Seats in Qantas' new international Premium Economy cabin went on sale today.
Qantas Executive General Manager, Mr John Borghetti, said seats in the airline's new Premium Economy cabin would be available on select B747-400 services from:
- Sydney to London via Singapore and Bangkok from 1 April 2008;
- Sydney to Johannesburg from 1 April 2008;
- Melbourne to London via Singapore and Hong Kong from 16 May 2008; and
- Sydney to Hong Kong from 3 August 2008.
Premium Economy return fares from Sydney (including taxes, levies and charges) will start from:
- Hong Kong $1999
- Johannesburg $4217
- Singapore $2189
- London $4567
- Bangkok $2552
Mr Borghetti said Qantas' Premium Economy seat was designed by renowned Australian designer Marc Newson in association with Recaro, manufacturer of seats for the likes of Aston Martin, Audi and Porsche.
He said the airline's Premium Economy would offer:
- a brand new 19.5 inch wide seat;
- generous seat recline and leg room (up to 40 inch pitch);
- 8.4 inch in-arm touch screen video monitor;
- Neil Perry inspired menu with premium wines;
- ergonomic cushioning and an adjustable headrest; and
- noise cancelling headsets.
"Our service will also include priority check-in, dedicated cabin crew, an additional hand baggage allowance, and priority boarding and disembarkation," Mr Borghetti said
"Qantas will offer 32 Premium Economy seats on its B747-400 aircraft in a two-four-two configuration, and the product will also be available on select B747-400 services to the US from late 2008.
"The Qantas A380's spacious state-of-the-art interiors will include 32 Premium Economy seats in every aircraft in a two-three-two configuration."
Qantas will take delivery of its first A380 in August 2008, with services to commence in the last quarter of 2008.
PHOTO BELOW IS COPYRIGHT SAM CHUI 2007 - IMAGE SOURCE
Yipee, finally on sale... some fares may be on the expensive side though.
Qantas will now have the best Premium Economy product in the sky!