goodday

DEL Lounge Offerings?

Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:20 pm

Is it true that common lounge at DEL does not offer free flow of beer/wine/whiskey and that you need to pay if you drink more than just a one drink?

goodday

RE: DEL Lounge Offerings?

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:38 pm

AIR INDIA seems to have their own lounge in DEL. How about JET AIRWAYS?

Feroze

Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:31 pm

Quoting Goodday (Thread starter):
Is it true that common lounge at DEL does not offer free flow of beer/wine/whiskey and that you need to pay if you drink more than just a one drink?

As far as I recall, it depends on the airline that you are flying with. When I flew VS, I was told that there was a one drink maximum. A member of staff said that BA passengers could drink as much as they like.

I think there are three lounges at IGIA Terminal 2. Air India has its Maharajah Lounge and ITC Welcomgroup (Sheraton)has one too. These are on the first floor after immigration above the duty free concourse. On the ground floor, Oberoi has a Clipper Lounge, which is the one that BA and VS use. LH use the ITC Welcomgroup lounge, or at least they used to. I have no idea about other airlines.

The lounge situation as well as the airport as a whole is in a state of flux during the improvements of the infrastruction leading up to the Commonwealth Games in 2010.

a380us

Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:39 pm

does anyone know what CO uses
www.JandACosmetics.com

Feroze

Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:07 pm

Quoting A380US (Reply 3):
does anyone know what CO uses

From www.continental.com https://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/lounge/locations/all.aspx?SID=5A379EFF1FAB455DB8BE6C11226ADB52& :

The Clipper Lounge

In my experience, most airlines' websites tell you which 3rd party lounge the airline contracts with.

schipholjfk

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:28 am

Lounges is DEL stinks. Especially Sheraton one. Not that it is their fault. Multiple airlines have lumped their passengers into this lounge with not enough seats, space or anything else. It is stuffy and poorly lit. I prefer to just sit outside even as a business or Skyteam elite plus member. As per as drinks are concerned, non-alcohol beverage seems to be abundant. I am not sure about alcoholic beverages. But good luck finding a place to sit during peak hours!
The fun of flying... love it !!!