1337Delta764
Topic Author

Boeing Widebodies With Flip-down LCDs?

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:40 am

I have been wondering, do Boeing widebody aircraft with flip-down LCD monitors exist?

They are rather common on 737NGs, A320s, and some newer 757s, and can also be found on a few Airbus widebodies under the center overhead bins. Most Boeing widebodies I have seen usually have monitors over the aisles, projectors, or PTVs. Some airlines (such as AA's 767s) also have CRT monitors under the center overhead bins. LCDs, however, are almost always fixed over the aisles or are in-seat.

I understand that the flip-down mechanisim may be a service issue, however, they are basically the standard for new narrowbodies. A few Airbus widebodies (such as some of AA's A300s) also have them.
The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky

c172pic

RE: Boeing Widebodies With Flip-down LCDs?

Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:17 pm

Email Boeing, get it straight from the source, instead of some so-called 'expert' on this forum... they have replied to my emails.

Arigato hai,
El DE
:D

flyorski

Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:19 pm

If you do get the answer emailed from Boeing, post it here, as I would be interested in hearing what they have to say.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsly believe they are free" -Goethe

Stitch

Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
I have been wondering, do Boeing widebody aircraft with flip-down LCD monitors exist?

They might be coming to UA's 744s as part of the cabin reconfiguration. I have heard that UA intends to replace the projectors with LCD displays, but I do not know if that means they'll put a 42"+ unit up at the front or if they will add them overhead along the rows like on their A319/A320 planes.

The IFE systems are sourced by the airlines, not Boeing, so Boeing may not be the best source to ask, even though they perform the initial installation if they were ordered with the frame itself.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos