PlaneHunter
Topic Author

Ryanair Voted "World's Favourite Airline" - Not...

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Interesting article on TheSpoof.com.  Wink

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s1i26733

It is expected that British Prime Minister Gordon Brown will advise the Queen that Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary should receive a knighthood in the New Year's Honours List as a reward for his Companies outstanding customer service.

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

Thorben

RE: Ryanair Voted "World's Favourite Airline" - Not...

Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:00 pm

A survey taken at Stanstead Airport reported that Ryanair came out on top for the following reasons:

7.All destination airports within 200 miles of the city centre advertised.

rotfl 

I flew Ryanair once and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.
France 1789; Eastern Germany 1989; Tunisia 2011; Egypt 2011

teme82

Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:18 pm

I would take FR if they would fly to HEL...
And the story is that they are getting some discounts in TMP ...
Flying high and low

RussianJet

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:19 pm

What a shame they couldn't spell Stansted properly.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

Ps76

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:39 pm

I flew with FR from GRO to diferent points in Europe and every time have been a good experience.

Vasu

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:19 pm

Quoting Ps76 (Reply 4):
I flew with FR from GRO to diferent points in Europe and every time have been a good experience.

I get the impression... although I may be wrong... that when Ryanair can be perfectly fine time after time... but when one has a bad experience, it is VERY bad

ltbewr

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:38 pm

I saw an article on MSNBC that Ryanair was the worst of several LCC's in the EC as to proper disclosures as to fares and other issues on their websites, leaving out critical info like as to taxes and fees, availablity of cheapest seats and so on. It is possble per the article that they will have to do major changes to their websites as to those issues or have to shut them down for ticket sales.

wolflair

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:32 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 6):
I saw an article on MSNBC that Ryanair was the worst of several LCC's in the EC as to proper disclosures as to fares and other issues on their websites, leaving out critical info like as to taxes and fees, availablity of cheapest seats and so on. It is possble per the article that they will have to do major changes to their websites as to those issues or have to shut them down for ticket sales.

The main issue here is what do regulators want. I agree that fares should be advertised including fees and taxes (i.e. the total amount to be paid by the customer). However, how could it be possible to make an ad display all caveats and lowest fares at certain dates? Should airlines change their ads once the sale tickets go on each individual flight/date?

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 3):
What a shame they couldn't spell Stansted properly.

Probably they got lost trying to reach the airport and the only place they could find was Stanstead Abbots (not so far away from STN indeed).
JMM -A319,A320,A321,A333,A343,AT45,AT72,B462,B722,B737s from -200 to -800,B744,B752,B762,B763,BE35,DC91,F70,Ju52,MD80,S3

RussianJet

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:19 pm

Quoting Wolflair (Reply 7):
Probably they got lost trying to reach the airport and the only place they could find was Stanstead Abbots (not so far away from STN indeed).

Doubt it - the airport is pretty well signposted. And, with one exception in the local area that I know of (though there could be more), it is written correctly on road signs and has a picture of a plane next to it.

icarus75

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:54 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 6):

I think you're right about that : Ryanair advertise wrong things on the website.
Checking today the english site, in the news section, they advise about a possible scrutiny of the EC on the airline fares.
As usual, Ryanair claims to be the cheapest airline, without fuel surcharge like BA, AF, LH, KL....
The informations given by FR are misleading : the given examples of fuel surcharge by the above airlines are for longhaul, not intra european flights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flying is amazing!

wolflair

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 8):
Doubt it - the airport is pretty well signposted. And, with one exception in the local area that I know of (though there could be more), it is written correctly on road signs and has a picture of a plane next to it.

I agree completely with you. I live in the area (just below the flight path for RWY5) and it's clearly marked how to get to the airport, especially if coming from the M11.

The interesting part is that I read in a book in the library at Bishops Stortford (can't remember the book's name) about the area and they referred to Stansted Mountfitchet several times as "Stanstead Mountfitchet"... Maybe that is an older spelling...
JMM -A319,A320,A321,A333,A343,AT45,AT72,B462,B722,B737s from -200 to -800,B744,B752,B762,B763,BE35,DC91,F70,Ju52,MD80,S3

Ned Kelly

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Quoting PlaneHunter (Thread starter):
It is expected that British Prime Minister Gordon Brown will advise the Queen that Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary should receive a knighthood in the New Year's Honours List as a reward for his Companies outstanding customer service.

Highly unlikely, to receive a knighthood first he would need to be a British citizen or at least a permanent resident in the UK.

PlaneHunter
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:48 pm

Quoting Ned Kelly (Reply 11):
Highly unlikely, to receive a knighthood first he would need to be a British citizen or at least a permanent resident in the UK.

Of course it's unlikely. The whole story is a parody.

PH

RussianJet

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:50 pm

Quoting Wolflair (Reply 10):
The interesting part is that I read in a book in the library at Bishops Stortford (can't remember the book's name) about the area and they referred to Stansted Mountfitchet several times as "Stanstead Mountfitchet"... Maybe that is an older spelling...

Well, that's the anolmaly - there are a lot of places locally which have 'Stanstead' incorporated into their name - but the airport is an exception in terms of its spelling.

AirframeAS

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:17 pm

FR is the "World's Favourite Airline"??? They have not even flown to any North American destination yet. How can they be the "World's Favourite Airline"?!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

PlaneHunter
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:19 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 14):
FR is the "World's Favourite Airline"??? They have not even flown to any North American destination yet. How can they be the "World's Favourite Airline"?!

As I said before: PARODY!

PH

loalq

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:07 am

Quoting PlaneHunter (Reply 12):

Quoting Ned Kelly (Reply 11):

Of course it's unlikely. The whole story is a parody.

He could still be made a Honorary Knight, like Mandela, Greenspan and Bush, but could not use "Sir" unless he acquired British nationality.

Wikipedia, of course...
"...this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped."