smokescreen

Which Cubana Aircraft To MEX?

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:07 am

Hi. I am currently residing in Mexico City, and am planning to go to Cuba (Havana) in December. If I book Cubana, what are my chances of getting a Tu-204 or IL-62 or -96? I would love to be able to fly one of these Russian birds, does anyone know what equipment they use on this route?

EddieDude

RE: Which Cubana Aircraft To MEX?

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi Jonathan, I am not entirely sure, but I think that CU's HAV-MEX flights are done with wet-leased TA A320s or A319s. It seems to me that in order to get a Russian aircraft you need to fly CUN-HAV. I am sure someone else will have more accurate information.

Have you tried checking amadeus.net? This website shows the equipment to be used on a particular flight on a particular date. I guess it is not 100% reliable, but at least it should give you an idea.

Good luck!

Eddie

P.S. I sent you an instant message.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

juventus

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:13 pm

Quoting Smokescreen (Thread starter):

I tried checking cubana.com and travelocity, and couldn't get a hit. Judging from the photos, its an airbus as of late. I understand why you would want to ride in a Russian built jet, I would like to do same. Never been in one......

Fly2HMO

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:13 pm

A few years ago I saw a Cubana IL-62 taxi by the terminal. But I've been there a lot recently and I haven't seen their planes in a looong time,

civilav

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:19 pm

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 1):
need to fly CUN-HAV.

You are right Eddiedude, the Havana to Mexico run is serviced with Taca airbus A320 planes whereas the Havana to Cancun is usually Yakolev Yak-42 equipment with the occasional Ilyushin IL-62 service now and then.

Both Russian types I have seen many times indeed here in Cancun !

Hope this helps our fellow A.Netter.

PlymSpotter

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:21 pm

Quoting Civilav (Reply 4):
You are right Eddiedude, the Havana to Mexico run is serviced with Taca airbus A320 planes whereas the Havana to Cancun is usually Yakolev Yak-42 equipment with the occasional Ilyushin IL-62 service now and then.

According to Amadeus the HAV-CUN flight is Yak42 operated, and the fares are in the region of $200rtn I seem to remember. Hopefully take this flight in the Spring! Big grin
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos