, I must say I will never once again fly ASA. the flight was delayed for an unknown reason, couldn't have been weather in either areas. Now I understand maintenance is a factor in this, I will admit once we got to a higher altitude it eventually made it much more comfortable, but to put a CRJ on a 1096NM stretch is just unsatisfactory, but if you do atleast make sure you have enough food, and drinks to feed the passengers for God's sake.
"Pre departure walk around complete, all doors closed, ready for pushback"

BAC111

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:33 pm

checkmark 

Just flew Citrus r/t BWI to BOS yesterday, both legs arrived 10 mins EARLY. Their terminal area in BOS is lame, but on-time is big.

flyboy97502

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:42 pm

10. Alaska Airlines

Not on the list (I guess "good" airlines in terms of on time performance, baggage handling, and cancellations):

Aloha
Hawaiian

The article mentions these 2 as being #'s 1 and 2 for "as two of the best carriers in the country in on-time performance and efficient baggage handling" - From Forbes.com America's Worst Airlines

I see that AS is in the 10 spot, but i didn't however see any mention of her sister company and often # 3 on the D.O.T close behind HA and AQ.
SKYHIGH Airlines- It's important that we get the SkyHigh message out there. That message? Thank you for your money.

skymiler

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:04 pm

EV is totally atrocious, especially during the summer in TLH when the mainline aircraft are replaced by RJ's. Last year, one of the flights was on time only once that month. This, over the years, (and I have been flying DL since 1973, so I know what CAN be done), has cost me many days of lost business time and now I totally avoid them.

The problems create a very hostile situation for a wonderful DL staff at TLH, and they are very frustrated with the situation.

I "book away" from EV and will not let my staff fly on them due to their poor performance (no safety implications). If I need to be somewhere I drive to JAX (cheap 1 way rental car) and go mainline. I have even discussed this both in writing and in person with DL senior management, but we have endured miserable summers for 4 years now, due to EV, and there is no solution in sight.

In fairness, it is an equipment issue -- not enough PAX for an MD-88 but too many for an RJ, so multiple RJ's are used (which clogs airspace as well). An aircraft like the old 737-200, IMHO, would be a perfect size fit ..

Luckily we have the mainline service back now ..
I love to fly, and it shows!

floridaflyboy

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:29 pm

Quoting Skymiler (Reply 24):
EV is totally atrocious

That's the truth!!! I kind of thought that the SkyWest acquisition might set them straight, but things seem to have just continued to get worse at EV.

I "book away" from EV and will not let my staff fly on them due to their poor performance (no safety implications).

I try to do that, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me. The schedule at DAB is like a turntable. The same flight might switch from mainline to EV to mainline several times in one year. Seems like it never fails that as soon as I book my ticket for a nice mainline flight out of/into DAB, it gets switched to ASA like a month later.
Good goes around!

skymiler

Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:34 pm

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 25):
That's the truth!!! I kind of thought that the SkyWest acquisition might set them straight, but things seem to have just continued to get worse at EV.

I even wrote to SkyWest about this and never even had the courtesy of a reply. At least DL has always replied when I raise concerns, not always with what I wanted to hear, and on one occasion the CEO (Leo Mullin !!) called me and wrote to me personally to discuss it.

I HAD (past tense) high hopes that SkyWest would be a saviour ... (SIGH)

xjramper

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:06 pm

Quoting USAirways787 (Reply 21):
I remember how upset I was having to fly a CRJ-900 from DFW - DCA

Quoting USAirways787 (Reply 21):
After having to fly them back home, I must say I will never once again fly ASA

ASA does not operate the CRJ-900. And ASA does not have a route from DFW to DCA. I am going to say you were on a Mesa Aircraft.

The problems create a very hostile situation for a wonderful DL staff at TLH, and they are very frustrated with the situation.

Same for the DAB team.

