pzurita1

Flying To Uzbekistan And Caucasus

Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:53 pm

I am preparing a trip for next September to Uzbekistan.
I would take Uzbekistan flight from NYC to TAS. The flight has a stopover in RIX. Does anyone know if it is posible to do a stay in Riga for some days and take the second leg afterwards?

I also want to visit the Caucasus in the same trip. I know it is far from Uzbekistan but it is much more closer than doing it in a second trip from Mexico (my homecountry). So, anyone knows of airservices between TAS and Georgia or Armenia? I have not been able to find any..

Moreover, how can I buy Uzbekistan air tickets if they do not have an online facility in their website?

Cheers, and any comments from people living in Uzbekistan and the Caucasus will be very much appreciated.

pZ
Next flight: IAH-DBX-MRU-ANT

RAFVC10

RE: Flying To Uzbekistan And Caucasus

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:52 am

Hola Pzurita1,

nice to read from you again...

About your question if there any chance to have an stopover at RIX in your flight to TAS, the answer is: depend the class and the restrictions you will buy it. Riga is a beautiful city but not to spend, in my opinion (sorry for this comment to all the Latvian members of this forum) more than two days.

About to fly to Georgia, until few months ago, there are not any direct flights until a new scheduled flights were announced by Tbilaviamsheni Georgia flying from TBS to TAS twice a week with both YK4 and TU3 (in old Aeroflot colours).

These planes has totally refurbished interiors and, as my job colleagues said me, they had had a very pleasant flights. From Tbilisi you can fly in any Armavia plane to Yerevan, normally operated with YK2 equipment.

And, finally, to answer your question about how to purchase your HY flight ticket, must to say that Uzbekistan Airways is an IATA airline, so you can buy your ticket in any travel agency.

Hope my comments will help you.

Have a nice stay there.

Gerard
El dia que los gilipollas vuelen, no podremos ver la luz del sol!

levg79

RE: Flying To Uzbekistan And Caucasus

Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:57 pm

Quoting RAFVC10 (Reply 1):
Riga is a beautiful city but not to spend, in my opinion (sorry for this comment to all the Latvian members of this forum) more than two days.

It actually depends on how much you want to see and the time of the year. To see the Old Town by itself one day would be enough but if you want to see the whole city, you might need another few days. In addition, if you go during the summer, you have to go to Jurmala (pronounced Yurmala), which is a resort town located next to Riga. It's a must but only during the summer so expect to spend at least 2 days there on a good weather.

With that being said, keep in mind that HY JFK-RIX-TAS flight operates twice a week during the summer months and once a week during winter (unless the schedule changed). So let's say you take a Thursday flight out of JFK and arrive to RIX friday morning. The next HY flight out of RIX will be on Monday morning. If you think that the weekend in RIX is all you need, as RAFVC10 pointed out, then I guess it will work out for you.

To get a feel of what Latvia looks like, read the report about my latest trip: My Latvia Trip (lots Of Pix) (by Levg79 Sep 13 2007 in Trip Reports)

Leo.
A mile of runway takes you to the world. A mile of highway takes you a mile.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos