TimeForFlight
Topic Author

UA Downgrading DEN-STL?

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:54 pm

I'm a frequent traveler on UA's DEN-STL route, and I've recently noticed that instead of having 3 737s a day on the route they are moving to 2 by late Winter/early Spring and only 1 shortly thereafter. Most of the replacements are either CR7s or ER4s which are considerably smaller than the 733s and 735s. Does anyone know why this is happening? The current flights almost always seem to be full and they are even keeping 3 737 flights on the return leg (STL-DEN). There is even a 757 scheduled for certain Sunday flights to DEN in January - is this for ski season?!
As a Premier Exec I'm a little disappointed at the overall downgrade on my most frequent flight...but that's life! Hopeing somebody could shed some light on these changes for me!

Cubsrule

RE: UA Downgrading DEN-STL?

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:19 pm

Quoting TimeForFlight (Thread starter):
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Aircraft rotation... they need to get GJS and LOF aircraft out to DEN. Neither has a huge operation at DEN now, but GJS is growing. And since the GJS CR7s are Ex-Plus, it's really not that much of a downgrade.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

ramprat74

Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:09 am

United is trimming its mainline schedules for the slow winter months. They are bringing in aircraft to have them worked on. The whole fleet has been operating to the max. The spring schedule should be back to normal.

PC12Fan

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:37 pm

Quoting TimeForFlight (Thread starter):
There is even a 757 scheduled for certain Sunday flights to DEN in January - is this for ski season?!

Bingo.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!