7e72004

One Reason Why EA II Did Not Get Off Ground...

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:58 pm

One of the reasons i have heard before for why Eastern airlines did not get back into the air (Eastern II or whatever you want to call it) is because the first Eastern went down in flames and there is still a bitter taste in a lof of peoples' mouths. Much of this was because of Frank Lorenzo (where is he now btw *lol*) and how he "decapitated" the airline and caused a lot of heartache for the employees. Any insight on how any former employees that are still around today would feel if a new Eastern airlines was to get off the ground? Just curious. cheers  Smile
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!

EXAAUADL

RE: One Reason Why EA II Did Not Get Off Ground...

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:03 pm

Many of them work for Air Tran......

7e72004

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:04 pm

Any former EA employees on the forum??

n710ps

Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:29 pm

Alot of the crew "behind the door" at my carrier are former Eastern people. Very very bitter to say the least about it as well. I would love to see a new EA emerge flying the 737NG perhaps but it would be bitter sweet. Kind of like seing PanAm 727's now is. Very emotional. I see them and it brings a smile to my face but than I think of what was and what is and it almost hurts. My ultimate dream is to see TWA in the skys again though. Even if it was just a special livery on a 763 or a MD-80. Heck I will take an Eagle ERJ-145 for that matter since unfortuneately that is where most of the people who wore the colors ended up.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

7e72004

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:10 pm

I think it would be a nice tribute to have a new Eastern. I would not have the same colors (blue/aqua blue stripes) but would integrate the "hockey stick logo" in some form.

na747

Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:33 pm

[quote=7E72004,reply=0]Any insight on how any former employees that are still around today would feel if a new Eastern airlines was to get off the ground? Just curious.

Though I couldn't give you exact numbers, we do have many ex-EA employees working for MIA-AA: agents, flt attendants, rampers, etc. Many of them to this day express fond memories of working at EA and what a "family culture" they had. Many of them repeteadly said how EA would work with you if you had emergencies, needed time off, etc. (totally opposite at AA).
Over the years, many of them have left for other airlines or just simply resigned the airline business and went off to other things. But one thing I can tell you was that back in the early 90's we had more ex-EA employees than original AA employees in MIA.