delta fly boy

Above & Beyond Customer Service

Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:52 pm

This was posted today on Deltanet... In an industry that seems to get way more negative media than positive.. I just wanted to share this.... it's always nice to hear about the good.

Our commitment to customer service sometimes even transcends competitive boundaries.

That was the case when Cheryl Keama and Patrick Burns, both 125/SFO, helped a wheelchair-bound passenger of United Airlines this summer.

The grateful customer, Joseph Flanagan of San Francisco, presented Cheryl and Patrick with certificates of appreciation last week.

Joseph’s ordeal began after his United flight to San Francisco diverted to Los Angeles because of mechanical problems. Upon landing, Joseph noticed that his wheelchair had been damaged. He reported the damage to United, but got no help. He was then placed on a Delta flight to SFO.

When Patrick heard about the damaged wheelchair upon the passenger’s arrival at SFO, he immediately worked to resolve the situation.

“The wheelchair damage clearly originated with United, but we felt it was important to pull out all the stops and resolve the situation for Mr. Flanagan as quickly as possible in order to restore his mobility,” Patrick said. “As a side benefit, we left him with a very positive impression of Delta.”

Cheryl got Joseph a loaner wheelchair, had his chair picked up for repairs and followed up during the repair process. After two attempted repairs failed – one resulting in the wheelchair breaking down while Joseph was trying to cross a busy intersection, Cheryl arranged for a new wheelchair.

“It gives me great pride to know that I have not just ‘done my job,’ but that I have done everything that my job allows me to do in making a difference in someone’s life,” Cheryl said.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos