blueflyer

Conoco Air

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:11 pm

So I'm due to take a ride way up North in Alaska (first time) on a Conoco flight later this week and I don't know where to report at ANC. I was supposed to get that information from my travel dept which was supposed to get it from Conoco Air (at least that's what I call it) and for some reason no one can quite explain clearly, it's not coming and I don't feel like landing in ANC and wandering around until I accidentally find it, or freeze to death trying to.

(And I somehow don't think it's as simple as the solution preferred by my travel dept: just fly out there and look for the check-in counter in the departure hall - what if they're not in the departure hall)
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has no clothes.

IAHFLYR

RE: Conoco Air

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:24 pm

Conoco Air? You mean Conoco Phillips Oil/Gas Company? If so they do run employee shuttles in a corporate E135 from Houston to a couple of places in Oklahoma 2 times a day but not sure if that is who you are asking about or not?
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

blueflyer

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:35 pm

Yes, that Conoco, but the flight in question is one of many the company operates from ANC to places further North to ferry employees and goods (and occasional visitors) to/from their Artic fields. I believe the (single) plane is a 737.

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:41 pm

I've taken those flights hundreds of times.

Go to Terminal B at ANC.

RIght next to where the United is (was    ) located.

You'll see the counter for "Shared Services Aviation". It's called Shared Services because the planes are owned/operated by both Conoco/Phillips and British Petroleum.

Quoting BlueFlyer (Reply 2):
I believe the (single) plane is a 737.

There are three 737-200s. All are pretty ragged . . . . but airworthy. 2 Came from Braathens and one from US Airways.

Want more info, PM me.

[Edited 2007-10-08 10:43:02]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

breiz

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:48 pm

Quoting BlueFlyer (Thread starter):
(And I somehow don't think it's as simple as the solution preferred by my travel dept: just fly out there and look for the check-in counter in the departure hall - what if they're not in the departure hall)

Of course it is like that. It's Anchorage you are talking about.
Look here:
http://aia-mufids.dot.state.ak.us/se...=city&city=&number=&airline=&adi=A
your flight is maybe already displayed  Smile

HikesWithEyes

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:21 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):
You'll see the counter for "Shared Services Aviation". It's called Shared Services because the planes are owned/operated by both Conoco/Phillips and British Petroleum.

If you're lucky, you will get put on one of the AS extras that AS operates on a temporary basis for Shared Services.
First, benzene in my Perrier, and now this!

atct

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:27 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):
was  grumpy 

hahaha....More the reason to fly Continental  Smile

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:14 pm

Quoting HikesWithEyes (Reply 5):
If you're lucky, you will get put on one of the AS extras that AS operates on a temporary basis for Shared Services.

That doesn't always work.

Happened to me one day. Two of the three BP Birds were down . . . so they contracted an AS bird . . . one of the 732QC they had.

Bought 111 of us tickets. We had to go to A Concourse to board. We all had SSSSS on our tix because they were just purchased that day. Naturally, the TSA got their asses handed to them at A Concourse. Well, after an hour and half, AS comes out and say, oooops - our 732QC is broken. So, we're bringing over another plane, only, it's going to be at B Concourse!

Ha Ha Ha . . . we all tramped out of A and then had to clear Security again at B. And the TSA got their asses handed to them again that morning.

Quite funny.

After 5 hours we finally left.

That was about 4 years ago. The 732QCs are gone now. But BP still has their birds . . . oldest one built in 1984 IIRC.

Quoting ATCT (Reply 6):
More the reason to fly Continental

I love CO, I'd prefer CO, but they don't fly to CID and flying to ORD with them from ANC they make me go to IAH first - does that make any sense???
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

blueflyer

Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks for the help, guys, much appreciated. It does seem much easier than I anticipated.