Jmc777
Topic Author

BA Recruitment

Wed Aug 23, 2000 4:36 am

Got your message and yes BA are now recruiting for longhaul @ LGW, but also for EuroGatwick(shorthaul), GB Airways(BA franchise shorthaul) & I believe Cityflyer (BA shorthaul)

My company is also recruiting and we operate BA777's with BA service etc on a franchise deal, longhaul to Caribbean, Mexico & Tampa. Start date is December.

If you want to know anything else, e-mail me @
Stephendax@aol.com and I'll be happy to give you as much info as I can!

Happy flying all
jmc777  

RE: BA Recruitment

Wed Aug 23, 2000 4:41 am

Hi Stephen;

I have a question for you; is it true that LGW-based BA pilots get payed less than those based at LHR? If so, why?

Capt.Picard

Jmc777
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2000 4:50 am

I believe that LHR pilots have the potential to earn more money because of the length of trips they do, but the basic would have to be the same, only the flight pay and allowances would be different.

Although I am sure they are now all London based and travel between LHR and LGW in order to equal it out, at least it is that way on the 777 Fleet.

Sent you an e-mail re:Fab user name    

Stephen jmc777  

Wed Aug 23, 2000 6:10 am

Do you know if BA is recruiting U.S. pilots?

BA001

Wed Aug 23, 2000 7:27 am

Hello Stephen;
Thank-you for your mail.I'll keep in touch with you very soon.
J.

Wed Aug 23, 2000 7:28 am

Meh, you would have to qualify for British Citizenship first.

If you do live in the US, don't bother! The UK taxes (many, unfortunatly  ) will eat into most of your earnings. The UK is a VERY expensive country to live in.

Sure, BA is a great airline, but you'll probably get a better deal (earn more) in the US. And money IS important.

Capt.Picard

Sun Aug 27, 2000 2:21 am

To Capt.picard
B.A longhaul pilots(747,777,767)are not "based' at either LHR or LGW,but pick their trips through a complex bidding system based on seniority.The trips that earn them the most money are mostly from LHR.The most senior pilots tend to stick to LHR routes as they get first pickings whilst more junior(in length of service)pick up whats left.LGW does have some good earners for them ie EZE GRU GIG PHX DEN MRU.These are all long flights,10hrs+ which incur good pay premiums.
Secondly,BA are not recruiting crew for longhaul at LGW.Places have been filled by the transfer of LHR shorthaul crew,therefore there is some recruitment for shorthaul crew.The gentleman you are corresponding with is not employed by British Airways.The company he works for operates 3 BA 777's with totally different configuration to other 777's to specific destinations.His company may well be recruiting,but BA is not at the moment.hope this helps.

Sun Aug 27, 2000 3:18 am

Thanks Mr.K,

There is a level playing field then!

Regards,
Capt.Picard

Sun Aug 27, 2000 4:43 am

AND another question!-any "inside" info on what BA are up to with Conc??

Mon Aug 28, 2000 4:43 am

Capt Picard,
At the moment,all 7 Concordes have had their Certificates of Airworthiness suspended and are,sadly,all sitting on the ground at LHR.One of the requirements of certification is that tyre debris alone should not be able to puncture fuel tanks and lead to a catastrophe.As this is now known to be the cause of the AF accident,the CAA had no option but to suspend the Certificates.BA and AF experts are in talks as to how modifications can be implemented to meet the requirements.Both the British and French governments aswell as BA and AF are determined that Concorde will fly again.Indeed,BA Concorde crews are remaining fully trained through simulator programmes so they may operate immediately the green light is given.I for one,am sure she will be flying again quite soon.
Regards,Mr K.