twal10114ever

Impressed Once Again By AA Eagle F/A's

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:29 pm

I know many of you know me for being critical of AA's mainline service and that hasn't changed, it still stinks. Case in point, today on a 1 hour 15 minute flight we were offered a cuplet of OJ or Apple Juice, water or coffee from DFW-MCI. I KNOW it wasn't the flight crew who made that decision, but AA once again shows it could care less about its inflight product.

However on my connection from MCI-RDU (ER3 on Eagle), the flight attendant was probably the BEST F/A I've ever encountered. Some may argue that it is easier to serve 37 passengers than 120 and while that IS true, this one was WAY above and beyond. Right after take-off she was in the aisle (within 10 minutes) handing out drinks and providing the whole can if you ordered a soda. She came through immediately to pick up trash which is always nice. What was nice and refreshing was the fact that every 10 minutes (and I'm not exagerating here), she walked through the cabin to check on the passengers. Not once did she sit down to do her crossword or read her book. She constantly was asking passengers "are you hot or cold? I can adjust the temperature." Then about an hour into the two-hour flight she was back for more drinks. She also came through before takeoff with her own personal stack of magazines asking if anyone wanted something to read.........when was the last time you had that from a F/A?

F/A's at regional airlines sometimes get a reputation for being sub-standard. While that may be true at some regional airlines, I have to say the F/A's at AA Eagle have always impressed me. Maybe I've just gotten lucky in the thousands of miles I travel each year, but I have yet to encounter one who provides anything but excellent service.

Just my $.02

deltaflyertoo

RE: Impressed Once Again By AA Eagle F/A's

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:47 pm

I too have actually noticed a dramatic difference on EAGLE flights in regards to the flight attendants. THey are def. more smiley, service and comfort oriented. Had one a few months ago, think her name was Louis, an older woman that couldn't have been more thrilled to be on that flight! Don't know if its the recruitment on the EAGLE side? Or if its a function of just a smaller plane=less carry ons and less pax issues that in long run=happier crews?

seabosdca

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:29 pm

I would agree that I've had consistently good service on my recent Eagle flights (I've done 12 Eagle legs in the last few months). Not just the F/As, but also the flight crews, seem to be friendly and cheerful. Both the service and the ERJ with its single seat are considerably superior, IMHO, to the competing US A319 experience.

UN_B732

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:52 pm

I wish you weren't fly Eagle on MCI-RDU, a route started just to spite Xjet..

but I agree, regional F/As are often really good, even when they are treated so much worse than their mainline counterparts.
What now?