jkent95

Star Alliance Code Share

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:06 pm

Hi, I hope this is not off topic, I have a question regarding Star Alliance code share flights and online seat selection and check-in. I'm flying out of YYZ to ORD an an Air Canada flight (booked through aircanada.com). I'm returning on United Airlines. In the past, if I booked flights like this (eg. Expedia) I'm given locater codes for both airlines. This has allowed me to go to each airlines website and retrieve my reservation, select seats or check-in. For my current flight booking aircanada.com provided me with only one locater code which allows me to maintain the Air Canada flight portion only. United Airlines does not recognize this code or the e-ticket number at all. Does anyone know if it is possible to access the United portion of my reservation or is that impossible with Air Canada bookings. Thanks.

JGPH1A

RE: Star Alliance Code Share

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:17 pm

Did you book both flights via AC.com ? If so it's very possible that AC doesn't have the UA record locator stored anywhere (this is more a GDS feature than an airline res system feature - RESIII is an old RTZ copy IIRC, and RTZ doesn't (didn't) store OA RLOC's anywhere. Best is to phone UA and get them to retrieve your booking by flight/date/name and give you the RLOC.

P.S. why is the thread entitled Star Alliance codeshare ? This is not a codeshare question - unless the UA return flight is operated by AC ? or vv ?
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

AI

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:10 am

try checking on
www.checkmytrip.com

AI

zrs70

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:05 am

Is the UA flight on an AC code-share (UA metal, AC flight number/ AC metal, UA flight number). If so, you won't be able to have access to the seats in advance.
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

JGPH1A

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:44 am

Quoting AI (Reply 2):
www.checkmytrip.com

Getting a little ahead there - checkmytrip works for bookings made on Amadeus, AC is not a system user, nor is UA (soon, though).
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

phlwok

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Quoting Zrs70 (Reply 3):
Is the UA flight on an AC code-share (UA metal, AC flight number/ AC metal, UA flight number). If so, you won't be able to have access to the seats in advance.

Depending upon how it's booked, if the booking airline can give you a UA record locator, you can head over to united.com and make seat assignments. You may also be able to do it via phone if you don't have the locator, but this will tend to depend upon the ability of the call center staffer you get.

I always do this when making award reservations on US with UA segments - US can't get me UA seats, but can give me the record locator to do it myself online or via phone. If any other changes need to be made to the reservation beyond seat assignments, US needs to make the change.

OA260

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:59 pm

From my experience if you are booked on a codeshare seats are assigned at the airport only.

If you have for example a UA flight number on a flight operated by Air Canada crew and AC then you wont have the same access to pre assign seats as if you had have booked on the Air Canada flight number. I try to avoid codeshares for this reason.