jfk787nyc

Delta Skymiles Question

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:28 pm

When you are a Silver, Gold or Platnium Elite with Delta do the extra miles calculate like Medallian Qualification Miles?

Can anyone tell me?

davescj

Delta Skymiles Question

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:34 pm

No, they are bonus miles only. For MQM's you need to be in a premium cabin to get a MQM bonus.

Dave
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

jfk787nyc

Delta Skymiles Question

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:51 pm

Are their any airlines that provide Elite Qualification Miles when you have Elite Status?

Alitalia744

Delta Skymiles Question

Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:04 pm

Quoting Davescj (Reply 1):
For MQM's you need to be in a premium cabin to get a MQM bonus.

Or travelling on Y/B/M fares in economy - they also yield 1.5MQM per mile flown.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

jetlife2

RE: Delta Skymiles Question

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:03 am

Quoting JFK787NYC (Thread starter):
When you are a Silver, Gold or Platnium Elite with Delta do the extra miles calculate like Medallian Qualification Miles?

Can anyone tell me?

There is (at least) one other way other than flying to get MQM's. That is with the Delta Skymiles Amex card. If you spend $25,000 in one calendar year you receive 10,000 MQM's; if you spend $50,000 you receive a second 10,000 MQM bonus.

There are of course many ways to receive "regular" bonus miles but this is the best way to add MQM's other than flying.

GHR
My views are not necessarily the views of the GE Company

ClearedDirect

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:51 am

Quoting Jetlife2 (Reply 4):
There is (at least) one other way other than flying to get MQM's. That is with the Delta Skymiles Amex card. If you spend $25,000 in one calendar year you receive 10,000 MQM's; if you spend $50,000 you receive a second 10,000 MQM bonus.

Yep - thanks to that - (I think this is the first year they have done that) - I will be platinum this year. Been gold year after year, but no more after next week!

JKJ777

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:51 am

I will flinally earn my medallion status (silver) for the first time in the coming weeks. I will be a silver medallion when I travel on a Q fare ticket with the outbound flight as an M (the inbound on a Q). Should I call and upgrade the return sector (on a 777) to a B/Y in order to get upgraded.....In short, when you are a silver medallion, is it really that much easier to get a complimentary upgrade? If so, does the class of ticket equate in to that? Should I really have to pay the extra $400 that a RT first class ticket would cost? Just curious.

[Edited 2007-11-12 20:52:31]

RobertS975

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:34 am

Quoting Jkj777 (Reply 6):
I will flinally earn my medallion status (silver) for the first time in the coming weeks. I will be a silver medallion when I travel on a Q fare ticket with the outbound flight as an M (the inbound on a Q). Should I call and upgrade the return sector (on a 777) to a B/Y in order to get upgraded.....In short, when you are a silver medallion, is it really that much easier to get a complimentary upgrade? If so, does the class of ticket equate in to that? Should I really have to pay the extra $400 that a RT first class ticket would cost? Just curious.

What route are you talking about? There are only 2 domestic routes that ever see a DL 777... ATL-JFK and ATL-LAX.. I would not upgrade the coach fare class... might be paying extra and still not get an upgrade.

WindowSeat

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:24 am

Quoting JFK787NYC (Reply 2):
Are their any airlines that provide Elite Qualification Miles when you have Elite Status?

Unfortunately not. However, Delta is the only airline, that I know of, that offers unlimited complimentary upgrades for medallion members for flights in the US, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean and South America (except BizElite routes). I have found SkyTeam availability for award travel quite satisfying and would stick with SkyTeam always. After you become Platinum you also receive 6 systemwide upgrade certificates from Delta to be used in Y, B or M class.

Good luck with your status.

cheers
WindowSeat
I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

georgebush

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:34 am

Quoting RobertS975 (Reply 7):
There are only 2 domestic routes that ever see a DL 777

and ATL-MCO

I would not upgrade the coach fare class... might be paying extra and still not get an upgrade.

Yes, if you are going to pay anymore just upgrade to confirmed first or business. Its usually not that much more than a full Y.
Al Gore invented global warming.

JKJ777

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:52 pm

Quoting Georgebush (Reply 9):
and ATL-MCO

767-300 X 8
757-200 X 5
767-400 X 1

Just picked a random day (Dec 20) and this is their schedule. They have not flown the 777 between ATL and MCO for a while now......maybe it is occassionally used as an equipment sub but not a scheduled flight.

What route are you talking about? There are only 2 domestic routes that ever see a DL 777... ATL-JFK and ATL-LAX.. I would not upgrade the coach fare class... might be paying extra and still not get an upgrade.

ATL-LAX.......Even if the tickets are M class one way and Q the next???????? The price of that ticket is $780 compared to a first class ticket of $1,063 (talking between LAX and STL here)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos