QantasHeavy
Topic Author

Cathay Using Regional-config 330s On HKG-SYD?

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:19 pm

Am flying HKG-SYD on Cathay and the aircraft is a "330" -- not a "333" or "33B". Am flying business -- does this mean the plane will have the regional seats in it. It is two-class and I think the B version has the new seats.

If CX is flying that regional model on the 9 hour Sydney route that is pathetic... that is mediocre business class for short haul, let alone long haul. I got a print-out from the customer service agent and all of the EQV services to SYD are 330s, like that is a way to hide the fact they are the commuter A-330s.

CX does a good job, but if the regional configuration is being used HKG-SYD that is very dissapointing.

calvin99

RE: Cathay Using Regional-config 330s On HKG-SYD?

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:36 pm

I don't think so... Sydney always receive the long haul product of A333... they are even one of the first to receive the new product...!! i think its because they don't know whether it is a 333 or 33B..

when are you travelling..?? that will clarify more..!!

QantasHeavy
Topic Author

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:50 pm

Tomorrow 9AM flight. Ticker shows 330 and 14A so can't be a 333, as there is no 14A on the 3-class. Hope it is new product but they only have 2 of the A-330s equiped with the new business class. The overnight to Sydney has one of them; not sure about the other one.

Would certainly think SYD would get the premium aircraft... but looks like a 330 from the print-out. Hope you are right and it is a EQV=330 of some type. BUT most of the other flights are all 33B or 333.

andrewtang

Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:58 pm

Quoting Calvin99 (Reply 1):
I don't think so... Sydney always receive the long haul product of A333

Sometimes due to aircraft rotation, some unlucky pax will get to sit the regional business class!

B-HLK

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Snorre - VAP

B-HLN

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Mark H

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos