tango29

Ryanair Priority Boarding Scam

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:58 am

Hey guys

Just wanted to have a quick rant about a Ryanair scam i witnessed, last week i was flying MAD-DUB and
i use Ryanair quiet a bit so i always buy priority boarding, but last wednesday they done the usual boarding
calls for the priority pax to board first so i was second in line to board so i could get my usual exit seat, so
much to my dismay instead of going down the air bridge we were put on a bus with all the other pax and
driven to the aircraft, i thought it was a bit stupid selling priorty boarding when there was'nt any but hey thats
Ryanair!
Flown: A300,310,319,320,321,332,333,346,380, B720, 727,732,733,734,735,738,741,744,752,753,763,772,773

Bongodog1964

RE: Ryanair Priority Boarding Scam

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:22 pm

This is a common problem; having been entitled to "front of line" privileges due to travelling with a small child, I have narrowly avoided the same.
If you are being bussed to the aircraft, enter the bus, and stand opposite the doors, don't make the mistake of sitting down at the back.

IMO FR & U2 selling priority boarding to the detriment of the disabled and those travelling with small children is totally despicable. We now live in a society where it is not only considered ok to grab the best seats at the expense of those less fortunate, its now considered fair game to ask people to pay to do it.
I realise that preboarding for the infirm and the young has been grossly abused in the past, I've personally seen extended families of 20 or more preboarding due to one 8 year old; but this is no reason to demote them in the pecking order. Better supervision of the process would be the best answer.

AirNZ

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:23 pm

Quoting Tango29 (Thread starter):
i thought it was a bit stupid selling priorty boarding when there was'nt any but hey thats
Ryanair!

This is a normal procedure that doesn't necessarily apply to only Ryanair, and it is a little bit OTP to describe it as a 'scam'. In this instance FR have no idea where ATC will place the a/c and if pax have to be bussed then priority boarding naturally goes haywire, and in this case it was most unfortunate. Now of course, you certainly should be entitled to the PR boarding refund, and that would certainly be a scam if it was denied!
Flown:F27/TU134/Viscount/Trident/BAC111/727/737/747/757/767/777/300/310/320/321/330/340/DC9/DC10/Dash8/Shorts330/BAe146

BrianDromey

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:38 pm

All FR have to do is instruct their contractor at the airport to ENSURE that the first bus only has priority boarding PAX on it.

These people (bigger fools in my opinion) have paid to baord the aircraft first. It might cost FR a few extra euro, but at the end of they day they will loose revenue if people realise that the priority boarding is not being adheared to.

Brian.
Next flights: MAN-ORK-LHR(EI)-MAN(BD); MAN-LHR(BD)-ORK (EI); DUB-ZRH-LAX (LX) LAX-YYZ (AC) YYZ-YHZ-LHR(AC)-DUB(BD)

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:07 pm

Yep been there twice on the MAD FAO route. First time all smiles, all at the front, get on the bus first, ... then over to the a/c and ooops, now I'm 40th on to the plane. Then I realised that Priority Boarding only guaranteed you a nice seat on the bus! 2nd time around, my fellow pax became my mortal enemy, and throwing women, children, and the elderly behind me, the holy grail of Priority Boarding was indeed mine!

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 3):
These people (bigger fools in my opinion) have paid to baord the aircraft first.

I had no choice. Zero bags = Priority Boarding + 3 Euros. No way to remove it.
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

BCNGRO

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:14 pm

Last week I flew FR 4 times. I never bought priority boarding and got an exit row seat on all 4 flights! It makes no sense to me that most people that buy priority boarding take a normal seat.  Confused
At the bus station, buses stop. At the train station, trains stop. At my desk, I have a work station.

BrianDromey

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:21 pm

Quoting BHXFAOTIPYYC (Reply 4):
I had no choice. Zero bags = Priority Boarding + 3 Euros. No way to remove it

Yes there is, admittedly FR do not make it easy, but all you have to do is select:

Quoting Ryanair.com:

0 Bags - Online Check-In/Priority Boarding"

It comes up as 0.00 GBP/EUR

Mind you,. if you select Airport Check-In, they automatically add the Priority charge too, but it can be deselected.

Brian.
Next flights: MAN-ORK-LHR(EI)-MAN(BD); MAN-LHR(BD)-ORK (EI); DUB-ZRH-LAX (LX) LAX-YYZ (AC) YYZ-YHZ-LHR(AC)-DUB(BD)

Pe@rson

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:22 pm

Quote:

This is a normal procedure that doesn't necessarily apply to only Ryanair

Certainly.

EZY clearly states: "Speedy Boarders will be called to board before our other boarding groups, giving you the best choice of seats – provided you’re at the gate when we start boarding. You may be bussed to the aircraft for this flight, and we can’t guarantee that you’re off the bus first." And EZY can charge a lot for priority boarding - up to £15 for a return (so £7.50 per one-way flight) in some cases.

Who'd pay that... well, 'nuff said.

Quoting BHXFAOTIPYYC (Reply 4):
Zero bags = Priority Boarding + 3 Euros.

It's changed now... With FR if you have no checked bags and are eligible for online check-in you automatically get inclusive priority boarding (it appears as "0 bags - Online Checkin/Priority Boarding). If, however, you have to check-in at the airport (i.e. you have checked baggage or aren't eligible for online check-in), you don't get inclusive priority boarding, but you can still get it for £2 per one-way flight.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

777STL

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:33 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 7):
EZY clearly states: "Speedy Boarders will be called to board before our other boarding groups, giving you the best choice of seats – provided you’re at the gate when we start boarding. You may be bussed to the aircraft for this flight, and we can’t guarantee that you’re off the bus first." And EZY can charge a lot for priority boarding - up to £15 for a return (so £7.50 per one-way flight) in some cases.

Who'd pay that... well, 'nuff said.

Indeed. And there aren't enough people that use Priority Boarding anyway, so you won't really be gaining an advantage over being at the front of the regular boarding line, provided that you're in the first boarding group.

Last time I flew EZY, I saw a grand total of two people use priority boarding, on two flights. And they were a couple. The second flight, I was the first one on the plane, without priority boarding.
PHX based

Bongodog1964

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:42 pm

Quoting AirNZ (Reply 2):
This is a normal procedure that doesn't necessarily apply to only Ryanair, and it is a little bit OTP to describe it as a 'scam'. In this instance FR have no idea where ATC will place the a/c and if pax have to be bussed then priority boarding naturally goes haywire, and in this case it was most unfortunate. Now of course, you certainly should be entitled to the PR boarding refund, and that would certainly be a scam if it was denied!

This is scam, as FR know full well that many of the airports they use, bus the majority of their passengers; Indeed as FR refuse to use airbridges, its a bit of waste to park their planes next to the terminal building. As regards to a refund' you would have to be either very lucky, or strong willed to get one.

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 3):
All FR have to do is instruct their contractor at the airport to ENSURE that the first bus only has priority boarding PAX on it.

And FR pay for three buses instead of the customary two ? The idea of selling priority boarding is to make 100% profit, not to incur any additional costs.

Pe@rson

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:15 pm

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 9):
This is scam, as FR know full well that many of the airports they use, bus the majority of their passengers

I disagree: I have flown FR 80+ times and have been bussed twice.

FR refuse to use airbridges

I have, in fact, used an airbridge once when boarding an FR flight.

The vast majority of FR flights (at least in my experience) involve walking from the terminal, across the ramp, and to the steps.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

BrianDromey

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:30 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 10):
I disagree: I have flown FR 80+ times and have been bussed twice.

The only place I know of that FR use busses to at LBA, and even here its only FROM the aircraft, where teh drop-off point for ROI arrivals is at the opposite end of the rampm and there is not continous walkway.

I have to agree with you here Pearson, I certainly would not pay for priority boarding. Ive often been among the last to board an FR aircraft and have no trouble getting an exit row seat, if I want one (the secret is to use the rear steps!, people will still be quueing to get on the front steps while I am stowing my carry on!).

And FR pay for three buses instead of the customary two ? The idea of selling priority boarding is to make 100% profit, not to incur any additional costs.

I see what you are saying, but at the end of the day, it is a service that people are paying for,and it is called "priority boarding" not "priority ramp bus boarding", but its a mute point as FR use busses in so few airports.

Brian.

Embajador3

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:07 pm

This is scam, as FR know full well that many of the airports they use, bus the majority of their passengers; Indeed as FR refuse to use airbridges, its a bit of waste to park their planes next to the terminal building. As regards to a refund' you would have to be either very lucky, or strong willed to get one.

FR uses airbridges at MMX,MAD,VLC and many other spanish airports. I even got airbridge a few times at OPO and once at FAO. So, i guess it is up to ATC and not up to FR.
Flying Together

tango29

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:27 pm

I have flown FR 80+ times and have been bussed twice

I've flown with them a similar amount of times and this was the first time being bussed

Quoting Embajador3 (Reply 12):
i guess it is up to ATC and not up to FR.

Very true.

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 11):
I have to agree with you here Pearson, I certainly would not pay for priority boarding.

I usually travel light so i did'nt bother me 2 much cos i did'nt pay the 3 euro, but there was a lot of head scratching
and WTF's from the priority pax that did pay.
Flown: A300,310,319,320,321,332,333,346,380, B720, 727,732,733,734,735,738,741,744,752,753,763,772,773

ryanairCRL

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:27 pm

FR know full well that many of the airports they use, bus the majority of their passengers

euh? We mustn't be talking about the same airline.

FR refuse to use airbridges

I used it once in MAN but that was 4 years ago.
It's ALWAYS used in AGP and MMX. I beleive it's the same in a few other Spanish airports.

Quoting Tango29 (Reply 13):
I have flown FR 80 times and have been bussed twice

I've flown with them a similar amount of times and this was the first time being bussed

So I wouldn't call it a scam if because of a different handling procedure that day, you lost your priority rights.
As you admit yourself, pax usually walk to the aircraft, in which cases priority pax are first onboard.
http://flyingtom.myphotoalbum.com

tango29

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:54 pm

Quoting RyanairCRL (Reply 14):
So I wouldn't call it a scam if because of a different handling procedure that day, you lost your priority rights

But whats the point of calling priority pax first if eveyone is getting put on the same bus, dosen't make
sense does it?

gilesdavies

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:00 pm

This is not a scam! It was probably beyond FR's control where the aircraft was parked on the apron...

Ryanair aircraft only have a 25min turnaround, so people checking-in for the flight or being sold priority boarding at the airport are purchasing these a few hours before the aircraft lands. It could be anything from the stand FR was going to use was taken out of service at the last minute and had to be parked elsewhere.

I do however think Ryanair should put some warning on their website... Reputable airlines like easyJet  Wink, do warn people when booking Sleazy Boarding:

"Be among the first to be called to board your flight for just £5.00 per person. Speedy Boarders will be called to board before our other boarding groups, giving you the best choice of seats – provided you’re at the gate when we start boarding. You may be bussed to the aircraft for this flight, and we can’t guarantee that you’re off the bus first."

CrossChecked

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:54 am

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 1):
IMO FR & U2 selling priority boarding to the detriment of the disabled and those travelling with small children is totally despicable.

Why do these passengers have to be boarded FIRST? These passengers who need a little more time with boarding are more than welcome to wait til the end so they're not caught up in the rush. Will they, though? No chance.

Why is it that parents with young children will make a big fuss about getting on the plane first but when it comes to getting off at the other end, they seem capable to leaving at the same tie as everyone else?!

Unless a passenger needs to be wheeled to their seat on the aircraft, I see little reason why anyone should expect free pre-boarding because of their circumstances. I said it above, but if someone needs more time with boarding, they shouldn't automatically expect to get on first - and if they don't, they are welcome to wait til the end.
Cabin crew, doors to manual and cross check.

Navigator

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:26 am

Quoting Tango29 (Thread starter):
Hey guys

Just wanted to have a quick rant about a Ryanair scam i witnessed, last week i was flying MAD-DUB and
i use Ryanair quiet a bit so i always buy priority boarding, but last wednesday they done the usual boarding
calls for the priority pax to board first so i was second in line to board so i could get my usual exit seat, so
much to my dismay instead of going down the air bridge we were put on a bus with all the other pax and
driven to the aircraft, i thought it was a bit stupid selling priorty boarding when there was'nt any but hey thats
Ryanair!

I am a regular Ryanair customer and satisfied to fly with almost new planes at low low prices. I think you get more than what you pay for normally with Ryanair. I think in view of the price you pay and that you normally get transported efficiently you could be a bit understanding.

If services would be on perhaps Aer Lingus standards you would never ever get those fantastic prices and chances are you would never afford to travel on new jets at all  Smile
747-400/747-200/L1011/DC-10/DC-9/DC-8/MD-80/MD90/A340/A330/A300/A310/A321/A320/A319/767/757/737/727/HS-121/CV990/CV440/S

tango29

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:57 am

Quoting CrossChecked (Reply 17):
Unless a passenger needs to be wheeled to their seat on the aircraft, I see little reason why anyone should expect free pre-boarding because of their circumstances. I said it above, but if someone needs more time with boarding, they shouldn't automatically expect to get on first - and if they don't, they are welcome to wait til the end.

checkmark 

Quoting Navigator (Reply 18):
I am a regular Ryanair customer and satisfied to fly with almost new planes at low low prices. I think you get more than what you pay for normally with Ryanair. I think in view of the price you pay and that you normally get transported efficiently you could be a bit understanding.

I agree with you 100% i have no problem with using Ryanair and what i saw in MAD will not put me off using them.
But my point is that just found that it did'nt make sense as there was about 30 pax that had paid for priority boarding
and then when we reached the aircraft there was the usual rugby scrum to get on the plane.

Bongodog1964

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:28 am

as FR know full well that many of the airports they use, bus the majority of their passengers

oops got that one wrong didn't I

Quoting CrossChecked (Reply 17):
Why do these passengers have to be boarded FIRST? These passengers who need a little more time with boarding are more than welcome to wait til the end so they're not caught up in the rush. Will they, though? No chance.

Why is it that parents with young children will make a big fuss about getting on the plane first but when it comes to getting off at the other end, they seem capable to leaving at the same tie as everyone else?!

If you had ever travelled with children, or a disabled person, you would not need to ask these questions
If there was any courtesy any more, It wouldn't be so necessary; but having been jostled and pushed in the rush to board, whilst trying to get my daughter onto planes I know why it is so. In addition it is usually a requirement that small children have a responsible parent/carer sitting next to them; if you board the plane nearly last, having been overtaken in the dash across the apron, and then have to wait whilst the cabin crew move a passenger in order to accomodate this; the plane is them delayed.

Back in days of old, as a ship sank the cry was "women and children first", the modern day equivalant when boarding a LCC is "every man for himself"
Only yesterday the UK media reported on the case of a 97 year old man, now blinded in one eye; the result of being assaulted by a fellow pasenger who couldn't wait for him to move over so he could get off the tram. One of the worst aspects of this is, that the 97 year old was standing, because not one person offered to give up their seat for him.
I was brought up to respect and assist those less fortunate or able than myself; this includes letting the infirm and young board planes before I do.

Pe@rson

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:29 am

EZY charge a varying fee for priority boarding, up to £7.50 (!) per person per one-way flight.

You can now get priority boarding for free with FR if you qualify for online check in; if you have to check in at the airport, priority boarding will cost a fixed £2 per person per one-way flight.

I do like EZY's warning next to where you can select priority boarding, although it doesn't always work: a woman on Watchdog last week complained that she has purchased priority boarding and that she was bussed to an EZY flight and so didn't board first - despite the clear warning on EZY's website that that might happen. She wanted a refund, but EZY, like FR, have a clear non-refundable stance (did she receive her money back once Watchdog became involved?).

FR should have a clear warning, rather than just answering "What is Priority Boarding?" in its travel questions section - which doesn't actually state the potential "risk" of it.

Pe@rson

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 am

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 20):
I was brought up to respect and assist those less fortunate or able than myself; this includes letting the infirm and young board planes before I do.

I was also brought up like that. So as the airlines won't alter their stance, why not purchase a few extra priority boardings and give them to those that need them?  Wink They'd get what they need, you'd get what you need, and the airlines would get what they need.  Silly

JGPH1A

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:39 am

The vast majority of FR flights (at least in my experience) involve walking from the terminal, across the ramp, and to the steps

Easily done when you're the only airline using the airport, which is a portakabin in a field miles from anywhere  Smile

It is not up to ATC whether or not an aircraft uses a jetway or not, it is up to the airline whether they want to pay to use a jetbridge or not. If they choose not to (e.g. U2, FR), then it's buses. Priority boarding is a complete ripoff unless it's guaranteed jetway boarding, which it never is.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Pe@rson

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:45 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 23):
It is not up to ATC whether or not an aircraft uses a jetway or not, it is up to the airline whether they want to pay to use a jetbridge or not. If they choose not to (e.g. U2, FR), then it's buses.

Correct about it not being up to ATC.

Incorrect about FR primarily using busses: FR overwhelmingly requires people to walk to the aircraft.

Quote:
Easily done when you're the only airline using the airport

I've always walked to FR aircraft at several very busy airports, e.g. LGW, STN, and DUB.

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 23):
Priority boarding is a complete ripoff unless it's guaranteed jetway boarding, which it never is.

Indeed. And rather unnecessary - and potentially very expensive (up to £7.50 per person per one-way flight with EZY).

[Edited 2007-10-23 04:50:25]

JGPH1A

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:49 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 24):
FR overwhelmingly requires people to walk to the aircraft.

Only where safety rules allow it. When they start flying to NCE, it will most likely be buses - there is no "walking out to the aircraft" at NCE (except maybe for Corsica flights, I'm not sure).
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Pe@rson

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:52 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 25):
Only where safety rules allow it.

Well, durrr!

"Dear passengers, please check-in at Terminal 3 for your BA flight from Terminal 4. You'll have to request runway crossing from ATC (you'll be given a radio and the frequency). Be aware of many moving aircraft. You'll be given a crash helment, but BAA can't be held responsible for any injuries or fatalities."

[Edited 2007-10-23 04:53:53]

ACEregular

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:05 pm

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 20):
If you had ever travelled with children, or a disabled person, you would not need to ask these questions
If there was any courtesy any more, It wouldn't be so necessary; but having been jostled and pushed in the rush to board, whilst trying to get my daughter onto planes I know why it is so. In addition it is usually a requirement that small children have a responsible parent/carer sitting next to them; if you board the plane nearly last, having been overtaken in the dash across the apron, and then have to wait whilst the cabin crew move a passenger in order to accomodate this; the plane is them delayed.

I am a big fan of allocated seating, BMIbaby, FlyGlobespan and Jet2 are all low-cost airlines with this feature. I dont see why Ryanair and easyJet dont have it. I understand the argument that people rush on because they want seats together thus making the turnaround quicker, however in cases such as mentioned above it also slows down the boarding process. Just recently I tried to accommodate parents with an infant under two and a child of around 5 years. in total requiring three seats. I found D and E seat, I asked the oleder lady across the aisle in the C seat if she was travelling with the gentleman sat in the A seat with a vacant B seat between them. She replied yes but she refused point blank to move up so the family could sit C,D and E. No can' t possibly she said hand in face! The British travelling public are indeed everybody for themselves. Disgusting. In summary we missed our slot for departure whilst rearranging seats elsewhere in the cabin for this family. This can be avoided as all seating requirements can be handled at check-in, passengers have a seat number and if its not the right one have time to come to terms with it before boarding. Providing gate staff handle boarding correctly I dont see why allocated seating would slow down our regular turnarounds and this topic probably would not be in the forum. as there would be no need for speedy boarding.

cornish

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Very simple. If you don't like the idea of having to pay for priority boarding then don't pay it. If you still don't like the approach the likes of Ryanair and eayJet are taking then don't fly them.

I can understand the casual customer/non plane geek getting a bit upset, but people on here know damn well what the Ryanair model is by now. This is not the only situation where Ryanair gets to kep the cash from something it charged you for but not delivered on occasion. Is itr correct ?? Morally probably not, but legally they can do it so they do. The only way they might stop is if nobody paid for the privilage. So if you really have a problem with it, don't do it.

I've always walked to FR aircraft at several very busy airports, e.g. LGW, STN, and DUB.

Ryanair and most other LCCs will publicly admit they prefer contact stands to airbridges or buses. I'm working on a new airport project at the moment where the LCCs are saying they want contact stands, contact stands, contacts stands. It avoids the higher costs of air bridges and the time taken to bus to remote stands.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Bongodog1964

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:27 pm

In the case of STN, this is because the airport was designed to be an airbridge airport. The FR planes sit on the tarmac in front of the terminal satellites, with an unused airbridge next to them. Meanwhile the passengers have to walk down the stairs and into the open air to access the planes, the same also applies for U2. I sat on a U2 plane at STN for 20 minutes waiting to deplane, as due to security it was not possible for us to exit, whilst pasengers were walking across, and boarding the adjacent plane. If airbridges are used, these situations do not arise.

Pe@rson

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:45 pm

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 29):
In the case of STN, this is because the airport was designed to be an airbridge airport. The FR planes sit on the tarmac in front of the terminal satellites, with an unused airbridge next to them. Meanwhile the passengers have to walk down the stairs and into the open air to access the planes, the same also applies for U2. I sat on a U2 plane at STN for 20 minutes waiting to deplane, as due to security it was not possible for us to exit, whilst pasengers were walking across, and boarding the adjacent plane. If airbridges are used, these situations do not arise.

Next you'll be harping on about boiled sweets and newspapers.

From my experience, walking down the steps at STN and across to the aircraft works fine. I can't say I'd prefer to use airbridges.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 28):
Ryanair and most other LCCs will publicly admit they prefer contact stands to airbridges or buses. I'm working on a new airport project at the moment where the LCCs are saying they want contact stands, contact stands, contacts stands. It avoids the higher costs of air bridges and the time taken to bus to remote stands.

Certainly.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 28):
Very simple. If you don't like the idea of having to pay for priority boarding then don't pay it. If you still don't like the approach the likes of Ryanair and eayJet are taking then don't fly them.

Yep. Like when we were flying back from SVQ. Overhead a woman saying: "I often fly Ryanair. I have to pay for all sorts of things, like hold bags and priority boarding. When I arrive I always swear I won't do it again - but I always do."

Bongodog1964

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 30):
Next you'll be harping on about boiled sweets and newspapers

Why ?

Or is the next FR plan to make a charge for reading one's own newspaper whilst on board ?

From my experience, walking down the steps at STN and across to the aircraft works fine. I can't say I'd prefer to use airbridges.

Once again, a person without accompanying children or the infirm.

JGPH1A

Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:22 pm

Luddite ! If God had meant for us to walk across the tarmac (especially in England), He'd have made us waterproof.

Pe@rson

Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:25 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 32):
Luddite ! If God had meant for us to walk across the tarmac (especially in England), He'd have made us waterproof.

But I'd like to point out that I have never destroyed any sewing machine, m'lord.

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 31):
Once again, a person without accompanying children or the infirm.

Get priority boarding, or queue as normal, or don't choose FR or U2. That's quite some choice.

[Edited 2007-10-23 06:28:16]

Bongodog1964

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:43 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 33):
Get priority boarding, or queue as normal, or don't choose FR or U2. That's quite some choice.

Believe me: If I didn't live in Cambridge, and thus have STN nearly on my doorstep, I would never consider either; airlines which encourage a lack of common courtesy are the pits.