It should say something when multiple ASA pilots jump seating, would rather go up 3-4 hours early to avoid their own metal, just so they can arrive on time, should tell ya something.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

masseybrown

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:25 pm

Seems odd that Forbes would peg Delta at 75% on time and Atlantic Southeast at 63% ontime while the BTS airport list cited by IAHFLYR lists ATL at 79% ontime. Hmmmm.....

AirTran's numbers must be terrific.

UnknownUser

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:36 pm

Mesa is a shocker, didnt expect them to be there.

You're joking, right?
Die Skybus!!! You need to die for the good of the industry!

gigneil

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:25 am

Quoting LawnDart (Reply 17):
Huh?

Its very possible that ASA and Comair's ontime performance were related to Delta requesting or requiring they hold flights, either for passengers or to let Delta aircraft get out on the field and off the runway ahead of theirs.

Very common, United was notorious for this with AWAC.

NS

dbo861

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:26 am

The problem is that OH and EV at JFK are consistently hammered by DL.

Quoting DeltaL1011man (Reply 15):

ASA doesn't have a hub at JFK...I don't think I've ever seen an ASA aircraft at JFK.

UN_B732

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:37 am

I think ASA might fly one round-trip ATL-JFK, but that's about it.

Comair does have huge ops at JFK that are irreliable, however, thanks not only to Comair's operation, but primarily to ATC.
-A
What now?

Pope

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:43 am

From a traveller who is based in GNV and therefore has very little choice:

ASA = America's Shittiest Airline
ASA = Always Stuck in Atlanta

In the past year I've had no less than 5 ATL to GNV flights cancelled in addition to the 6 that were delayed by more than 2 hours. It's gotten so bad that on my regular (every two months) trips to Europe I now drive from GNV to ATL leave my car in ATL and then fly DL across the pond. It's a pain in the ass but there are at least 10 times in the past five years that I've arrived in ATL having travelled for more than 8 hours only to be delayed in ATL for over 6 hours (it takes about 5 hours to drive from ATL to GNV). This way I'm sure that I arrive at a time certain back home.

ASA is an absolute disgrace as an airline.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

skymiler

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:53 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 33):
I now drive from GNV to ATL leave my car in ATL and then fly DL across the pond

Try JAX -- a bit closer and the fares are VERY good, if you catch them right, plus mainline all the way, even with the connection in ATL!!

tinpusher007

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:57 am

Quoting LawnDart (Reply 17):
Yup, DL's dispatchers will basically hold EV flights when ATL is AAR limited to keep the big metal as close to on-time as possible.

My apologies for the rudeness I'm about to display, Phollingsworth, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

I think he knows quite well what he's talking about...there is truth to what he said. The company does indeed work with ATC to decide which flights they would like to let go. Ive seen it happen before.

Quoting UN_B732 (Reply 32):
Comair does have huge ops at JFK that are irreliable, however, thanks not only to Comair's operation, but primarily to ATC.

The JFK situation really isn't OH's fault. They run a tight ship at CVG. The problem is the facilities or lack thereof that operate out of. The clogged alley ways by terminals 2 and 3 that can really only allow one a/c in or out at a time. And finally, while Im all for DL growing in NY, the delays that they experience by scheduling flights the way they do through those old terminals which can't handle it compounds the problem, not ATC per se.
"Flying isn't inherently dangerous...but very unforgiving of carelessness, incapacity or neglect."

ABQopsHP

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:30 am

XEs "Branded" operation ran a high ontime performance and completion factor all summer long. But the contract flying for both CO and DL through the respective hubs of EWR, IAH, and LAX brought down the numbers, because of ATC or WX. Also weight restrictions, and the need for extra fuel, did not help. Back to the Branded operation.....it runs mostly point to point, so it kept clear of many of the ATC and weather problems that impacted metro areas.
ABQ ops, Cactus 202 requesting you order 5 Green Chile Chicken stew for us to p/u on arrival. ;)

floridaflyboy

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:38 am

Quoting Skymiler (Reply 26):
I HAD (past tense) high hopes that SkyWest would be a saviour ... (SIGH)

Yeah, I agree. SkyWest does such a wonderful job out west that I thought there was definitely some hope. Unfortunately, it seems like SkyWest, inc. upper management pretty much lets ASA run itself without too much intervention.
Good goes around!

AApilot2b

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:46 am

The US Airways/America West conglomerate is easily the worst. Remember America Worst and US Scareways? I quit flying with them four years a go. It doesn't matter if the tickets are cheaper. Everytime I flew with them, a flight was hugely delayed (due to scheduling issues), or had to make an unscheduled plane change, lost luggage, crappy service, A320s with broken cargo doors, the list goes on.... I can't beleive I flew with them as much as I did. I kept trying to give them another chance and finally decided no more. They should have been allowed to go bankrupt.

JRDC930

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:47 am

Love it. confirms my belief in the superiority of the LCC's and the miserly lack of interest in customer performance and customer service of the Legacy's.  Smile  Smile Makes my day. Too bad these reports dont affect consumer descisions.  Sad
U.S. Legacy carriers,STILL leaders in lowering industry standards...

Pope

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:59 am

Quoting Skymiler (Reply 34):
Try JAX -- a bit closer and the fares are VERY good, if you catch them right, plus mainline all the way, even with the connection in ATL!!

The drive to JAX is 1.5 hours without traffic. Also ATL - JAX flights are often late. As such, I'd rather take the certain 5 hours than the possibility that (if everything goes perfectly) I save 3.5 hours at the most. I used to really like flying out of JAX before they re-did the security checkpoint. One negative to JAX, though it doesn't really ever affect me is that it can take a ridiculously long time to get bags from the plane to the baggage claim.

MCO is also an alternative I use but that doesn't change the fact that ASA still sucks.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

YULWinterSkies

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:54 am

No surprise again to see US as worst mainline. Concerning ASA and baggage mishandling, they are on my list too. They did not load any of my 2 bags on the only flight i took on them out of the gigantic airport of BTV. How to lose bags there is a mystery to me...
When I doubt... go running!

SkyyMaster

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:32 am

Quoting YULWinterSkies (Reply 41):
No surprise again to see US as worst mainline.

None here either, although it ought to be a big problem to Parker and company. Into the third year of a merger and they still have not gotten it right, and it does not appear they are even remotely close to doing so, despite finally merging certificates. Sooner or later US has to face the music that they are still the same airline the east operation was before the merger with the same problems and the same lame excuses. Instead of pursuing a foolish merger with Delta, Parker should have been doing something to make his airline more acceptable to the flying public. They will retain a certain market share simply because they hold quite a few destinations hostage as the only airline, but that does not mean it will make their pax OR employees any happier. They are failing miserably on both accounts.

Analog

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:40 am

Quoting CitrusCritter (Reply 20):

No, each regional is ranked for all of their operations, even if it is a flight for a mainline carrier. XE dba Continental Express factors in the same as the independent branded ops.

These lists are somewhat silly, since you can't buy a ticket on ASA (can you?). What matters to most customers is the airline as a whole, which (in most peoples' minds) includes the regionals.

It would be better to rank delays/cancellations, etc. by the airline code on the flight (or the airline whose stock the ticket is on). The airlines, in general, should be responsible for all flights on which they put their code. If you put your code on a flight that's canceled 50% of the time, you should bear some responsibility for that (in the rankings).

phollingsworth

Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:18 am

Quoting TinPusher007 (Reply 35):
I think he knows quite well what he's talking about...there is truth to what he said. The company does indeed work with ATC to decide which flights they would like to let go. Ive seen it happen before.

Every major airline does this. It is not really a secret. It is also no uncommon to look at the arrival and departure boards here in ATL when there is weather and notice that DL flights are minorly delayed by EV flights take major ones. Some of this is attributable to equipment differences but a lot is due to dispatching. From everything I understand DL controls EV's dispatching in ATL

tinpusher007

Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:36 am

Quoting Phollingsworth (Reply 44):
Every major airline does this. It is not really a secret. It is also no uncommon to look at the arrival and departure boards here in ATL when there is weather and notice that DL flights are minorly delayed by EV flights take major ones. Some of this is attributable to equipment differences but a lot is due to dispatching. From everything I understand DL controls EV's dispatching in ATL

You are correct. I know its not a secret and so do you obviously, but apparently Lawndart doesn't.
"Flying isn't inherently dangerous...but very unforgiving of carelessness, incapacity or neglect."

RedneckPieLit

Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:59 am

Alright folks. Here's what's wrong with the ol' Acey, and if anybody here's from Atlanta, you know exactly what I'm talking about already: ATLANTA WORK ETHIC - There ain't none. The pilots, flight attendants, dispatchers, and mechanics all do their jobs and then some. But EV has absolutely no ground support in ATL. Ya call for a lav. dump, ya ain't gettin' one for an hour or so. You gotta chase down the fuelers, and you might get lucky with catering. The ATL operation KILLS any chance EV has of getting anywhere on time. Then when you do ask for something... or should I say "ax" for something... you get an attitude. (Same attitude you get at all of the airport shops for anyone traveling through ATL). For anyone traveling through ATL any time soon, go down to Concourse C and just take a good look. You'll see more people sitting than working. So, for anybody wanting to know why EV sucks so bad, well, there's your no B.S. answer right there. There's really nothing Delta or anybody can do about it. It's just how the south is!  Angry

-Redneck Pie Lit

renfnl

Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:20 am

Southwest
Northwest
JetBlue
Continental
Midwest
Aloha
Hawaiian
Skywest
Frontier

From that end of the list (albiet a different source):

Rank -Name -Score
1 Midwest Airlines 77.13
2 JetBlue Airways 72.45
3 Hawaiian Airlines 66.11
4 USA 3000 Airlines 63.28
5 Aloha Airlines 62.64
6 Frontier Airlines 62.53
7 Sun Country Airlines 62.52
8 Alaska Airlines 62.16
9 Southwest Airlines 61.73
10 Horizon Air 59.86

http://www.travelandleisure.com/worl...lts.cfm?cat=othercairlinesdomestic

tinpusher007

Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:23 am

Quoting RedneckPieLit (Reply 46):
Alright folks. Here's what's wrong with the ol' Acey, and if anybody here's from Atlanta, you know exactly what I'm talking about already: ATLANTA WORK ETHIC - There ain't none. The pilots, flight attendants, dispatchers, and mechanics all do their jobs and then some. But EV has absolutely no ground support in ATL. Ya call for a lav. dump, ya ain't gettin' one for an hour or so. You gotta chase down the fuelers, and you might get lucky with catering. The ATL operation KILLS any chance EV has of getting anywhere on time. Then when you do ask for something... or should I say "ax" for something... you get an attitude. (Same attitude you get at all of the airport shops for anyone traveling through ATL). For anyone traveling through ATL any time soon, go down to Concourse C and just take a good look. You'll see more people sitting than working. So, for anybody wanting to know why EV sucks so bad, well, there's your no B.S. answer right there. There's really nothing Delta or anybody can do about it. It's just how the south is!

-Redneck Pie Lit

I agree with you to an extent, but the attitude you speak of isn't just how things are done in the south because obviously DL mainline and FL ground ops don't operate like that. But you are correct that much of ASA problem is that they do not have good ground support in ATL...AT ALL! DL tried buying them before, selling them to SKW and now as I understand, DL has taken over ASA's ground and gate ops, albeit with the same employees, now just employed directly by DL, IINM. I don't know what it will take, but ASA is still not fixed.

SkyyMaster

Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:24 am

Quoting Renfnl (Reply 47):
From that end of the list (albiet a different source):

What is the point of your listing if it quotes a source other than the one given in the thread starter? Everyone has a list and I dare say no two are alike. Your list is OK, but you can't compare it line for line to the Forbes list. If you are going to publish a list, give us the bottom feeders of the list you are referring to for a better comparison to the one mentioned in this thread.