flight7e7

Official NOW Confirmed SQ221R SIN/SYD 03 NOV 2007

Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:26 pm

OK anetters-finally, confirmed SQ /SYD 03 NOV 2007 SQ 631/F and SQ 221/R Class on the new metal, A380, or 380 as is the display in Sabre. In any case, I am perched in 1A on the big bird. Will keep you posted and do a trip report when back....and to think I have to suffer via UA in "F" from PHL/SFO/SYD, god help me.

Too bad still 747 on the 26th Oct SYD/SIN/BKK, would have been nice to nab the inaugural. With all the hanging I do in the stratosphere each year, not much excites anymore except a ride on SQ and CX, and month in and month out, you memorize the whole IFE program and don't even look at the menus any longer! When you live in the US and begin recognizing the SQ and CX crews or tell you "welcome back" you were on my flight last week...you know my arms are tired from all the flapping!

Excited about the upcoming experience, and know it will be different-as much as I fly SQ anyway-to see how it compares to their new F product. Going in very cautiously-expectation and hopes leveled at the horizon for now, don't want to expect over the top and see it's just average vs. EK "F" on the A-345, which was outstanding recently as well-let's see what unfolds! Have the "C" booked for the same route in December.

Nothing, tho...could ever replace the first time I flew F-BTSV AF CDG/JFK 03 SEP 1997, that my good netters was and still is the crowning glory on my business travel experiences. Will keep you all posted.

Cheers!

Flite

SInGAPORE_AIR

RE: Official NOW Confirmed SQ221R SIN/SYD 03 NOV 2007

Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:58 pm

Congratulations and I hope you have a pleasant flight!
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

ClassicLover

Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Quoting Flight7E7 (Thread starter):
F-BTSV

I assume you mean Concorde F-BTSC  Smile
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

flight7e7

Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:13 pm

Yes, BTSC..corrected as charged.

uadc8contrail

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:09 pm

Flight7E7,
If your that unhappy about flying UA phl-syd why dont you fly CO/QF, then compare QF "F" to SQ "F". you have already programmed yourself that you are going to have a bad flight on ual. and you have asked god for help, seems like a no brainer to switch over to QF right?
bus driver.......move that bus:)

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:24 pm

I am confident he will overcome whatever discomfort when he steps on board his connecting Singapore Airlines flight.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

ikramerica

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:36 pm

Quoting Uadc8contrail (Reply 4):
If your that unhappy about flying UA phl-syd why dont you fly CO/QF, then compare QF "F" to SQ "F". you have already programmed yourself that you are going to have a bad flight on ual. and you have asked god for help, seems like a no brainer to switch over to QF right?

Star, star, star, star.

UA/SQ are star partners. QF is in OneWorld. CO is in SkyTeam, though they do partner with QF to earn CO miles on QF flights. But still, if he's all about the Star alliance, you gotta take UA or US.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

uadc8contrail

Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:01 pm

Star, star, star, star.

UA/SQ are star partners. QF is in OneWorld. CO is in SkyTeam, though they do partner with QF to earn CO miles on QF flights. But still, if he's all about the Star alliance, you gotta take UA or US.

iirc he swore off ua and aa and switched everything over to co. with flying phl-iah-lax on co then hook up with qf lax-syd he will get quite a few miles credited to his one pass account and not have to suffer or ask god for help.
bus driver.......move that bus:)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos