AF Cabin Crew
Topic Author

Qatar Airways A332 And A313 In PPT Tahiti

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:19 am

Ia Orana all !

This morning A Qatar Airways/Qatar Amiri Flight Airbus A330-200 A7HJJ landed in Papeete with the Qatar Emir on board. Also present at PPT was the only new livery Qatar Airways painted Airbus A310-300 A7-AFE.
The Emir came for some vacation in our beautiful islands and will be staying in Bora-Bora.
I bet the crew on the 2 aircrafts must be very lucky to be here in Tahiti which brings me to my questions...
Anyone working for QR here ? How do they choose which pilots or flight attendants do these special flights ? Anyone know what route the planes used to reach PPT ?
It was nice to see some new tails on our tarmac ! Thanks Your Highness for choosing our beautiful islands for your vacations and we all hope in Tahiti to welcome you again soon and that it will start a trend amongst the neighbouring Emirates !

Happy Flying,

AF Cabin Crew
Ia Maitai to tatou tere !

spiplane

RE: Qatar Airways A332 And A313 In PPT Tahiti

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:37 am

Must be a rare sight indeed. Any pictures you can share? I know it is difficult spotting (photography) at PPT having been there twice myself.

Greetings, Paul
A380 fan

macc

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:27 pm

now just imagine the reason to fly in with two normal pax planes. How many ladies are with him??
I exchanged political frustration with sexual boredom. better spoil a girl than the world

victor009

Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi Guys,

as far i know, Amiri flights are completely diff to normal QR staff, The pilots may change but i guess the F/A's are dedicated amiri divison.

I may be wrong , please correct if so

Regards
VJC
XWB- The one to fly.

AOMlover

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:42 pm

Thanks, that's the explanation I needed ! While driving on the RDO I briefly saw what looked like a Qatar Airways tail. I couldn't believe it. I was used to seeing the Amiri A330 in Nice, but I didn't expect to see her here in Tahiti!

That also explains why the Tia Moana was docked at Papeete harbour last weekend.

Qatara340

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:52 pm

Quoting AF Cabin Crew (Thread starter):
A330-200 A7HJJ

Hi everyone! A7-HJJ belongs to the Prime Minister whose name is Hamad Jassim Jaber (HJJ), so I assume he is the one in the islands.

Someday I plan to visit here, hopefully with a nonstop EK A380.. Big grin
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos