|Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 2):|
I would personally avoid sleeping pills as you never know how you will react, especially if you're not used to using them.
A few other suggestions:
* Avoid alcohol except maybe a beer or glass of wine right after takeoff.
* Drink plenty of water or non-carbonated juice etc.
* Don't eat much during the flight, or eat before you leave and don't eat at all on the flight except whatever they give you for breakfast before arrival. On a flight leaving at 9PM it's unlikely the meal would be served before 10PM which is probably later than you'd be eating at home, and then trying to fall asleep right after eating may not be easy.
* Don't sleep as long as usual the night before you leave so you'll be tired by the time you leave and more likely to sleep.
* Reset your watch to LHR time as soon as you board the flight. Seems to have a psychological benefit to start thinking in terms of the time at your destination as soon as possible.
* Get a little fresh air and exercise on arrival, even a short walk. Daylight (especially if the sun is shining) supposedly helps reset the body clock. Sunshine is of course often in short supply in London this time of year!
|Quoting Someone83 (Reply 8):|
try something like Melantonin
|Quoting Tugger (Reply 14):
Doesn't anyone else do this?
Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe
Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days
Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit
Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior
Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft
Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials
Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions
Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin
Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon
Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos
Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft
Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries
Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground
Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos